Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Reduce the effectiveness of hp potions

scienceguy2scienceguy2
Mabinogi Rep: 405
edited July 2, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
I think potions are too good in mabinogi and reduces sportive game play - suggestions are appreciated and also if you agree/disagree.
I think you should get potion poisoning much quicker and it should have a more negative effect like:
after 15 potions within a certain time each potion after that deals 110% of what it heals for you as damage over time ( like a 2hp per sec) so you still heal from it but you would eventual lose more than you heal. (it dose not have to be specifically this but i think they should not be as good as they are now)
why i think this is a good idea:
Reduce the dps meta -Makes skills like heal and party heal more useful and people would think twice before choosing Battlefield Overture or Enduring Melody. players would consider defensive skills more like mana shield (which should have rank 1 by now) and skills like neutral shield(which need a re-vamp as simple as allowing you to move with it and giving it a charge time rather than coldown. It makes no sense why the gave it a coldown since it should be about timing it right but ill end my shield rant now) and equipping shields for reduced damage
3. make higher hp pots more valuable 500 hp pots vs 30 hp pots and there is some money in it for nexon too because people would consider buying the nx potions
4 So solo gamplay is not destroyed reduce the effects stamina loss of healing yourself- there is a wound mechanic for a reason and its to prevent people from healing 24/7 also healing yourself is hard in combat and will make first aid skill useful (and should have rank 1 by now) which leads to my last reason
5 It makes game play harder(and better) without having to introduce stronger(op) bosses that 1 or 2 shot you. since potions would be less useful the boss battles could be battles of the teams endurance(how much mp you have 2 heal and how much hp your team has left. I think its more fun this way 2 and it will reduce the dps meta some more)

1. potions be nerfed22 votes
    1. yes
       9% (2 votes)
    2. no
       91% (20 votes)
    3. other
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• SollSoll
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,330
    In the game, when you get to a certain point, your HP gets too high for hp 100s to do the job. Rather, higher-end HP potions should be made available to craft with Potion making instead. Just keep the RE/SE stuff in cash shop.

Why do you think Girgashiy's attacks were made to scale with your hp instead of one-shotting you?
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    I think potions are too good in mabinogi and reduces sportive game play - suggestions are appreciated and also if you agree/disagree.
    I think you should get potion poisoning much quicker and it should have a more negative effect like:
    after 15 potions within a certain time each potion after that deals 110% of what it heals for you as damage over time ( like a 2hp per sec) so you still heal from it but you would eventual lose more than you heal. (it dose not have to be specifically this but i think they should not be as good as they are now)
    why i think this is a good idea:
    Reduce the dps meta -Makes skills like heal and party heal more useful and people would think twice before choosing Battlefield Overture or Enduring Melody. players would consider defensive skills more like mana shield (which should have rank 1 by now) and skills like neutral shield(which need a re-vamp as simple as allowing you to move with it and giving it a charge time rather than coldown. It makes no sense why the gave it a coldown since it should be about timing it right but ill end my shield rant now) and equipping shields for reduced damage
    3. make higher hp pots more valuable 500 hp pots vs 30 hp pots and there is some money in it for nexon too because people would consider buying the nx potions
    4 So solo gamplay is not destroyed reduce the effects stamina loss of healing yourself- there is a wound mechanic for a reason and its to prevent people from healing 24/7 also healing yourself is hard in combat and will make first aid skill useful (and should have rank 1 by now) which leads to my last reason
    5 It makes game play harder(and better) without having to introduce stronger(op) bosses that 1 or 2 shot you. since potions would be less useful the boss battles could be battles of the teams endurance(how much mp you have 2 heal and how much hp your team has left. I think its more fun this way 2 and it will reduce the dps meta some more)

Okay.

1. Battlefield is TOO good to ever be picked over anything else, except in a very few cases vivance. Enduring melody is pretty much only useful for mana regen. Pretty much everyone uses mana shield in phantasm/dragon raids/girg raids/avalon raids. The shield skills are pretty useful already, but I think it'd be better if they functioned more like shield of trust. As for party heal, again it's already used in the above mentioned.

3(?). Higher restoring pots in the cash shop while potion making is a dead skill? No thanks. How about potion making be better in the first place, then we can talk about making cash shop ones.

4.I just think heal on yourself shouldn't take stamina at all it's too slow to save you anyway.

5. It doesn't make it harder, it makes it last longer which is artificial difficulty. Add more mechanics to fights and less hp/damage that would shift the meta. If you buff sustainability to the point it's better than dps, it's because you can be practically invincible which in the end is worse as you'll have a fight that takes an hour but there's 0 risk of dying.

Also chapter 7 (g22 spoilers)
    We're getting a trait system which is attempting to make players less dps focused, and more tanky as well.
  • scienceguy2scienceguy2
    1 ok
    3- higher restoring pots already exist in the cash shop but i did over look what is required to make 300hp pots (four leaf clover-new methods to obtain them anyone?) which makes me reconsider my statement but potion poisoning only effects 2 stats ie HP Intelligence and Will- according to wiki- so how is it fair for some class to be unaffected by pot poisoning?
    4 i agree
    5 looking at the extreme end of things but my point is it should be worth using skills like heal, and magic shields- being forsed(ish) to use more sustain skills would make a boss harder -not overall sustain stats
    Girgashiy is one boss in the game but i guess there trying to change that but it also makes def stat useless. it also makes me wonder why the made def based on str( if you chose not to invest into it in the beginning well glhf,they could of just gave armor more upgrade paths)- im not for or against it since its 2 sides to the same coin. probably a another topic
    g22 lets see how that turns out
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Liyeta wrote: »
    I have 2k hp. Baltane mob hits around 300 per hit and hit 3 times. Thats half of my hp right there whenever a wolf decide to hit me instead of my divine linked pet. I think i get potion poisoned after drinking 20 ish 100 hp pots. So i give up on using hp pots all together.

They should nerf potion poisoning and make hp 1000 potion available for crafting.

Instead of damage over time, why not effect over time. For example 1000 hp potion that apply the effect for 10 second, which mean 100 hp restored every second for 10 second.

This will give party heal a clear advantage (because instant heal) and less burden for the cleric for healing.

Also they should change party heal to scale better with int and magic attack. Currently you will heal 160 hp at r1 + 1 hp every 5 ma. So around 200-300 ish per party heal. Thats too low, and most mob will out damage the healing after a while. Leaving the cleric out of mp, dead, and insulted for not healing fast enough.

With all healing set (minus reforges) I can heal about 450s and that's being pretty invested into it. Losing max damage along with other stuff is a bit too much for an extra 100hp on a heal.
  • scienceguy2scienceguy2
    1000 hp pots would be useful it would be like the hp regen you get from demigod. As long as the healing effects dont stack it could be useful.

Aquasol