Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Merlin, Please.

Comments

• SurreptitiouslySurreptitiously
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,560
    HaruHime20 wrote: »
    No, I know that the idiot Merlin was sadly important to the Story. I'm just saying that they picked the wrong character. The game didn't appeal to the entire player base.
    I think, just bear with me a moment here, it is very difficult no matter what you do, to appeal to everybody.
    There is hundreads of NPC's but they settled for the least important, least wanted character. Maybe if Merlin didn't act like he is 13 and seeing a girl for the first time, his character would be better, but I swear the whole time it seemed like he was hitting on my character.
    Did you miss the part where he's literally the greatest mage who ever lived combined with donte from DmC?
    And if there was never any intimate relations with Merlin, why would he act like there was? Why say anything at all. It was uncomfortable because it wasn't a girl saying Jokes like that. I just don't like Merlin, and I don't know anyone who does!
    Jokes on you I actually like white haired mahou shounen DONTE.

Also, implications =/= what actually happened. Chances are he just got dead drunk and started rambling on about anything and everything zzz. Inference from a story is up to the reader and if you take things that negatively I think you might need to chill.
    TwelieBlissfulkillLialin
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Donte? Who's that?
    fennixfox
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Greta wrote: »
    Donte? Who's that?

sticker,375x360-bg,ffffff.u1.png
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Opalthira wrote: »
    Donte? Who's that?

Ohhhh lmao.

• HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Opalthira wrote: »
    Donte? Who's that?

Ohhhh lmao.

3b6a364211351e34f5f3f6757e3bc7a0.png
    Teases
  • VaughanVaughan
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    HaruHime20 wrote:
    No, I know that the idiot Merlin was sadly important to the Story. I'm just saying that they picked the wrong character.
    Alltur/Altam pulled the legendary sword from the stone Milletian - he needs a Merlin. :')
    VeylaineKitt15BlissfulkillLialin
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    No, I know that the idiot Merlin was sadly important to the Story. I'm just saying that they picked the wrong character. The game didn't appeal to the entire player base.
    I think, just bear with me a moment here, it is very difficult no matter what you do, to appeal to everybody.

I mean, didn't the Fighter skills questline have you romancing someone, and all you had to choose was three girls? (I haven't done it in ages so I can't remember very well)

That probably didn't exactly appeal to straight girls or gay guys who play this game. And the weird thing with Eirawen being low key in love with you or something. I mean, if there's an argument that we should cater to everyone, we should really cater to everyone.
    fennixfox
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    I personally don't think we should cater to everyone.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    What ye guys doing
    31223923_718888544901610_5726837232740859904_n.png?_nc_cat=0&oh=ec7db963b44c878c467267aa51b8f272&oe=5BD2EA73
    fennixfox
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    TNinja wrote: »
    What ye guys doing
    31223923_718888544901610_5726837232740859904_n.png?_nc_cat=0&oh=ec7db963b44c878c467267aa51b8f272&oe=5BD2EA73

I have no idea but you're welcome to join, lol
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    edited July 18, 2018

I mean, didn't the Fighter skills questline have you romancing someone, and all you had to choose was three girls? (I haven't done it in ages so I can't remember very well)

That probably didn't exactly appeal to straight girls or gay guys who play this game. And the weird thing with Eirawen being low key in love with you or something. I mean, if there's an argument that we should cater to everyone, we should really cater to everyone.

The Millitian that plays out the story actually has some distinct characteristics that are independent of the player playing through them. For one the Millitian is very kind hearted, if a bit blunt at times. They are also quite naive and is willing to listen to anyone that speaks. They also have a strong set of morals that is geared towards protecting rather than outright hostile. Generally, the Millitian of the story is quite likable. They make friends by being actually friendly, willing to lend a helping hand, and can take on dangerous tasks for the reason of being unkillable. Eirawen is attracted to the Millitian because they were the only guiding light in the lowest point in her life (her actual father was recently killed, her father figure, and personal maid were killed protecting her, she's been thrown into the world alone, there are forces out for her life, and all of her allies are dead or abandoned her) and they were the very thing that helped her push through it. Whether the relationship is romantic or platonic, Eirawen considers the Millitian someone close to her, to the point of being family even. You also have to account for the fact that if you're a Paladin, you are quite literally her Knight In Shining Armor, so there's that. For the fighter quests, the Millitian didn't so much as steal any of the 3 potential romantic interest as ignite an intense passion for adventure which made them reconsider marriage (The one you were closest with). So the story Millitian is just someone that is easy to get along with, if rather dull. They don't exactly cater to everyone, but they don't aim to offend anyone. Besides Cichol who has a problem with the nature of their existence but not actually hostile to them as a person.
  • ObsimObsim
    Mabinogi Rep: 910
    Catering to everyone will never be possible as there will always be someone who is offended or does not like it. My opinion on the story aside this thread is a classic example of what precisely is wrong with the net these days. Looks for snowflakes.