Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Make Nascent Divinity a Toggle

IAAWIAAW
Mabinogi Rep: 2,285
in Feedback and Suggestions
After completing G21 and trying out Nascent Divinity, I've found myself enjoying the transformation a lot, and it's become something that I basically want to use all the time. However, the very blatant 36-minute cooldown (AKA a "You're only supposed to be able to use this once per in-game day." cooldown) makes using it all the time, well, a bit hard. Leveling up Nascent Divinity (and using "the New Divinity" title) can help prolong the transformation, but even then, there's still the matter of having to face an extensively long cooldown in order to use the transformation again after the transformation expires. So, I'm basically making this thread to suggest that the cooldown be removed, and Nascent Divinity be turned into a toggle.

While my reasoning for this is mostly because I want to be able to use it all of the time, there are a few things about Nascent Divinity that make me feel like it would work better as a toggle; as nice as Nascent Divinity feels, the skillset itself is extremely limited, limited soley to your Crusader skills, Divine Blast, Nova Obliteration, and Blink. While the skills alone might make Nascent Divinity stand on its own for the short time you can use it, it admittedly kind of doesn't, at least from my point of view;

- While the Crusader skills are nice (and enhanced while in Nascent Divinity), you are still restricted by cooldowns, and the Crusader skills themselves have the same limitations; Judgement Blade is powerful but has a long wind up (both in activation and casting), Shield of Trust only lasts for so long, and Celestial Spike is still the utility it always is for the DoT damage. While I'm not denying that these skills are especially powerful while in Nascent Divinity (especially Celestial Spike), they are again still restricted by cooldowns, so you can only use them so often to begin with.

- Divine Blast, the main attack while in Nascent Divinity, is powerful but like with Judgement Blade, it has a wind up, and you want to be consistently attacking with a full charge in order to maximize DPS. As of the fully charged attack in of itself, while it guarantees critical damage and provides a small damage radius to boot, Divine Blast is ultimately more of a single target attack that's slow to use and requires both stacks and consistent charged attacks to be genuinely powerful.

- While Nascent Divinity itself offers Advanced Heavy Stander while using it, it offers no other (visible) bonuses that I'm aware of (compared to G2's trans, which offers plenty of bonuses while in use and doesn't restrict you combat-wise outside of removing title bonuses), and in the majority of scenarios (AKA scenarios where enemies are more than happy to hit you for more than 1s), Advanced Heavy Stander is generally just a way for enemies to freely wail on you. While I'm aware that while in Nascent Divinity Shield of Trust allows you to negate some of this damage, there's still the fact that you lack the mobility in Nascent Divinity (outside of Blink) to easily avoid damage. And from my perspective (as an admittedly not end-game player), Advanced Heavy Stander is fun, except for the times when there's an enemy enjoying free 200+ damage hits that you can't exactly defend from outside of Blink and Shield of Trust.

(If you need an idea of how "not end-game" I am, I more or less was only able to finish G21 because of multiple Nao Soul Stones, Chain Blades, and a very healthy abuse of Anchor Rush iframes.)

- And there's the simple fact that while in Nascent Divinity, you're not using Chain skills. Or Ninja skills. Or Magic skills. Or essentially any other skillset that arguably has more utility, flexibility, and most of all survivability than Nascent Divinity will generally ever offer.

Outside of that, there's really nothing else truly "off" about Nascent Divinity for me. Nova Obliteration is an excellent AoE attack worthy of its 10 minute cooldown (though admittedly for end-game players this will probably be the only reason they will ever use Nascent Divinity, stacks or no stacks), and Blink is great for getting out of harm's way, although your overall mobility in Nascent Divinity is not without issues, as noted above.

With all that being said, would Nascent Divinity being a toggle be overpowered? It's honestly debatable in the end, but between the limitations that Nascent Divinity has from my perspective (especially for end-game scenarios, I'd wager), as nice as a reward it is for beating Talvish, outside of Nova Obliteration it feels like it's a skill that, at least from my perspective, will ultimately be relegated to the gimmick bin for me next to Transformation Mastery, and for someone who also enjoys Transformation Mastery (to the point where I've wasted AP on AP training it when I have skillsets I should be working on), that's honestly kind of disappointing. So I guess in a way this suggestion is a way for me to provide my own feelings on Nascent Divinity, sharing my thoughts, asking for it to be a toggle and maybe seeing if anyone at Nexon/DevCat will agree with me.

As a compromise though, if it can't be a toggle, consider toning down Nascent Divinity's cooldown to 10 minutes. That way, even if it can't be used all the time, Nascent Divinity will at least be able to be used more often.

Comments

• FaybalFaybal
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,775
    edited July 19, 2018
    I personally don't see a problem with the system right now. However, if they were to implement the toggle, I would expect that Nova Obliteration's cooldown would be extended. Although it currently has a 10 minute cooldown, no Nascent divinity transformation can last longer than 5.5 mins (With "The New Divinity" title and r1 ND). This effectively limits Nova Obliteration to one use per transformation. I'd expect them to extend NO's cooldown to 36 minutes if this were to happen.

On the issue of SoT, I believe that it would be overpowering if you could conjure dmg absorption every 20 seconds. The SoT lasts 16 seconds, meaning that there's a 4 second interval between time of effect and reuse. I personally find myself already utilizing this generated HP bank to my advantage during Mokk and Sylvan Dragon raids.
    I personally never use spike outside of girg.
    Also, JB already has an insane damage output when paired with the right equipment.

Additionally, If ND was a toggle transformation, how would stacks reset? If you stayed in ND with a full 50 stacks and waited for the cooldown of NO, you would be able to abuse the enhanced damage output of NO.

Also, divine blast deals a small amount of AOE dmg when fully charged. It's not the most useful skill, but it has a somewhat reliable damage output.

I personally think that blink may be a little on the utility side, but it DOES drop aggro as well as teleports you. While the cooldown may be a little overbearing, I find it to be the 'crisis escape' of ND.

Anyways,
    Who knows?
  • JohanaJohana
    Mabinogi Rep: 765
    They should let u to use the transformation again when u finish a battle. Its so boring wait to much for kill a monsters to help someone and disable the transformation again :(
  • IAAWIAAW
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,285
    Oh wow, this finally got posted. Anyway, I had some additional ideas for Nascent Divinity as a toggle;

- The toggle could be implemented as a master title for Nascent Divinity, sort of as a representation for "mastering" the ability of maintaining your Nascent Divinity form. It would be more balanced too in that you would need to both master Nascent Divinity and dedicate a title slot to being able to use Nascent Divinity indefinitely.

- I've always found the cooldowns for both Nascent Divinity and Nova Obliteration weird; not necessarily wrong, but weird. Nova Obliteration cools down far before Nascent Divinity can be used again after it expires. It's almost like the cooldowns should be switched; that Nascent Divinity should have the 10 minute cooldown while Nova Obliteration should have the 36 minute cooldown.

- As for the skill being turned into a toggle, considering Nova Obliteration, one idea I had for the skill would be for its damage to be strongly effected by the amount of Divine Stacks you have, along with expending all of your Divine Stacks on use. Would allow for some strategy; use it while Divine Stacks are low for a quick AoE attack for low damage, or build up Divine Stacks to unleash a more powerful attack.

- Divine Stacks could decay while in Nascent Divinity form, increasing in decay speed the longer you don't attack anything. Would encourage maintaining damage to maintain stacks, while preventing "storing" stacks between battles.