Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Please explain Nexon.

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Krysi wrote: »
    If the server issues had something to do with the fires, everyone on each server would have disconnected and the login server wouldn't have stayed open.

If it did have to do with fires, they would be crashing every summer and autumn.

Of course fires had nothing to do with it. Fires could, conceivably contribute to lag but not complete lack of service. The internet was designed to keep operating, when much of it was out of commission; it is decentralised. If a connexion is broken, traffic is routed another way. If need be the traffic to the east coast or Europe could go by way of the far east or Australia and back around the world the other way.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I know this is just stating the obvious but if all but one channel is crashing in Alexina, this is extremely concerning.
    Will Nexon ever respond to whats going on? Maybe. I for one vote they won't and they'll just ninja patch it eventually. I hope I'm wrong.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Sherri wrote: »
    I know this is just stating the obvious but if all but one channel is crashing in Alexina, this is extremely concerning.
    Will Nexon ever respond to whats going on? Maybe. I for one vote they won't and they'll just ninja patch it eventually. I hope I'm wrong.

Well, there has been the unresolved case of spawns and animals failing to show up on some channels.
    SherriWolfsinger
  • HelsaHelsa
    Things seemed to have gone south at around the time the updated VIP service was introduced. How that could be related to channel stability though I can't see. Since we're being treated like mushrooms, here, my guess is that it's something embarrassing like the servers have gotten colds.
  • VenezziaofArcadiaVenezziaofArcadia
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,270
    edited November 12, 2019
    Uhhh, Nao Ch5 just crashed. All other channels are OK, but if you try to log on (or change channel to) ch5 you will be kicked to the starting splash screen and be told your connection was terminated abruptly.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Uhhh, Nao Ch5 just crashed. All other channels are OK, but if you try to log on (or change channel to) ch5 you will be kicked to the starting splash screen and be told your connection was terminated abruptly.

Channel 2 Alexina was rebooted a few hours ago. Channel 2 Alexina has been problematic for several days, including before this issue was "fixed". It really looks like the issue is with the actual individual servers themselves. It seems to me that if Nexon is essentially renting these servers, then that they can just be swapped out and let the actual third-party owner of them deal with it.
  • VenezziaofArcadiaVenezziaofArcadia
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,270

Annnd now ch7 bit the dust as well just now!
  • SakiAngelSakiAngel
    Mabinogi Rep: 455
    Is anyone else having the problem of stuff just disappearing after a channel goes under?

I had it happen last week while finishing the channel disappeared and all the boxes I fished out vanished, didn't care much. But this time I DC'ed while I was posting a plus10 Magic ATT totem(The new ones) to the AH since I didn't need it and the channel crashed again and the totem disappeared it's not in the bags or AH. This is getting ridiculous I don't plan on reporting only because I don't have proof of either and I doubt the GMs and do anything about it but if this keeps happening since the channels are all messed up I'm going to rethink coming back till this is actually fixed not so-called.
    Wolfsinger
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    SakiAngel wrote: »
    Is anyone else having the problem of stuff just disappearing after a channel goes under?

I had it happen last week while finishing the channel disappeared and all the boxes I fished out vanished, didn't care much. But this time I DC'ed while I was posting a plus10 Magic ATT totem(The new ones) to the AH since I didn't need it and the channel crashed again and the totem disappeared it's not in the bags or AH. This is getting ridiculous I don't plan on reporting only because I don't have proof of either and I doubt the GMs and do anything about it but if this keeps happening since the channels are all messed up I'm going to rethink coming back till this is actually fixed not so-called.

It’s best to file a ticket; barring some sort of greater problem there should be a record of the item(s). If you haven’t tried it yet, then it’s hard to knock it.