Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The Desire Sensor

Comments

• FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    I like how this innocent thread about someone asking for help turned into a people bringing up botting and banning. How dark have people honestly fallen?
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    I like how this innocent thread about someone asking for help turned into a people bringing up botting and banning. How dark have people honestly fallen?

You're kidding.. right?
    Greta
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    Sherri wrote: »

You're kidding.. right?

No, I'm really not. He asked for help and even after he got what he wanted people still decided to post all the negative, find a way to bring up botting, banning, hacking and stuff. It seems people just want to find any opportunity to bring negative topics into a thread that had nothing to do with said topics. It's like someone asking a question about Pokemon and having people come in and talking about overwatch.
    Sherri
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    edited October 30, 2017
    jjeremy wrote: »
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Heck, I wasn't even around back then haha
    Though I'm curious too what happened and why can't they do a mass ban to all the bots
    I'm sick of them spamming VISIT GOLD.SCAM. COM. FREE-VIRUS

They do ban them. The issue is that they make new accounts too quickly and with little resistance.

Makes me wonder. If they didn't ban them then they wouldn't need to make new characters. If they don't make new characters then I wouldn't need to constantly blacklist new bots.

Yeah I know bots need to be banned, but it is getting tiring to keep blacklisting new ones every time I want to go to the shopping channel. :/

Speaking of....I haven't seen those filthy forum bots. I so hope they gave up, because it would be fantastic to never see one of those ever again. \o/

They implemented a new first-post-approval system so they won't be back xP i hope

Oh thank goodness! And about time too! No longer must we suffer through pages upon pages of scammer dirt trying to attract our attention! I am SO happy to hear this news!!!

You're kidding.. right?

No, I'm really not. He asked for help and even after he got what he wanted people still decided to post all the negative, find a way to bring up botting, banning, hacking and stuff. It seems people just want to find any opportunity to bring negative topics into a thread that had nothing to do with said topics. It's like someone asking a question about Pokemon and having people come in and talking about overwatch.

Ah...looking back at the beginning, I can see how it went astray. You do raise a good point...I didn't actually think of that....
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    Rhey wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    People will always find the grey areas of an event & maximize on it. Sure shut it down if U don't like it but it feels kind of whimsical 2 ban people for it as well imo. :o

There's a difference between your 30 alts, and some people I knew at the time's 300. Nexon NA has a tipping point on that sort of stuff. It's just a matter of how often people get close to it and when.

Hmm...then Nexon shuld just disclosed that tipping point 2 make it clear cut black and white and not leave it as grey areas tbh. I wouldn't want 2 login and see a Random ban that just leaves me confused as heck just cuz they don't like me maximizing on a grey areas of an event. :o

It'd be a bad PR move + create a slippery slope precedent. :*

Tho I agree that 300 is...quite the excess. It'd take a whole day just to log on all 300 of em. lel. :p

Look, be reasonable. You really shouldn't be alting at all. Whether it's 5 or 30, you have an unfair advantage over other players who play legitimately.

Also you should not of mentioned you have any alts in the first place. The GM's do read these forums and they can ban you based on the information you posted. Someone could be reporting you right now and the GM's would be able to trace your IP to each and every login of those accounts. Not to mention be able to look up what account and character is receiving all those items.

Don't believe me? I was banned for 5 years for being an asshat in the forums when I was younger. "Promotion of hacking" was the official reason. But I can tell you, I did waaaaaay more than that. I am extremely fortunate and thankful that I was able to have it lifted. They considered it time served based on the length of the ban.

You might not even get that reprieve. Is all this worth it?

To be fair,

If alts were such a no-no the game shouldn't be handling out 5 of em to starters as gifts nor selling em in the cs. :p

on a belated note, asking people U know to log in & gift you their hot time items since they don't actively play anymore is part of that grey area as well. :o

I like 2 dabble in the grey areas to maximize things I want but where Nexon draws the line I try my best 2 not cross. But I need 2 know it b4 hand not after the fact. My gold and my goods comes from the same legitimate sources as everyone else who play with a clean client. :*

Blood, sweat, and tears. Oh and my wallet. ;)

tenor.gif

Don't bull**** me. You're also not supposed to be logging into other players accounts. I highly HIGHLY doubt 30 players would share their login information with you because they don't play anymore. Holy ****. LOL.

SherriGreta
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited October 31, 2017
    Don't bull**** me. You're also not supposed to be logging into other players accounts. I highly HIGHLY doubt 30 players would share their login information with you because they don't play anymore. Holy ****. LOL.

I'm on Gaea's side here. There's no excuse as "i just wanted medals for my collection", "This is my friends accounts". Because in the end, you are going to abuse the limits of how much rewards you are supposed to have and probably you are going to sell the extras and get profit for just logging in multiple times on different accounts.
    IyasenuSherriCrimsọnBuffalos
  • SherriSherri
    Greta wrote: »

I'm on Gaea's side here. There's no excuse as "i just wanted medals for my collection", "This is my friends accounts". Because in the end, you are going to abuse the limits of how much rewards you are supposed to have and probably you are going to sell the extras and get profit for just logging in multiple times on different accounts.

Same here. I really don't appreciate people abusing rewards and then selling them, spiting those who have no choice but to search the markets.
    Honestly, they should of just given us one of each. -_-
    GretaCrimsọnBuffalos
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited October 31, 2017
    Same here. I really don't appreciate people abusing rewards and then selling them, spiting those who have no choice but to search the markets.
    Honestly, they should of just given us one of each. -_-

it might seem annoying, but think of it this way .... would there even be as many on the market for you to even get if people didn't do what Rhey does? No. you'd be stuck with your 1 medal and then fighting over the few that people decide to sell instead of use. same goes for the Fez and Tia bags... most people that got one kept it. Mainly the people that got multiple can sell them or gift them to those who missed it. Would you rather miss a 10 x 10 bag completely or pay out 2 mil for one? It's a lot better than the 15- 20m that a 10 x 10 devcat bag used to cost... and there would be very few on the market right now if not for people like Rhey...and the ones that were for sale would likely be a lot more than 2 mil because supply and demand. Yes they could have given us the entire set of medals. it would have been nice and not made people feel the need to try extra accounts, but there's other rewards that would be really hard to find if you happened to miss it. That's where people like Rhey are actually helpful even if it seems like greed to you

RheyCarlize
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited October 31, 2017

I don't have their acc info nor do I need to. We live in the age of Social media. There is more than one way to keep contacts and ask them 2 log in themselves to send their hot time items ur way besides ur mabi Ingame friendlist U know.

Don't trigger urself over a grey area. Calm down.

tysonreaction.gif

And...
    Arjune wrote: »

it might seem annoying, but think of it this way .... would there even be as many on the market for you to even get if people didn't do what Rhey does? No. you'd be stuck with your 1 medal and then fighting over the few that people decide to sell instead of use. same goes for the Fez and Tia bags... most people that got one kept it. Mainly the people that got multiple can sell them or gift them to those who missed it. Would you rather miss a 10 x 10 bag completely or pay out 2 mil for one? It's a lot better than the 15- 20m that a 10 x 10 devcat bag used to cost... and there would be very few on the market right now if not for people like Rhey...and the ones that were for sale would likely be a lot more than 2 mil because supply and demand. Yes they could have given us the entire set of medals. it would have been nice and not made people feel the need to try extra accounts, but there's other rewards that would be really hard to find if you happened to miss it. That's where people like Rhey are actually helpful even if it seems like greed to you

giphy.gif
  • ApologistApologist
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,205
    edited October 31, 2017
    I went ahead and scan the TOS to see if OP broke anything but he didn't. There is a fine print that say gifted items and NX are exempt and allowed. And only sharing account info is not allowed which OP isn't doing. Nothing on limitation of personal Alt acc either.

By the look of things here...people seem to be mad because Op has a better pool of friends than themselves that he can take advantage of legally.
    Rhey
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited October 31, 2017

I don't have their acc info nor do I need to. We live in the age of Social media. There is more than one way to keep contacts and ask them 2 log in themselves to send their hot time items ur way besides ur mabi Ingame friendlist U know.

Don't trigger urself over a grey area. Calm down.

tysonreaction.gif

And...

giphy.gif
    Apologist wrote: »
    I went ahead and scan the TOS to see if OP broke anything but he didn't. There is a fine print that say gifted items and NX are exempt and allowed. And only sharing account info is not allowed which OP isn't doing. Nothing on limitation of personal Alt acc either.

By the look of things here...people seem to be mad because Op has a better pool of friends than themselves that he can take advantage of legally.

84e9a7cef36a59ae605fad98c7ac567841be388820bf3fb936fd21b646a1d605.gif

I am done. Smh. Godspeed.
    Sherri
  • RheyRhey
    edited October 31, 2017

Sure. We'll just have to agree 2 disagree on these grey areas matter.

op.gif.6bad07ddc75d7a80ec6415824f81babd.gif
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited October 31, 2017

Sure. We'll just have to agree 2 disagree on these grey areas matter.

op.gif.6bad07ddc75d7a80ec6415824f81babd.gif

There's no grey area. Have fun while you can. Good night sweet prince. That was something that was posted to these forums before I was banned from this game.

Again Godspeed.
    Sherri
  • RheyRhey

There's no grey area. Have fun while you can. Good night sweet prince. .

It is a grey area. I didn't violate any COC nor TOS. :*

Guess I'll cya around in the...morning(?) :o
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited October 31, 2017

There's no grey area. Have fun while you can. Good night sweet prince. .

It is a grey area. I didn't violate any COC nor TOS. :*

Guess I'll cya around in the...morning(?) :o

Goodnight sweet prince.
    Sherri
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795

In instances like that, sure it's helpful to the entire market. But hot times don't normally have a random gift aspect to them: most of them have been one item guaranteed per day per account. If you think back a while ago, there were a series of hot time rewards that granted upgrade protection stones, reforges, enchant and repair protections. Do you seriously think someone with access to a vast number of accounts would hop on for those hot times just to sell extras?
    I personally don't care how Rhey does this grey area stuff, but not everyone around here is going to take it lightly when people like Rhey get 30+ free items per hot day that equate to over 200,000 NX in value if bought.
    SherriGreta
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    edited October 31, 2017

In instances like that, sure it's helpful to the entire market. But hot times don't normally have a random gift aspect to them: most of them have been one item guaranteed per day per account. If you think back a while ago, there were a series of hot time rewards that granted upgrade protection stones, reforges, enchant and repair protections. Do you seriously think someone with access to a vast number of accounts would hop on for those hot times just to sell extras?
    I personally don't care how Rhey does this grey area stuff, but not everyone around here is going to take it lightly when people like Rhey get 30+ free items per hot day that equate to over 200,000 NX in value if bought.

I don't think some of that stuff can be traded though. People like Rhey wouldn't be able to trade something like protection stones back to their main account. And I imagine protection stones wouldn't be much use on an alt, so it wouldn't do anything? You'd have to toss them, because there would be no way to trade the stone and no way to trade the item (that needs the stone) without buying a trading pot. It's probably the reason why Nexon gives us untradeable rewards for a lot of events.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    I don't think some of that stuff can be traded though. People like Rhey wouldn't be able to trade something like protection stones back to their main account. And I imagine protection stones wouldn't be much use on an alt, so it wouldn't do anything? You'd have to toss them, because there would be no way to trade the stone and no way to trade the item (that needs the stone) without buying a trading pot. It's probably the reason why Nexon gives us untradeable rewards for a lot of events.

Enter trade unlock potions as a hot day reward.
  • SherriSherri

Enter trade unlock potions as a hot day reward.

Yeah, I've noticed trade potions being given out in hot days and available through events.
  • ApologistApologist
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,205
    Let's be logical here. Seems like this is just jealousy as this carry on. If Op isn't breaking anything legally and his buddies wanna make him 200k NX richer by gifting it so be it. Why are we up and arm about it?

Sure I envy the thought but whatever OP does with gifts are up to him.
    RheyCarlize