Check out the patch notes for the April 15 Update: https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/66413/patch-notes-april-15th-2021
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Add Materials Option

EncrovianEncrovian
Mabinogi Rep: 1,085
Posts: 61
Member
in General Chat
Why didn't they just release that for Blacksmithing and Tailoring? They did it for pretty much everything else? Is it that hard to do that?

Comments

  • AgentJeanAgentJean
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,555
    Posts: 208
    Member
    It took them 10 years to add commas.
    BlissfulkillLiyetacourtneyyXiokunpawcalypseoffwithyourheadsWolfandWolfvioletkittImaizumiIyasenuand 3 others.
  • LiyetaLiyeta
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,060
    Posts: 765
    Member
    You will learn not to expect anything from mabi team.
    courtneyyTHICCthighssavelivesImaizumiRadiant Dawn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 62,795
    Posts: 8,272
    Member
    Sigh smh...
    Leinei
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 15,635
    Posts: 2,368
    Member
    Encrovian wrote: »
    Why didn't they just release that for Blacksmithing and Tailoring? They did it for pretty much everything else? Is it that hard to do that?

    Tailoring and Blacksmithing have mini games and are multi-try crafting skills. In Blacksmithing there's also the option to add different materials to give your stuff different "finishes" like copper gives a red appearance, silver for silver, gold for gold, etc.

    In order for them to put that auto-put materials option, they'd have to revamp the skills in question.

    I would love to see the Alchemy Skills get a once over too. Metal Conversion is just ridiculous now.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Posts: 790
    Member
    The convenience features added into skills are all over the place. I would love to see the autocomplete feature in handicraft, where the desired product is narrowed down as you add materials, added into metal crafting and cooking. Of course, I would also like to see the 'add materials' option added to everything.

    Wouldn't it also be great for cooking not to eat entire stacks of items? That just seems like a punishment by the devs for us players. Like, "You must work for your stat boosts, and you'll do that by using this purposefully clunky interface."
    JazmynWolfandWolf
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,610
    Posts: 484
    Member
    Leinei wrote: »
    Encrovian wrote: »
    Metal Conversion is just ridiculous now.

    Other than 'create a diamond' 5 times for Master, I'm not sure I entirely agree?

    a 2:1 ratio for transmutation isn't bad at all, though it is quite slow.
  • BerylBeryl
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,750
    Posts: 104
    Member
    The process of Metal Conversion is annoying because you have to manually select the thing you're making and which version (normal ore or fragments) before you can input the materials. With the other crafting skills (minus Blacksmithing, Tailoring and Cooking) you can input the material and the list of products will be narrowed down to those that require that material.

    Also, I don't get the significance of the Metal Conversion mini-game.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Posts: 1,066
    Member
    Beryl wrote: »
    The process of Metal Conversion is annoying because you have to manually select the thing you're making and which version (normal ore or fragments) before you can input the materials. With the other crafting skills (minus Blacksmithing, Tailoring and Cooking) you can input the material and the list of products will be narrowed down to those that require that material.

    Also, I don't get the significance of the Metal Conversion mini-game.

    AFAIK the metal conversion mini game literally doesn't do anything. It's just kinda there.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,865
    Posts: 1,752
    Member
    the feature can be annoying & horrific if you're not paying close attention.... when I made my colossal valiance armor it used my bhafel slayer armor as an ingredient even though I already had another armor in my inventory, AND had already placed that armor into the crafting window. when I pressed "add materials" the game decided to switch the crappy armor I threw in there with the bhafel and I wasn't paying enough attention.... I had to send a ticket to get it back.... another friend of mine was making marionette kits and it used his rank 1 blacksmithing hammer and they REFUSED to return it to him when he sent in a ticket because it was back when customer support was still total garbage. as someone who smiths a lot, I am absolutely fine with the feature not existing for it. I just wish they would let us use material pouches in blacksmithing like they do with tailoring. I always have to take the leathers out of the pouch for smithing but tailoring I can just throw the pouch in there
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,890
    Posts: 786
    Member
    The convenience features added into skills are all over the place. I would love to see the autocomplete feature in handicraft, where the desired product is narrowed down as you add materials, added into metal crafting and cooking. Of course, I would also like to see the 'add materials' option added to everything.

    Wouldn't it also be great for cooking not to eat entire stacks of items? That just seems like a punishment by the devs for us players. Like, "You must work for your stat boosts, and you'll do that by using this purposefully clunky interface."

    Being able to stick a whole stack of food without the entire thing disappearing on you would be divine.

    Maybe also a "use same ingredients as last dish", but that would be asking for too much XD
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,050
    Posts: 2,762
    Member
    Arjune wrote: »
    the feature can be annoying & horrific if you're not paying close attention.... when I made my colossal valiance armor it used my bhafel slayer armor as an ingredient even though I already had another armor in my inventory, AND had already placed that armor into the crafting window. when I pressed "add materials" the game decided to switch the crappy armor I threw in there with the bhafel and I wasn't paying enough attention.... I had to send a ticket to get it back.... another friend of mine was making marionette kits and it used his rank 1 blacksmithing hammer and they REFUSED to return it to him when he sent in a ticket because it was back when customer support was still total garbage. as someone who smiths a lot, I am absolutely fine with the feature not existing for it. I just wish they would let us use material pouches in blacksmithing like they do with tailoring. I always have to take the leathers out of the pouch for smithing but tailoring I can just throw the pouch in there

    That sounds completely painful. My condolences.