Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

So who is going to change their name?

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Ferynn wrote: »
    Maybe now everyone will get rid of all of their Naruto-numberspam names.

Or Kirito*random numbers here*
    WolfsingerDarkpixie99Sherri
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    Finally, I can get rid of my name DMT and drug addicts will stop bothering me. Blame my younger self for using initials as a name.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited May 27, 2019
    Hinotama wrote: »
    Finally, I can get rid of my name DMT and drug addicts will stop bothering me. Blame my younger self for using initials as a name.

Are you going to rename yourself to Molly? XD
    Helsa
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    Gaea wrote: »

Is that a joke? No. I wouldn't name myself that.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

Is that a joke? No. I wouldn't name myself that.

What about MDMA? ;)
    Helsa
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    orcabluewa wrote: »
    If you change your name do you then lose all your exp ,skills or items?

Yes you will lose absolutely everything.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Gaby5011 wrote: »
    orcabluewa wrote: »
    If you change your name do you then lose all your exp ,skills or items?

Yes you will lose absolutely everything.

C'mon don't be a Pan. 9dnGeIh.png
    LeineiWolfsingerSherriHelsa
  • SpareohSpareoh
    Mabinogi Rep: 780
    I'm still debating this. I'm 95% hoping that whoever is my "name twin/triplet" is inactive and I'll default get to keep the names. But if push comes to shove, only one of my names is sentimental and I'd be more than willing to change the others.
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    I'm disappointed that they didn't add the ability to put spaces in names, but the "+Severer" tag still needs to be fixed on Zennos. I think I'm just going to have to use his embarrassing full name now...and write a humorous Mabinovel about it. Something about the merge being some dimensional convergence event in-universe...
    SpareohWolfsinger
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited June 7, 2019
    Well looks like in order to fix the guild problem they are going to have to release name change coupons. That stupid plus character is screwing everything up and preventing players from joining guilds.

This is a pretty safe conclusion BECAUSE those who do not have the + are able to join guilds with no problem. Guild leaders are able to remove those without the + with no issues. So it IS the plus. There's nothing else to look into. Get rid of the + you get rid of the problem.

So the question is; WHEN are they going to get rid of the + or WHEN are they going to release name change coupons? Either of those solutions WILL work. So when? A week from now? A month?

:(
    PikangieSherriHelsa
  • PikangiePikangie
    Mabinogi Rep: 960
    edited June 9, 2019
    I definitely am changing my elf's name which was a goofy sexual innuendo starting with "Pea" (didn't think I'd end up maining this elf). Not sure to what though, I have a list of potential names, but it will depend on whether the original owners of those names still play and claim them before they go free. I was actually happy that someone else had the same name as this elf, because I really wanted to change it for a long time.

Also gonna change my main human's name from Vetur to something else, same as my elf I don't know exactly what yet.

Definitely going to try to reclaim my other human Pikachu and hoping others with the name are inactive, I mean I haven't ever seen anyone else with the name so, I'm somewhat confident I can get it back. Otherwise, I'll have to find something else yellow-themed to name him lol.

My giant's name Kohagura is fine and without the +Ruairi though, and luckily nobody else had it which I am somewhat surprised especially with this game being anime-style.
    Maia
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    Well looks like in order to fix the guild problem they are going to have to release name change coupons. That stupid plus character is screwing everything up and preventing players from joining guilds.

This is a pretty safe conclusion BECAUSE those who do not have the + are able to join guilds with no problem. Guild leaders are able to remove those without the + with no issues. So it IS the plus. There's nothing else to look into. Get rid of the + you get rid of the problem.

So the question is; WHEN are they going to get rid of the + or WHEN are they going to release name change coupons? Either of those solutions WILL work. So when? A week from now? A month?

The only question I have is, what if we can't change our name lol am I stuck forever guildless? :(
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Maia wrote: »

The only question I have is, what if we can't change our name lol am I stuck forever guildless? :(

You mean what if because of the + symbol it will cause problems with changing your name?

You know...I didn't think of that and now I am worried. :(
    Helsa
  • MaiaMaia
    edited June 9, 2019

You mean what if because of the + symbol it will cause problems with changing your name?

Oh that's true too, what if that breaks something unforeseen. Though I think if the system can add +'s to our names they should be able to remove them. I meant because seal breaker :( they won't let us change our names and if their solution to the guild problem is changing peoples names, what do I doooo. I shouldn't have left my guild ahead of the merge lol I wasn't sure when to anticipate name changes and it backfired
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited June 10, 2019
    If I decide to stay, I'll change mine. There is not a soul alive that calls me by that name anyways

Unless it doesn't happen until August(end of master plan). Too long of a wait for me!
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

Oh that's true too, what if that breaks something unforeseen. Though I think if the system can add +'s to our names they should be able to remove them. I meant because seal breaker :( they won't let us change our names and if their solution to the guild problem is changing peoples names, what do I doooo. I shouldn't have left my guild ahead of the merge lol I wasn't sure when to anticipate name changes and it backfired

Well I still have those cheapo pet lizard cards I bought. They might still come in handy if something else breaks.
    Helsa
  • MaiaMaia
    Well I still have those cheapo pet lizard cards I bought. They might still come in handy if something else breaks.

To save names? Yeah I've got beginner pet cards on my account still lol and a handful of pet whistles I don't care about.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

To save names? Yeah I've got beginner pet cards on my account still lol and a handful of pet whistles I don't care about.

Well guilds broke and we had no idea that was going to happen. I wouldn't be surprised at this point.
    Helsa
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    edited June 10, 2019
    Greta wrote: »
    RoyRed wrote: »
    Well for me, it will be ROYred; that will be my new IGN unlike my forum user one.

Only the first letter in the nickname can be capitalized. It's really dumb honestly...

I've had MMLink since '09. When was that single capital letter restriction added?
    Kouyioue wrote: »
    If I decide to stay, I'll change mine. There is not a soul alive that calls me by that name anyways

Unless it doesn't happen until August(end of master plan). Too long of a wait for me!

Well, that 16-character name event goes until July 18th, so they'll most likely come before then.
  • MaiaMaia
    Greta wrote: »
    RoyRed wrote: »
    Well for me, it will be ROYred; that will be my new IGN unlike my forum user one.

Only the first letter in the nickname can be capitalized. It's really dumb honestly...

I've had MMLink since '09. When was that single capital letter restriction added?
    Kouyioue wrote: »

Well, that 16-character name event goes until July 18th, so they'll most likely come before then.

I think they misspoke, You can make names with capital letters until you lower case a letter, then no longer.

Also with regards to the July 18th date, the 16-character name event could be a band-aid to allow somewhat unique names while they deal with the name change mechanics and such. They could unlock names, release name changes, and end the event all on the same day (since having long names is no longer necessary once the short names are unlocked). I'm hoping it comes out sooner but who knows, the 18th could be the date it's planned to come out.