Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Do ya think Nascent Divinity is weak?

Comments

• GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    IAAW wrote: »
    something of note. the new C7 Apocalypse Arc has just begun in Korea. and will no doubt be atleast 3 Gens long. and it most likely requires all previous Generations to be completed INCLUDING G19-21. so its not out of the question that C7 will Add on to it. since it may even play a large role in the generation if it does require all precious chapters and generations to be completed.

Last I checked C7 just requires 5k total level, so I'm not aware of any other requirements.

EDIT: On the topic of C7 though, traits will probably help in regards to Nascent Divinity's survivability, same as how R-type upgraded weapons help with Divine Blast's critical damage. Part of me is wanting Nexon NA to name the traits after arcana however; mostly as an excuse to name Time Distortion as The World.

TOKI WO TOMARE!!!!! ZA WORLDO!! WRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! At this point I need a giant cosplaying as Dio in my life. It just has to happen.
  • XafnirXafnir
    Mabinogi Rep: 720
    Ok first off, let me clear some things for the people here that think this divinity is the culmination of all your powers: it's not exactly true but not false either.
    If you read it's description, it says the following:
    Many powers swirl within you: the righteousness that comes from justice, the blessings of the gods, even Aton Cimeni's original Divine Light. You've learned to harmonize and control these powers, including power from another world, forming an all-new divinity. But since this transformation is powered by an otherworldly essence that clashes with the pure power of Erinn, you can only maintain the transformation for limited periods when in combat. While this transformation is maintained, you'll have access to new skills alongside your Alban Knight Crusader skills, though they'll be fueled by a different, otherworldly source,

While i agree it says you learn harmonize the powers, from what i see, it never states that you actually use them, all it said is that you created a new divinity from harmonizing them but the powers you actually have are of a divine nature, unlike the transformations (powered by the spirits) or the tainted Demigod powered by the lower tier gods (tainted because you are not a pure divine being and not even a resident of Erinn).

Now to expand from what Aquasol said, the trans is called "nascent" which you can also interpret as: "in the process of creation" / "In the process of being born" which means that the trans will get new things added to it, that i'm most certain of because we know that the involvement of the otherworldly gods is not "as present" as before, the fact we can transform shows that there is still contact with them in Erinn and that means that the idea of different dimension gods was not scrapped as far as we know (I personally still hold hope of a different dimension explorable area with us weaker as our Eirinn powers are weaker there just like the otherworldly gods's powers were weaker in Erinn)

To clear up a few things:
    1. The divinity gets the bonus of red upgrade crit damage (tested and it's true)
    2. The divinity also gets the def, prot, mdef, mprot from what the char has equipped and you can even change weapon slots WHILE transformed to accommodate the situation
    3. Soul link can still be used and it boosts the suitability of the trans by a massive margin
    4. Any equipment set effects or bonuses still affect the end transformation
    5. Just like Demigod, your current title affects the trans (obviously since we have the extra trans time title) which ca expand play styles
    6. Shield mastery and shield passive bonuses apply while transformed, so does the armor masteries making the trans able to take a beating from middle game mobs (I for example get hit 1 dmg by Sasquatches and i'm just a mid-game player)
    7. As most of us already know, in C7 we get some pasive skills that could make the divinity trans extremely useful in terms of survivability (check the thread on this in the forums)

As people pointed out about C7, i don't exactly know the story in any great detail but i can write down what I think is happening and why i think this trans is going to get buffed in C7. (Note that i have no proof of this and is purely speculation on my part based on story and lore)
    As we know, the next chapter is going to go back and focus on the fomorian war and all of that and we all know the main bad guy will be Fir Bolg. He was killed in the first war of Mag Tuireadh when he fought against king Nuadha. At that point Cichol did not really interfere with the war even though he was the god of the fomors and after Fir Bolg died, Cichol took charge of them. As we know, so far we know of the existence of quite many Mid tier gods but we have yet to ever meet any which changes in C7 ass we meet our first mid tier god. From this i draw my conclusion this way: We need the help of a MID TIER GOD to beat Fir Bolg, something we never needed in any of the previous generations meaning this guy was somehow resurrected on steroids and fed with pure essence of death and destruction ;) While again, i have no proof or official info of the following, I personally think Fir Bolg is helped by otherworldly gods (or maybe Cichol, we won't know till we get the gen) but if this is true, it would explain the power boost from the first war till now. Also let's not forget there's Morrighan, Cichol and Nuadha working behind the scenes. (Yes i said Nuadha)

"After the Milletian and Morrighan leave, Cichol appears, saying he and Nuadha have not seen each other in a long time." - G12 end
    "Depending on the choices made throughout Generation 16, Nuadha's appearance in Falias at the end of the credits varies; he seems to be talking to Cichol as Morrighan approaches." - G16 ending

I personally think these 3 are up to something with Nuadha in the middle. Nuadha stole the power of the throne of Falias and is effectively (probably) equivalent to a mid tier god and it's stated that his desire is to overthrow Atom Cimeni and what better way to do so if not with interference of gods from another realm that are not bound by Atom Cimeni's power? hence why I think this whole divinity path is gonna get massive expansions

CrimsọnBronzebreak
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Xafnir wrote: »
    Ok first off, let me clear some things for the people here that think this divinity is the culmination of all your powers: it's not exactly true but not false either.
    If you read it's description, it says the following:
    Many powers swirl within you: the righteousness that comes from justice, the blessings of the gods, even Aton Cimeni's original Divine Light. You've learned to harmonize and control these powers, including power from another world, forming an all-new divinity. But since this transformation is powered by an otherworldly essence that clashes with the pure power of Erinn, you can only maintain the transformation for limited periods when in combat. While this transformation is maintained, you'll have access to new skills alongside your Alban Knight Crusader skills, though they'll be fueled by a different, otherworldly source,

While i agree it says you learn harmonize the powers, from what i see, it never states that you actually use them, all it said is that you created a new divinity from harmonizing them but the powers you actually have are of a divine nature, unlike the transformations (powered by the spirits) or the tainted Demigod powered by the lower tier gods (tainted because you are not a pure divine being and not even a resident of Erinn).

Now to expand from what Aquasol said, the trans is called "nascent" which you can also interpret as: "in the process of creation" / "In the process of being born" which means that the trans will get new things added to it, that i'm most certain of because we know that the involvement of the otherworldly gods is not "as present" as before, the fact we can transform shows that there is still contact with them in Erinn and that means that the idea of different dimension gods was not scrapped as far as we know (I personally still hold hope of a different dimension explorable area with us weaker as our Eirinn powers are weaker there just like the otherworldly gods's powers were weaker in Erinn)

To clear up a few things:
    1. The divinity gets the bonus of red upgrade crit damage (tested and it's true)
    2. The divinity also gets the def, prot, mdef, mprot from what the char has equipped and you can even change weapon slots WHILE transformed to accommodate the situation
    3. Soul link can still be used and it boosts the suitability of the trans by a massive margin
    4. Any equipment set effects or bonuses still affect the end transformation
    5. Just like Demigod, your current title affects the trans (obviously since we have the extra trans time title) which ca expand play styles
    6. Shield mastery and shield passive bonuses apply while transformed, so does the armor masteries making the trans able to take a beating from middle game mobs (I for example get hit 1 dmg by Sasquatches and i'm just a mid-game player)
    7. As most of us already know, in C7 we get some pasive skills that could make the divinity trans extremely useful in terms of survivability (check the thread on this in the forums)

As people pointed out about C7, i don't exactly know the story in any great detail but i can write down what I think is happening and why i think this trans is going to get buffed in C7. (Note that i have no proof of this and is purely speculation on my part based on story and lore)
    As we know, the next chapter is going to go back and focus on the fomorian war and all of that and we all know the main bad guy will be Fir Bolg. He was killed in the first war of Mag Tuireadh when he fought against king Nuadha. At that point Cichol did not really interfere with the war even though he was the god of the fomors and after Fir Bolg died, Cichol took charge of them. As we know, so far we know of the existence of quite many Mid tier gods but we have yet to ever meet any which changes in C7 ass we meet our first mid tier god. From this i draw my conclusion this way: We need the help of a MID TIER GOD to beat Fir Bolg, something we never needed in any of the previous generations meaning this guy was somehow resurrected on steroids and fed with pure essence of death and destruction ;) While again, i have no proof or official info of the following, I personally think Fir Bolg is helped by otherworldly gods (or maybe Cichol, we won't know till we get the gen) but if this is true, it would explain the power boost from the first war till now. Also let's not forget there's Morrighan, Cichol and Nuadha working behind the scenes. (Yes i said Nuadha)

"After the Milletian and Morrighan leave, Cichol appears, saying he and Nuadha have not seen each other in a long time." - G12 end
    "Depending on the choices made throughout Generation 16, Nuadha's appearance in Falias at the end of the credits varies; he seems to be talking to Cichol as Morrighan approaches." - G16 ending

I personally think these 3 are up to something with Nuadha in the middle. Nuadha stole the power of the throne of Falias and is effectively (probably) equivalent to a mid tier god and it's stated that his desire is to overthrow Atom Cimeni and what better way to do so if not with interference of gods from another realm that are not bound by Atom Cimeni's power? hence why I think this whole divinity path is gonna get massive expansions

A bit more information on the lore and gods in general.
    For those unaware, a mid-tier god, (tier 2 in this case), are beings stronger than even Macha. Luckily these beings are usually benevolent and do not interfere with mortal life. They are also unkillable by anything in Erinn as demonstrated by Nuadha when he absorbed some power from Aton. The fact that something this powerful is involved means that some serious fudge is about to hit the fan. I'm interested to see if this is another alternate world where the Tuans actually lost the war with the Fomors.
    Xafnir