Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Halloween Event HS props

Comments

• ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    I wonder if they changed the dimensions after it initially came out? o.o like if I were to remove mine and place it back I wonder if it'll change dimensions. I don't think I wanna test that now.... lol
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    edited October 30, 2017
    Sherri wrote: »
    Okay.. that is weird.. I'm guessing you already tried rotating it..

Thanks, you've helped me realise the dumbest thing about these treehouses. Even dumber than not being able to sit in the swing.

Out of its four orientations, two have an "extra row" on the front and two don't.

So for everyone who wants to do this amazing flagstone ladder design: Your treehouse must face either north or south.

ybbWJ.png

Treehouses that face east or west are placed further back on their 9x10 grid and have an extra empty row in front.

ybbYl.png

The default orientation of the treehouse faces east and given the position of the ladder, this might be the "intended" positioning of the treehouse on its grid. Let's just hope Nexon doesn't decide that the north/south orientation is a bug to be fixed (if you look closely, the "empty row" is on the back instead of the front, which doesn't make sense because nothing can go there).
    SherriArjuneWolfandWolfSphyra21Kokoro
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Reminds me of the glitchy bamboo fences. Depending on how they are rotated, they add an extra space. -_-
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    edited October 30, 2017
    Reminds me of the glitchy bamboo fences. Depending on how they are rotated, they add an extra space. -_-

I never realized that some HS items did this. It's no wonder....And actually kind of weird. You would think the slots would match rotation with the item. But I do love being able to put stuff under my ladder...
    Eralea wrote: »

Thanks, you've helped me realise the dumbest thing about these treehouses. Even dumber than not being able to sit in the swing.
    Yeah seriously why can't we swing....
    Sherri
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    Need a functioning HS Swing!!! lol
    WolfandWolfSherri
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Okay.. that is weird.. I'm guessing you already tried rotating it..

Out of its four orientations, two have an "extra row" on the front and two don't.

So for everyone who wants to do this amazing flagstone ladder design: Your treehouse must face either north or south.

ybbWJ.png

Treehouses that face east or west are placed further back on their 9x10 grid and have an extra empty row in front.

ybbYl.png

The default orientation of the treehouse faces east and given the position of the ladder, this might be the "intended" positioning of the treehouse on its grid. Let's just hope Nexon doesn't decide that the north/south orientation is a bug to be fixed (if you look closely, the "empty row" is on the back instead of the front, which doesn't make sense because nothing can go there).

RIP my whole layout does not face that. ****!
  • EraleaEralea
    Gaea wrote: »

You know what you have to do now.

Rotate your entire homestead.

(For real tho I wish they'd add a Rotate Entire Homestead button because I've been wanting to turn my north-facing homestead to a south-facing homestead for years now but there are way too many things in it qq)
    Sphyra21
  • SherriSherri
    I'd suggest that you just find some time and not just rotate everything, but move stuff around. Make your HS look fresh. That's what I tend to do often.
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    edited October 31, 2017
    So glad my treehouse alrdy faces south. Had to check to know though. Funny thing is just recently I wanted to rotate everything (and really wanted a "rotate HS button" 140+ trees can be a pain to move ya know) and if I had rotated everything my treehouse would've been facing East.

Now if we could get more HS levels WITH expansions, more products and tools as well *cough* carpentry bench *cough cough*
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    I just want a way to get expansions for free after level 14. It's stupid how it's not an added feature but another money grab. -_-
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    I didn't pay attention.

But where did you get the figures?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Gaea wrote: »

(For real tho I wish they'd add a Rotate Entire Homestead button because I've been wanting to turn my north-facing homestead to a south-facing homestead for years now but there are way too many things in it qq)

You know how much stuff is in there? It would take me hours, potentially a whole day!
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335

Rotate the entire homestead? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH NO PLEASE..
    Mine is expanded with all the 3 expansions past the lvl 14 (min. required to use them) and it took me so much to actually finish my homestead that it would be a real hassle
    5eyj2tP.png

I need to button you mentioned, it would make everything easier. Well, a more easier way would be to make devcat fix the issues about hs prop rotation, since it shouldn't be a feature; but who can I fool? They won't do it, it's a miracle they actually go and fix something, after years and years.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mine's full of carefully-rotated flowers.
    ybYVq.png

It's the re-positioning and re-rotating part I'm dreading lol.

If the homestead expansions ever go on sale (blackfridayplsplspls) I'll expand mine before undertaking that south-facing rotation project.

I don't actually want them to fix the treehouse positioning because I have a suspicion they'll "fix" it in the way we don't want them to... the extra row is obviously meant to be for the ladder.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    TNinja wrote: »
    I didn't pay attention.

But where did you get the figures?

Halloween Pumpkin Box
    WolfandWolf
  • InsaneOasisInsaneOasis
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,250
    Okay, I am absolutely in love with the gnarled trees. They are big (5x5), beautiful, AND LOOK AT THE CUTE LITTLE OWL FRIEND
    giphy.gif
    Welp, looks like I'll have to redo my entire enchanted forest to slap a few of these bad boys in.
    SherriSphyra21Kokoro
  • InsaneOasisInsaneOasis
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,250
    @NekoLily this is quite possibly a ridiculous question, but how did you pan out so far from your homestead for that screenshot? No matter what I do, I can never pan out far enough to get an entire shot of my hs.

Btw, your hs looks awesome! I love how you placed the lanterns. :)
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    ybYVq.png

If the homestead expansions ever go on sale (blackfridayplsplspls) I'll expand mine before undertaking that south-facing rotation project.

I don't actually want them to fix the treehouse positioning because I have a suspicion they'll "fix" it in the way we don't want them to... the extra row is obviously meant to be for the ladder.

Hey I was curious, but what is the thing that looks like ice cream with a pumpkin on top? I see two by your house and one next to your food kiosk.
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    @NekoLily this is quite possibly a ridiculous question, but how did you pan out so far from your homestead for that screenshot? No matter what I do, I can never pan out far enough to get an entire shot of my hs.

Btw, your hs looks awesome! I love how you placed the lanterns. :)

Click on "Screenshot" from the left menù, use the up arrow to go up and use the right click on the mouse to move the homestead and fit inside the window :3
    WolfandWolfInsaneOasis
  • SherriSherri
    edited November 4, 2017
    ybYVq.png

Hey I was curious, but what is the thing that looks like ice cream with a pumpkin on top? I see two by your house and one next to your food kiosk.

New Years Rice Cake, This delicious looking treat. :)
    IMO, it was a cute event (though it was an AFK event) and I hope it comes back, maybe with some more goodies to get? :)
    WolfandWolf