Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The Desire Sensor

Comments

• SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
    TtheHero wrote: »
    Maybe this'd be a non-issue if they doled out all of them too each player in one go instead of one at random. But for all we know they'll probably release them all in some other event, or worse, a gachapon.

Rather have it in an event where we can get them instead of only the whales getting them all.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    Sherri wrote: »
    Maybe this'd be a non-issue if they doled out all of them too each player in one go instead of one at random. But for all we know they'll probably release them all in some other event, or worse, a gachapon.

Rather have it in an event where we can get them instead of only the whales getting them all.

So making a FREE account on a FREE game now equals being a whale?
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited October 29, 2017
    @Rhey 30 alts? Jeez, you sure must be....Dai-ing to have that transformation, huh? :D
    RheyVeylaineLeinei
  • SherriSherri
    FayeKaiba wrote: »

So making a FREE account on a FREE game now equals being a whale?

Rather have it in an event where we can get them instead of only the whales getting them all (gachapon).
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    @Rhey 30 alts? Jeez, you sure must be....Dai-ing to have that transformation, huh? :D

Oh you.

giphy.gif
    Wow.
    Get a life dude.

Already tried it. The mushroom is a lie.

tumblr_o3oyt6uZvy1udh5n8o1_500.gif
    BlissfulkillFayeKaibaSherriVeylaineCrimsọnVimiPolicroma
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Sai wrote: »
    I just wouldn't make a bunch of accounts just to get event items. This happen once before during that Hamlet Delegation event. They ended up making items untradable and I believe people who made tons of accounts on the same day got banned?

Not to mention they cut that event short by two/three weeks because of the abuse. Granted that abuse was more widespread than Rhey doing what Rhey does best and wasn't for pure fashion. Though I guess the same reasoning could be applied to reforge hot times.
    Sherri
  • RheyRhey
    edited October 30, 2017
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Sai wrote: »
    I just wouldn't make a bunch of accounts just to get event items. This happen once before during that Hamlet Delegation event. They ended up making items untradable and I believe people who made tons of accounts on the same day got banned?

Not to mention they cut that event short by two/three weeks because of the abuse. Granted that abuse was more widespread than Rhey doing what Rhey does best and wasn't for pure fashion. Though I guess the same reasoning could be applied to reforge hot times.

I don't remember that event. What happened? I wasn't around must of been during my hiatus. :o
  • SherriSherri
    Heck, I wasn't even around back then haha
    Though I'm curious too what happened and why can't they do a mass ban to all the bots
    I'm sick of them spamming VISIT GOLD.SCAM. COM. FREE-VIRUS
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    edited October 30, 2017
    Greta wrote: »
    Freaking 30 alts? That means you have 30 accounts??? Which means you are going against Nexon ToS... They only let you have max 5 Nexon accounts...

Players like Rhey are the ones who get huge profit from only logging in at Hot Times from their all alts. Seen some Alexina Personal Shops like that. As example, some guy is selling 10 Tia and Fez Bags in shops for 2m each or someone actually had a 8x8 shopping bag selling only Direct Instrument and Cloth dyes which came from 9th Anniversary Hot Time Event... For freaking 600-800k each... Not funny though.

I better not tell you how many alts I have. :trollface:
    jjeremy wrote: »
    Wait... Am I...? Am I one of your alts?
    My life is a lie :'(

WARNING: Alt has become self aware! SHUT IT DOWN NOW!
    Sherri
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Rhey wrote: »
    I don't remember that event. What happened? I wasn't around must of been during my hiatus. :o

When Hamlet hit our region they had an event where you would walk up to three NPCes daily to get 3 gacha boxes. This was back before they had main character assignments, so you could do this on each of your characters. The boxes had hebona robes and dragon swords back in a time where they were considered meta for damage, so alt accounts were made in the hundreds. End result was the event got cut to 7 days, and from what I recall the abuse notice went up one day after the event started so it got bad really freaking quick.
    Event wiki page with the drop lists
    Though I'm curious too what happened and why can't they do a mass ban to all the bots

They do ban them. The issue is that they make new accounts too quickly and with little resistance.
    RheySherri
  • RheyRhey
    edited October 30, 2017

When Hamlet hit our region they had an event where you would walk up to three NPCes daily to get 3 gacha boxes. This was back before they had main character assignments, so you could do this on each of your characters. The boxes had hebona robes and dragon swords back in a time where they were considered meta for damage, so alt accounts were made in the hundreds. End result was the event got cut to 7 days, and from what I recall the abuse notice went up one day after the event started so it got bad really freaking quick.
    Event wiki page with the drop lists

I-I-I see...

94bcc323cf6d36a1898e2f3e1d07b02af2944a74_hq.gif

People will always find the grey areas of an event & maximize on it. Sure shut it down if U don't like it but it feels kind of whimsical 2 ban people for it as well imo. :o
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    It's a futile endless game when it comes to bots. It becomes tiresome so there are times when they just leave it alone. Because as soon as the botter notices a bot has been banned they already have another to replace it. Happens almost instantly.
    Sherri
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    People will always find the grey areas of an event & maximize on it. Sure shut it down if U don't like it but it feels kind of whimsical 2 ban people for it as well imo. :o

There's a difference between your 30 alts, and some people I knew at the time's 300. Nexon NA has a tipping point on that sort of stuff. It's just a matter of how often people get close to it and when.
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400

They do ban them. The issue is that they make new accounts too quickly and with little resistance.

Makes me wonder. If they didn't ban them then they wouldn't need to make new characters. If they don't make new characters then I wouldn't need to constantly blacklist new bots.
    WolfandWolf
  • RheyRhey
    edited October 30, 2017

There's a difference between your 30 alts, and some people I knew at the time's 300. Nexon NA has a tipping point on that sort of stuff. It's just a matter of how often people get close to it and when.

Hmm...then Nexon shuld just disclosed that tipping point 2 make it clear cut black and white and not leave it as grey areas tbh. I wouldn't want 2 login and see a Random ban that just leaves me confused as heck just cuz they don't like me maximizing on a grey areas of an event. :o

It'd be a bad PR move + create a slippery slope precedent. :*

Tho I agree that 300 is...quite the excess. It'd take a whole day just to log on all 300 of em. lel. :p
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited October 30, 2017

Hmm...then Nexon shuld just disclosed that tipping point 2 make it clear cut black and white and not leave it as grey areas tbh. I wouldn't want 2 login and see a Random ban that just leaves me confused as heck just cuz they don't like me maximizing on a grey areas of an event. :o

Tho I agree that 300 is...quite the excess. It'd take a whole day just to log on all 300 of em. lel. :p

Look, be reasonable. You really shouldn't be alting at all. Whether it's 5 or 30, you have an unfair advantage over other players who play legitimately.

Also you should not of mentioned you have any alts in the first place. The GM's do read these forums and they can ban you based on the information you posted. Someone could be reporting you right now and the GM's would be able to trace your IP to each and every login of those accounts. Not to mention be able to look up what account and character is receiving all those items.

Don't believe me? I was banned for 5 years for being an asshat in the forums when I was younger. "Promotion of hacking" was the official reason. But I can tell you, I did waaaaaay more than that. I am extremely fortunate and thankful that I was able to have it lifted. They considered it time served based on the length of the ban.

You might not even get that reprieve. Is all this worth it?
    SherriGreta
  • SherriSherri
    edited October 30, 2017

Oh please, don't give me that.
    They knew what they were getting, but they did so anyway.
    Greta
  • RheyRhey
    edited October 30, 2017
    Gaea wrote: »

Look, be reasonable. You really shouldn't be alting at all. Whether it's 5 or 30, you have an unfair advantage over other players who play legitimately.

Also you should not of mentioned you have any alts in the first place. The GM's do read these forums and they can ban you based on the information you posted. Someone could be reporting you right now and the GM's would be able to trace your IP to each and every login of those accounts. Not to mention be able to look up what account and character is receiving all those items.

Don't believe me? I was banned for 5 years for being an asshat in the forums when I was younger. "Promotion of hacking" was the official reason. But I can tell you, I did waaaaaay more than that. I am extremely fortunate and thankful that I was able to have it lifted. They considered it time served based on the length of the ban.

You might not even get that reprieve. Is all this worth it?

To be fair,

If alts were such a no-no the game shouldn't be handling out 5 of em to starters as gifts nor selling em in the cs. :p

on a belated note, asking people U know to log in & gift you their hot time items since they don't actively play anymore is part of that grey area as well. :o

I like 2 dabble in the grey areas to maximize things I want but where Nexon draws the line I try my best 2 not cross. But I need 2 know it b4 hand not after the fact. My gold and my goods comes from the same legitimate sources as everyone else who play with a clean client. :*

Blood, sweat, and tears. Oh and my wallet. ;)

tenor.gif
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900

Makes me wonder. If they didn't ban them then they wouldn't need to make new characters. If they don't make new characters then I wouldn't need to constantly blacklist new bots.

Yeah I know bots need to be banned, but it is getting tiring to keep blacklisting new ones every time I want to go to the shopping channel. :/

Speaking of....I haven't seen those filthy forum bots. I so hope they gave up, because it would be fantastic to never see one of those ever again. \o/
  • SherriSherri

Yeah I know bots need to be banned, but it is getting tiring to keep blacklisting new ones every time I want to go to the shopping channel. :/

Speaking of....I haven't seen those filthy forum bots. I so hope they gave up, because it would be fantastic to never see one of those ever again. \o/

They implemented a new first-post-approval system so they won't be back xP i hope
    WolfandWolf