Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Why? This has been only getting worse for years.

AigisAigis
Mabinogi Rep: 940
edited January 14, 2017 in General Chat
image http://i.imgur.com/WZUj4EI.png Your image embedding is broken. Fix it.
Same for all items in belvast except for the last item and the first two which have pathetic listing prices. This is an issue. Why has it gone unnoticed for years? What is this? Do you want to put people off of commerce for ever? This is how you do that.

Comments

• SinsAndFalseAlarmsSinsAndFalseAlarms
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,820
    I forgot commerce existed.
    SylviaWolfe
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    I don't think safes were ever worthwhile in commercing anyways. I always had to use the swords and whips to level that rating up and it's kinda stuck at 7 because belvast is just boring to commerce :/ Though I have made 32 mil ducts since christmas day so commercing isn't impossible just because belvast is crap :)
    Erydanos
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    What @Arjune said is true, but all of those goods being well into the negative profits shouldn't be happening. I'm pretty sure in order for that to happen, people need to sell thousands of those goods to each of those regions to force the buying price there down to that.
  • ArjuneArjune
    I do agree that those prices need to be fixed. There's no reason that every single town should have a negative profit like that... it just doesn't make sense. it's like the entirety of Erinn does not want Belvast safes XD
  • MikuV3MikuV3
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,325
    edited January 14, 2017
    commerce is a serious business
    http://i.imgur.com/WVMdJsr.jpg
  • AigisAigis
    edited January 14, 2017
    Basically the points stated in this thread reflect my feelings. I hate useless things.. The absolute ignorance of nexon to have kept this being an acceptable thing for so long deserves to be called out. This is wrong and neglectful of your own player base. Rather infuriating honestly.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    If it is a glitch, someone will need to file it and find if anything done by players in game causes the price deflation to tank like a stone really quickly. If that is the case, then you really have all rights to be upset.

But it's also entirely possible it's not a glitch, but a bunch of people deliberately running some unused goods' prices to the ground so other things get a slight price boost.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I think the price stops being negative for Safes once you get the discount on purchase price for higher merchant ratings.
    Though that'd probably only make them worth a few ducats profit apiece, instead of negative.
    Didn't realize they were that bad though, wow.
  • ArjuneArjune
    edited January 14, 2017
    http://oi66.tinypic.com/2mpg3km.jpg

There's the price I get in Mari with r1 commerce mastery and merchant rating level 7 ..... considering you can only carry a max of 8 with a partner pack elephant? You can only get a worthwhile profit selling to the smuggler and thus dropping your rating? .... YUCK

LF> Commerce revamp .... I'm annoyed that they teased a commerce revamp on the picture they had for Renovation now. I really thought we were getting one after some time... even a GM mentioned a commerce revamp in the Renovation Q&A :P maybe they scrapped it?
  • AigisAigis
    Who knows, but this neglect no matter what the case is truly disgusting. I stand by that.
  • NasumiRayneNasumiRayne
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,265
    I guess you could say...
    *puts on sunglasses*
    ... commerce is no longer Safe.
    "YEAAAAAHHHHH"
    IyasenuMilkypockyBuffalosMeyCquilesGretaHindsightKingEphy
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited January 14, 2017
    The game is probably secretly owned by some obscure chinese textile firm trying to racketeer its Yuan xD
    RIP Firefall

pour hot water on it
  • mintielmintiel
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,855
    Aigis
    Aigis said:

Who knows, but this neglect no matter what the case is truly disgusting. I stand by that.
    Welcome to Nexon where the number 1 priority is money and apparently fixing the problems in the games they actually own isn't worth the time, despite the fact that fixes... will probably get them money?
    Yeah, I don't know about this company sometimes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    @Aigis Image embedding is not broken. It's deactivated right now while they fix some issues with these new forums. http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/668/forum-features-adjustment For now we just have to post links to images or videos.
  • MikuV3MikuV3
    edited January 14, 2017
    Am I the only one who thinks the commerce prices its fine? D:
  • ArjuneArjune
    do you really think those prices in the picture he linked are fine? You realize those are all negative profit right? that's what the blue means
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    edited January 15, 2017
    @Arjune It is probably because MikuV3 is not using Belvast as a stop for commerce. Belvast isn't a favorable stop to do commerce since there's that boat trip (both ways) in the way. MikuV3 is probably referring to the rest of the commerce places.
  • AigisAigis
    Even if that is the case, the fact that the prices are so ungodly low and that even a trip from tara to cobh is more profitable than belvast makes it redundant. I'm not sure if this is actually beneficial or what not but I need answers. For those prices to be so low that it's not useful to trade to -OR- from makes me sick thinking about it.
  • MikuV3MikuV3
    The answer is your low merchant rating in belvast
  • ArjuneArjune
    edited January 15, 2017
    did you not see my screenshot with level 7 rating and r1 commerce mastery? it's not much better... least not for Safes. and you can only carry 8 of them