Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Server Merge

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Can we have some server merge so more people can be active? I'm pretty sure Alexina don't need to be touch since it super popular but the others need to merge into one or have all the less people in that severer to be merge all together. So it can be just two server or three.

"Can we have server merge, but Alexina doesn't need it, it's popular anyway"

Lmao.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Greta wrote: »
    Can we have some server merge so more people can be active? I'm pretty sure Alexina don't need to be touch since it super popular but the others need to merge into one or have all the less people in that severer to be merge all together. So it can be just two server or three.

Lmao.

Literally everyone hating on alexina.
    I mean just read this whole thread. Nothing but hate lol
    Greta
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Opalthira wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »

Lmao.

Literally everyone hating on alexina.
    I mean just read this whole thread. Nothing but hate lol

I guess jealously is the key problem here... :D
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    How about we merge user accounts with Maple Story? Anyone with lots of progress in one game gets a roughly equivalent progress in the other game.

it's a game merge.
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    edited July 12, 2018
    How about we merge user accounts with Maple Story? Anyone with lots of progress in one game gets a roughly equivalent progress in the other game.

it's a game merge.

Well that adds a new level of complexity to something no-one even wants to touch anyway, lol.

Plus game progress is ridiculously arbitrary.
    Darkpixie99
  • Lets_do_thisLets_do_this
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    We should really just do some free advertising post videos Facebook as much as we can to get people to play mabinogi because simply merging servers is not going to revitalize the game more just delay the drop off of players but if we can get more new players to play and we support the new players it should get better this game is very unique and I've played countless MMORPGs
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited September 16, 2018
    We should really just do some free advertising post videos Facebook as much as we can to get people to play mabinogi because simply merging servers is not going to revitalize the game more just delay the drop off of players but if we can get more new players to play and we support the new players it should get better this game is very unique and I've played countless MMORPGs

You know, now that I think about it... free advertising is always a great idea.
    MMO Junkie had a "Blink and you'll miss it" poster for Mabinogi.
    A tragic fate for a collab, but it's probably something that works with whatever copyright laws JP has.
    I'm just not sure where else Nexon might post such adverts, other than official anime websites such as Funimation or Crunchyroll.
    If there was something like a giant event that's popular and new enough to land Mabinogi on Twitter gaming moments, then maybe we could see a bit of interest.
    Otherwise, we'd need an entire combat system revamp with additional setting options. (It can be rather old and clunky at times.)
    Something like a new PvP system that doesn't involve the guilds, or outdated arenas. Something with new mechanisms as well.
    Mabinogi just isn't as popular as it used to be, and gachapons continue to gather controversy or disdain.
  • bunny11bunny11
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,040
    edited September 16, 2018
    This isn't even a question. Just merge every server into one. Mabi (Erinn) is huge. with such a small population+the large size of the game world, you no longer see other players anywhere you go.

In the case of a merge, Now that there's an auction house you dont have to worry about stall space, people will just use Dunbarton and stuff alongside Belvast if they do want to stall.

in MMOs you want to meet new friends and go on fresh adventures, on Mari you only see the same dozen people and the server is so tiny that everyone knows each other on a first name basis. I like them but it doesn't make Mabinogi feel like a vibrant bustling world like it should.

At the least, merge every server besides Alexina into 1. but I think it's time to just merge ALL the servers. accept that this is a very old game with a very dedicated fanbase. Nexon can keep us and keep getting our money if they provide a good game atmosphere. Ghost towns arent a good game atmosphere.

MERGE

GWJs.gif
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Oh it's coming all right; I'm pretty sure of it. You have the auction house as you say. The guild castles are being phased out. The guild battles take place on "Channel 20". We had that thread recently "just for fun" (wink wink) about a server merge. It's coming.
    THICCthighssavelives
  • HelsaHelsa
    I just had another thought. When (I'm not gonna be subtle about it anymore) the server merge happens, they will have to adjust the formula for how commerce prices are effected by trading. With everyone on the same server those prices will drop even faster than they do on Alexina.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Helsa wrote: »
    I just had another thought. When (I'm not gonna be subtle about it anymore) the server merge happens, they will have to adjust the formula for how commerce prices are effected by trading. With everyone on the same server those prices will drop even faster than they do on Alexina.

Not if Nexon is smart enough to stabilize stock/demand.
    (I mean, considering how rigged Gachapons are, they likely will be able to balance commerce.)
    It's just a matter of if they want to make it stable, or leave it like it is for the next four to five years. (As always.)
  • HelsaHelsa

(I mean, considering how rigged Gachapons are, they likely will be able to balance commerce.)
    It's just a matter of if they want to make it stable, or leave it like it is for the next four to five years. (As always.)

How would they stabilize stock/demand so that prices will not drop even faster than they do on Alexina without adjusting the formula for how commerce prices are effected by trading?
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited September 22, 2018

How would they stabilize stock/demand so that prices will not drop even faster than they do on Alexina without adjusting the formula for how commerce prices are effected by trading?

It's called a Stock Market. Any fantasy closet nerd with a degree in commerce and trade would know the formula to answer this.
    (Basic math, only more statistical and with more math within the math.)
    Essentially, more new coding. Maybe additional commerce features as well.
    Sherri
  • HelsaHelsa

It's called a Stock Market. Any fantasy closet nerd with a degree in commerce and trade would know the formula to answer this.
    (Basic math, only more statistical and with more math within the math.)
    Essentially, more new coding. Maybe additional commerce features as well.

Isn't that basically the same thing?
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    If a merge is coming, I better keep my name without any fancy stuff added to it or someones gonna catch these hands (ง'̀-'́)ง
    GretaSherriDarkpixie99
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Sebastian wrote: »
    If a merge is coming, I better keep my name without any fancy stuff added to it or someones gonna catch these hands (ง'̀-'́)ง

If they give name priority to anyone, it might be whoever had the name first, amongst all the servers. (IE- Veteran 1st Anniversary or CBT vs 8th Anniversary.)
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    Sebastian wrote: »

If they give name priority to anyone, it might be whoever had the name first, amongst all the servers. (IE- Veteran 1st Anniversary or CBT vs 8th Anniversary.)

I agree with the suggestion of just having 'previous server' be a toggle-view stamp in the text above the character.
    Darkpixie99
  • HelsaHelsa
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    @Darkpixie99
    You don't know this. -- It's just another assumption. -- It's been talked about time and time again for 12 stinking years, and there's still no reason in the world why same name characters cannot coexist on the same server (just like equips, mobs and npcs do all day long). As stated in the previous forum, the server name can be amended to chat, guild, and on hover when holding alt; instead of stinking up the name / title line (so people know who each other are). ~ There is no reason aside from absolutely laziness to make people fight over their names. Not to mention some of us having same name characters on all of the 4 servers (like myself; Hardmuscle on all 4).

Well exactly! For all four Hardmuscles to have what would amount to be the funniest group PvP ever to occur would literally require (given four servers) adding as little as 2 bits to the size of each characters record. You're totally right, name collisions are just not gonna be a problem.
    [Deleted User]
  • HelsaHelsa
    I just had an epiphany! Here's how they'll deal with the name thing. Yes they will add a hidden field to each of our records to denote original server. Visually they'll add a coin to our title sequence representing the original server. Buda BING!
    THICCthighssavelivesDarkpixie99
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited September 24, 2018
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    @Helsa ~ Name Collisions aren't a problem; never were; never will be; because they don't exist. It would be funny to see four of me in pvp, but I would need to script an ai to control at least three of them because I am only one person. That's not the point lol. We all have unique IDs to differentiate each other on the server (the same thing applies to every other object / model in the game). We could have no names and everything would be ok. Our names are like decorations. All we need to concern ourselves with is each other knowing the difference, and that's where the server-tag location comes in. (most people prefer not to have this tag in their name line, for cosmetic reasons, but that's where it usually goes in every other server merge scenario ever known to gaming; and it's fugly and depressing).

All of this was said 5 and 10 and 11 years ago. :trollface:

and probably by me, myself. and I; LOL