Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Bye-Bye ( o . o )/

ZephyrmaruZephyrmaru
Mabinogi Rep: 2,430
edited August 4, 2018 in Town Square
So apparently voicing your concerns in Town Square about a specific mod is enough for said mod to give your account a warning and giving another warning for having 'a bad attitude'.

Reminds me of a few years ago when a mod was harassing someone in the Art Section. Anyone remember that, how the community banded together to support them and the mod went "Okay I'll put it this way, if people keep complaining I'm going to nuke the Art Section completely, so what's more important?". Pepperidge Farm remembers. Fun times.

Sorry, I went off topic. What I was trying to say was that I had a lovely time with everyone and here's some nice gifs with a special message :^ )

Escapinggif.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_o61z9hN82A1td9nt5o1_540.gif

Bye-Bye ( o . o )/

feb-22-2017-11-11-46.gif?w=640&h=360

KensamaofmariSherriSebastianGreta

Comments

• HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Zephyrmaru wrote: »
    So apparently voicing your concerns in Town Square about a specific mod is enough for said mod to give your account a warning and giving another warning for having 'a bad attitude'.

Reminds me of a few years ago when a mod was harassing someone in the Art Section. Anyone remember that, how the community banded together to support them and the mod went "Okay I'll put it this way, if people keep complaining I'm going to nuke the Art Section completely, so what's more important?". Pepperidge Farm remembers. Fun times.

Sorry, I went off topic. What I was trying to say was that I had a lovely time with everyone and here's some nice gifs with a special message :^ )

Yeah, sometimes the censorship on these forums is really awful feeling. Walking on eggshells saying anything even the slightest bit controversial. Interesting that the forums seem to be less active even though the playerbase has been returning/growing.
    Sherri
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited August 5, 2018
    Wow... Just wow. I guess i'm not the only victim who was unjustified with silly warnings. These forums are so biased and sensitive.
    ImaizumiSherri
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    edited August 5, 2018
    Eh, these forums died a long time ago. I just peek in time-from-time.
    The forums are too overly moderated and closely watched to have any type of enjoyment anymore. (Strict is a better word.)

While I've never gotten a warning, I am almost sure I would if I let loose and posted often like the old days. This place used to be fun with the memes, and the spam, and the craziness.
    Hellkaizer pretty much said it. Anyone still around is basically just walking on eggshells.
    GretaLiberateSherriImaizumi
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Sai wrote: »
    The forums are too overly moderated and closely watched to have any type of enjoyment anymore.

While I've never gotten a warning, I am almost sure I would if I let loose and posted often like the old days. This place used to be fun with the memes, and the spam, and the craziness.
    Hellkaizer pretty much said it. Anyone still around is basically just walking on eggshells.

The irony here is we're all beating around the bush even talking here. Most people know what the issue is but as soon as it's brought up, bans are handed out and it gets silenced again.
    SherriImaizumi
  • GretaGreta
    edited August 5, 2018
    The fun fact is that it wasn't moderated enough at first, but after some people complained (including me) about toxicity of these forums and that VFM's are barely active here then this started to happen. I guess this is what we get now lol.
    SherriImaizumi
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Eh sorta agree. Some of the warnings I've heard of seem justified, but quite a few are just....not needed? Just because you removed someone's post doesn't mean they need a flag on their forum account that'll show up every time a contest gets judged. Likewise, just because there are 3+ posts on a thread that need to be removed doesn't mean you should move the entire thread to a hidden mod section/deleted.
    GretaSherriImaizumiMizukiHayama
  • GretaGreta
    edited August 5, 2018
    Having opinion = bad attitude.

P.S: OP, don't leave us... :c I quite enjoyed your posts here in forums. :)
    SherriImaizumi
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Eh sorta agree. Some of the warnings I've heard of seem justified, but quite a few are just....not needed? Just because you removed someone's post doesn't mean they need a flag on their forum account that'll show up every time a contest gets judged. Likewise, just because there are 3+ posts on a thread that need to be removed doesn't mean you should move the entire thread to a hidden mod section/deleted.

The thing that's insane is talking out against some vfms results in an almost immediate warning/ban. Yes things like "haha ur so bad u suck" should just be dealt with and ignored, but legitimate criticism shouldn't be ignored. People are afraid to speak up for fear of warnings/bans and that's what killed the old forums, and now that it's happening again it's killing these forums as well.
    SherriImaizumi
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Zephyrmaru wrote: »

Bye-Bye ( o . o )/

See you in Valhalla.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Oh, it's happening again, hm? I see some things never change.
    Honestly I used to be so scared of moderators, thinking they'd warn or ban me.
    Now I just don't care, nowhere near as much as I used to.
    Besides, who's bright idea was to give VOLUNTEER mods the power to BAN? ..Or do they contact the higher ups to give out bans? :l
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Sherri wrote: »
    Oh, it's happening again, hm? I see some things never change.
    Honestly I used to be so scared of moderators, thinking they'd warn or ban me.
    Now I just don't care, nowhere near as much as I used to.
    Besides, who's bright idea was to give VOLUNTEER mods the power to BAN? ..Or do they contact the higher ups to give out bans? :l

Supposedly, they contact the "team" to discuss bans. I think that's a load of hot garbage due to just how quickly some people get warnings. GM's can't answer tickets in 5-10 mins, why would they bother reading a forum warning/ban that quickly? And if the "team" is the other vfms then in that case that's just wrong, as the ban/warning isn't official at all.

Player mods in runescape could give you a chat mute (if you did this wrong, you'd not only lose your Pmod status but may also be banned) and your player reports were given priority. They couldn't just outright ban someone, it's a little ridiculous
  • IAAWIAAW
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,285
    edited August 8, 2018
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Supposedly, they contact the "team" to discuss bans. I think that's a load of hot garbage due to just how quickly some people get warnings. GM's can't answer tickets in 5-10 mins, why would they bother reading a forum warning/ban that quickly? And if the "team" is the other vfms then in that case that's just wrong, as the ban/warning isn't official at all.

Player mods in runescape could give you a chat mute (if you did this wrong, you'd not only lose your Pmod status but may also be banned) and your player reports were given priority. They couldn't just outright ban someone, it's a little ridiculous

From my own experience as a volunteer moderator in another game (now shut down) that was also primarily composed of volunteers, the moderators pretty much had full reign over the moderation tools, both in the forums and in-game. Kicking, banning, muting, etc; all the volunteer moderators had access to those tools. All that really mattered was maintaining the status quo as well; as long as that was done, there were no issues. The actual developers were pretty hands-off about moderation because of this, instead trusting their volunteer moderators. The moderation team was eventually expanded into volunteer community managers and another group of volunteers who didn't have access to moderation tools but were largely responsible for managing events and informing the higher ups of any wrongdoing. In the end, that game was mismanaged pretty badly; a lot of moderation done by players, even for more serious issues, and many of them either lacked experience or lacked impartiality. And that's coming from someone on that team who made plenty of mistakes. Certainly not someone who should've been able to run around invisible in-game.

That being said though, I can't speak for the volunteer moderation staff here since I have no clue what their modus operandi is. Their rules might be different, and they might also need to have GMs on the Nexon payroll vet their moderation. All I can do is really share my own experiences, and with that being said; I don't know what the rules are here in regards to how the volunteer moderators operate. But I will say that they are arguably representatives of Nexon and are arguably required to show some degree of professionalism in their management.

Feel like I'm going to regret posting this.
    SherriLiberateBronzebreak
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    Sai wrote: »
    The forums are too overly moderated and closely watched to have any type of enjoyment anymore. (Strict is a better word.)

I pretty much had to drop my entire persona from the old forums due to this. I miss my nicely timed gifs and sass. /sad
    That and I don't have the matching avatar anymore. Weren't we supposed to get those, like, eons ago?
    Sherri
  • KatherzKatherz
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
    Hello, let me clear up a few things in this thread:

1. VFMs consult with Nexon on warnings and/or bans. A Nexon employee will issue any bans.
    2. We are informed when a player is given a warning and are linked the evidence that support that warning.
    3. VFMs operate under a set of rules given to them by us.
    4. Warnings will always say which rule(s) was/were broken. It is 3 strikes before a user is banned.
    5. Please review the Code of Conduct for the forums: http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/2/mabinogi-forums-code-of-conduct
    GretaIAAWJazmynHellkaizerSherriVeylaine
  • GretaGreta
    Is it true that if you behave nicely you can get your warning removed? Don't know which VFM said that.
  • IAAWIAAW
    Thanks, Katherz. As a side question however, would criticism towards moderation/"bad attitude" be enough for a warning or would that be superfluous?
  • GretaGreta
    edited August 8, 2018
    IAAW wrote: »
    Thanks, Katherz. As a side question however, would criticism towards moderation/"bad attitude" be enough for a warning or would that be superfluous?

Oh please. I was trying to tease another user by joking around, saying that i "baited" them in and i got a warning for baiting and flaming other users lol. Also got another warning for "insulting" because i told one user to "eat Snickers", meanwhile user next to me called Dev's idiots and got away with it clearly, because their posts wasn't removed. At this point, you better off not saying anything sassy or silly because you might get a warning out of nowhere.

If it's true that a 3rd warning is a ban then i might be backing off from these forums too then, because who knows what i'll get a warning for. Sigh.
    SherriImaizumi
  • IAAWIAAW
    Greta wrote: »
    Oh please. I was trying to tease another user by joking around, saying that i "baited" them in and i got a warning for baiting and flaming other users lol. Also got another warning for "insulting" because i told one user to "eat Snickers", meanwhile user next to me called Dev's idiots and got away with it clearly, because their posts wasn't removed. At this point, you better off not saying anything sassy or silly because you might get a warning out of nowhere.

If it's true that a 3rd warning is a ban then i might be backing off from these forums too then, because who knows what i'll get a warning for. Sigh.

If people are getting warned for that I can understand why people would want to stay away from the forums.
    GretaSherriImaizumi
  • GretaGreta
    edited August 8, 2018
    Yeah, just better off not expressing your opinion too much and avoid controversial topics and you are good to go. Sadly, i like to express opinion sometimes and i like being sassy since i think it's funny, but some people seem to mistake this as being rude and annoying so a lot of misunderstandings happen like these two warnings i got and VFM's aren't cooperative either.
    Sherri
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    While on the topic of this, can we get the little devcat face that shows up beside thread names REMOVED for VFMs? I see no reason it needs to be there, as they can't say anything official and it's incredibly misleading. Newer people will assume they're staff, which is false.
    Sherri