Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Uplifting Event

Comments

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Negumiko wrote: »
    Daktaro wrote: »
    music route spoiler table flipping
    why are we bringing a small child into a night club
    and encouraging her to try and work there
    and whY is the owner seeming to leGiTimATeLY CONSIDER HIRING HER AS AN EMPLOYEE

i can understand "come back when you're older"
    but not
    "go out and gET SOME WORK EXPERIENCE, THEN"???!?!

REALLY? o_o; what the heck. This makes me uncomfortable

well the world of Erinn is set in medieval times basically. there are far worst worst things that could happen to her then getting a job offer at a bar/night club in a town surrounded by paladins that believe in justice and religion. in irl in our current time then yes it would be considered creepy and uncomfortable but Alyn is not from our world or time, things were different back then. getting a job offer at a bar in Cobh would actually be worst cause of all the fishermen and pirates in a side town with no guards or obvious pathway leading to it. probably nobody would care much what happens her in a situation like that.

Cultural differences and different societal expectations should not be the grounds of reasoning an action to be morally correct or incorrect.
    WolfandWolf
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited April 24, 2018

but not

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

smhlol. Really devcat? REALLY? Omg...smh.

but not

well the world of Erinn is set in medieval times "basically". there are far worst worst things that could happen to her then getting a job offer at a bar/night club in a town surrounded by paladins that believe in justice and religion. in irl in our current time then yes it would be considered creepy and uncomfortable but Alyn is not from our world or time, things were different back then. getting a job offer at a bar in Cobh would actually be worst cause of all the fishermen and pirates in a side town with no guards or obvious pathway leading to it. probably nobody would care much what happens her in a situation like that.

Yeah. lol.
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    nomigid15 wrote: »
    Headcanon: Alyn's parents didn't intentionally abandon her. They were merchants who left her at home while they made a routine trip, but were attacked and murdered by bandits. And if she's given combat lessons and joins the royal guard, you'll eventually get a quest where you help her track down the outlaw who led the attack and avenge them.

"Hello. My name is Alyn. You killed my parents. Prepare to die!"

love this reference xD
    anywayz, I'm curious to see the end of each storyline, but that'll take a while still, since I'm doing a different one everyday
    also, I don't think we'll get to keep her as free partner, though it would be cool
  • AlalaroseAlalarose
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,955
    The art for her completing the music line is pretty cute honestly :3 doing the combat one now :D cant wait to see the cooking one so maybe ill switch tomorrow x3
  • EmerisEmeris
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,120
    edited April 25, 2018
    I've really been enjoying this event so far.
    I like seeing the post-quest artwork on the easel!
    edited April 25, 2018
    This event is quite decent.

I will be honest.

I don't think the template for The Little Ghost Event or Saimhaim Movement is terrible to replicate, because both this event and that are heavily narrative based. I think that this event, and others that wish to focus on this aspect, should perhaps look to The Little Ghost Event or the Samhaim Movement to best incorporate the traditional aspects of an event in terms of repeatability and rewards while having the narrative be bolstered by gameplay.

I think the Orphan Girl Event here could perhaps follow in their footsteps. The story is admittingly basic, which I think would make it easier to adapt, but this is another consideration. The story wasn't too important overall to go into much depth.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305

but not

well the world of Erinn is set in medieval times basically. there are far worst worst things that could happen to her then getting a job offer at a bar/night club in a town surrounded by paladins that believe in justice and religion. in irl in our current time then yes it would be considered creepy and uncomfortable but Alyn is not from our world or time, things were different back then. getting a job offer at a bar in Cobh would actually be worst cause of all the fishermen and pirates in a side town with no guards or obvious pathway leading to it. probably nobody would care much what happens her in a situation like that.

Cultural differences and different societal expectations should not be the grounds of reasoning an action to be morally correct or incorrect.

Barmaids cleaned tables and brought stuff to guests (perhaps it was a striping related jab) but I don't think it was intended. Girls were set to be married much younger back then too, in fact girls past 20 were often considered "past their prime" with the average age of marriage being 15-18. It wasn't morally incorrect at the time, but by today's standards it is and I think that's the point.
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    edited April 26, 2018
    Hellkaizer wrote: »

but not

Barmaids cleaned tables and brought stuff to guests (perhaps it was a striping related jab) but I don't think it was intended. Girls were set to be married much younger back then too, in fact girls past 20 were often considered "past their prime" with the average age of marriage being 15-18. It wasn't morally incorrect at the time, but by today's standards it is and I think that's the point.

putting a spoiler tag again cuz more details about the quest even tho its basically been spoiled already
    mm i get that it was different back in the days
    in the quest she doesn't become a barmaid but performer for the stage, which i guess could be kind of better since she wouldn't be handling the alcohol
    am just a bit ehhhhhhh cuz she seems REAL young
    like shes holding her teddy bear and crying for her parents. and comparing height to players she's like 10 or 11
    why the night club in this context, why not the bard camp or starlet or that band that plays in festia or something
    prob just to use rua's mechanic....
    it's cool the night club is getting more use with the event and involving those npcs with new content. but still.. ehhhhhhh

but not

I think many (Not all) things are morally incorrect because they clash with my ideals and scruples; that the circumstances of the era, the culture and society, and the necessity do not tailor to the palate of my scruples

Morals are unique to an individual view as they are of the society they molded them. I see nothing wrong with the mere act of moral derision, but think it is best to examine each individual claim on the laurels of their reasoning, and reconsider our own biases.

I was arguing against the hackneyed reasoning of "It is a different culture", when most of us would have significant disagreements concerning bridal pyres and footbinding, among other outdated practices.
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900

but not

I think many (Not all) things are morally incorrect because they clash with my ideals and scruples; that the circumstances of the era, the culture and society, and the necessity do not tailor to the palate of my scruples

Morals are unique to an individual view as they are of the society they molded them. I see nothing wrong with the mere act of moral derision, but think it is best to examine each individual claim on the laurels of their reasoning, and reconsider our own biases.

I was arguing against the hackneyed reasoning of "It is a different culture", when most of us would have significant disagreements concerning bridal pyres and footbinding, among other outdated practices.

I've always invested in the idea that, if you aren't hurting/abusing/sexually exploiting other people against their adult free will, then you can argue "it's a different culture". Children can't consent to things as they don't have the developed brains for it.
  • SpiritikaSpiritika
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,415
    edited April 26, 2018
    noobodyzxz wrote: »
    In my case i did (combat lessons) and got a portrait of her for my hs
    but I dont think we will get same thing for another set of quest
    once you install the portrait and use it you will see this window:

I had no idea I could use the portrait to see the image and text. Thanks! :)
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    To be honest, I was a little surprised, and disappointed, that the music quest didn't have you play music at all. I was also hoping it would lead to Nele or Yvona, and perhaps have you run Math Musical Dungeon. Ah well, I've already finished the music questline, so onto the next!
    Peloi
    edited April 26, 2018

but not

I've always invested in the idea that, if you aren't hurting/abusing/sexually exploiting other people against their adult free will, then you can argue "it's a different culture". Children can't consent to things as they don't have the developed brains for it.

Rather than "It hurts no one"? I think that is a much better argument to use, with the additional reasoning that cultural difference isn't tantamount to being deleterious, before relating the idea of rights on the parties involved and concerned.

One can reach a sensible conclusion through faulty reasoning, which why I dislike using such a trite line of logic. On the basic concept of consistent application (To which morals generally obey for most), everything can be guarded against moral criticism with such a rationale, due to it being a culture we do not understand, a history we have no knowledge of, or an individual case of suffering far different from our own.
    WolfandWolf
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Finished the music path. Absolutely nothing wrong
    ... with a youthful girl working at Bean Rua. It's expected. You wouldn't want it filled with 25+ women, right? I'm not sure if you guys are following the text of the quests. Alyn grows years per completed quest. She's a young adult by the time she works at Bean Rua.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Finished the music path. Absolutely nothing wrong
    ... with a youthful girl working at Bean Rua. It's expected. You wouldn't want it filled with 25+ women, right? I'm not sure if you guys are following the text of the quests. Alyn grows years per completed quest. She's a young adult by the time she works at Bean Rua.

That alone makes zero sense because one irl week is 1 mabi year.
    So some how she when from being 10 to like 15 in 5 days.
    Must be a fomor or something.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    it makes even less sense that she grows up 3 times but well... just enjoy it for what it is :P

m3ITfkr.png
    WolfandWolf
  • TsumikkiTsumikki
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,200
    edited April 30, 2018
    Btw it's canon now what Eluned can't sew.
    In case we wonder why her shop doesn't have anything cool.
    MizukiHayamaWolfandWolf
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    Has anyone finished all three quests? Supposedly, we get an additional quest after that. I was wondering how many days it takes to do the additional quest, because I missed a few days.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Has anyone finished all three quests? Supposedly, we get an additional quest after that. I was wondering how many days it takes to do the additional quest, because I missed a few days.

Lmfao, you need real life 15 days to finish all quests. We are on day 13.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    It will probably just be a talk quest that takes less the 30 seconds to complete.
    Which will give you a title and maybe another hs item.
    WolfandWolf