Check out the patch notes for the G25 Hypernova: Eclipse update: https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/63952/g25-hypernova-eclipse-patch-notes-december-17th-2020
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Weeb Thread (Anime/Manga Discussion)

Comments

  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 17,720
    Posts: 2,636
    Member
    I've been taking a small break from anime lately but one of the last anime I've watched was Overlord S1 and omg it's amazing
    I wanna get around to S2/S3 sooner or later
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 46,525
    Posts: 6,904
    Member
    edited May 9, 2020
    Sherri wrote: »
    I've been taking a small break from anime lately but one of the last anime I've watched was Overlord S1 and omg it's amazing
    I wanna get around to S2/S3 sooner or later

    It's okay. It has it's moments, but i don't see it being that amazing.

    Meanwhile, i'm loving new seasons of Fruits Basket and Kaguya-sama: Love is War. Both has good romance, but also Kaguya-sama has the best comedy.
    WolfsingerKensamaofmari
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,050
    Posts: 2,762
    Member
    edited May 16, 2020
    Greta wrote: »
    Watched Weathering With You yesterday... What a bizarre ending... Don't know how i feel about it.

    I guess you don't know Weather you like the ending or not, huh?

    I am liking the Villainous Otome anime, and I have been contemplating the meaning of life ever since the day we still have not heard of Stone Ocean confirmation announcement. Rilakkuma and Kaoru is something I have bee enjoying lately.

    Now, for my daily dose of hating on popular anime.

    I really can't understand the appeal of Irregular A Magic High School. It is no different than any other fanfiction you'd find on Wattpad, but doubling down on the social rhetoric that I just happen disagree with. That, and there's so much meaningless technobabble dialogue that functions as filler. It does nothing to develop these characters, to explain how the world works in order to understand the stakes and rules, or draw upon any relevant real life scientific ideas, theories, or concepts.

    So we can spend a number of minutes explaining how hero Tatsuya won a fight. The issue is that the explanations aren't of rules, because we never establish Tatsuya as being effectively limited in any meaningful way; he may not be able to push a block a meter cross the floor, but when you are both simultaneously the best sharpshooter in the world, the world's best engineer and inventor of magical equipment, have incredible physical and combat prowess, and can effectively nuke your enemies anywhere within 100 km with just a thought, and can go through and absorb a library's worth of knowledge in a single day, it's really really difficult to believe in the idea of danger.

    The author will simply introduce another aspect of Tatsuya's kit that hasn't been revealed to us previously if he ever writes Tatsuya in a corner rather than introducing them beforehand; this is essentially making up abilities on the fly that takes out all tension and interest away from the fight. We're never given any payoff for any tension or interest we may have, because quite simply, there's none to be had.

    We're not shown Tatsuya creatively using old abilities to combat new threats, or having the gun in chapter 5 be shot in Chapter 9.

    But what really angers me is the whole idea that Tatsuya only disagrees with the system because of how it personally ranked him, versus the idea of institutionalized discrimination and persecution. I am surprised the author is 40 years old going onto 50; this is the same time of angst filled writing I expect of a teenager lamenting that the world is soooo unfair against them.

    He may be richer than me, but honestly, if I had to write a fanfiction that is basically me about life while re-imagining myself as the most special snowflakiest person who has ever lived in a society that just doesn't appreciate them out of jealously, then...well, I'll be tempted, but I have my pride too, ya know?
    Wolfsinger
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 17,720
    Posts: 2,636
    Member
    edited July 24, 2020
    I'm not sure if I should make a new thread soo I'll apologize rn if I messed up big time...
    but a lot has happened recently, not just my watching list ep 212 of One Piece babyyy but a lot of great summer season anime has come out!
    I mean I'm only watching Re:ZERO S2 but I've heard a lot of other good anime are showing too

  • KelpSodaKelpSoda
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,485
    Posts: 223
    Member
    i think the anime zone is worse than the friend zone, at least i wasnt doing anything cursed back then
    lemme outttttt
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 46,525
    Posts: 6,904
    Member
    Sherri wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I should make a new thread soo I'll apologize rn if I messed up big time...
    but a lot has happened recently, not just my watching list ep 212 of One Piece babyyy but a lot of great summer season anime has come out!
    I mean I'm only watching Re:ZERO S2 but I've heard a lot of other good anime are showing too

    Fruits Basket is really good. 2nd season is going right now. Everything else is meh, harem and cringe filled anime this season.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 17,720
    Posts: 2,636
    Member
    Greta wrote: »
    Sherri wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I should make a new thread soo I'll apologize rn if I messed up big time...
    but a lot has happened recently, not just my watching list ep 212 of One Piece babyyy but a lot of great summer season anime has come out!
    I mean I'm only watching Re:ZERO S2 but I've heard a lot of other good anime are showing too

    Fruits Basket is really good. 2nd season is going right now. Everything else is meh, harem and cringe filled anime this season.

    i've heard a lot of good things about Fruits Basket :O
    also i agree (well besides Re:Zero, it's one of my favorite anime)
    i really despise harem though
    makes me cringe every time, idk how ppl can watch it
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 46,525
    Posts: 6,904
    Member
    edited July 27, 2020
    Sherri wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    Sherri wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I should make a new thread soo I'll apologize rn if I messed up big time...
    but a lot has happened recently, not just my watching list ep 212 of One Piece babyyy but a lot of great summer season anime has come out!
    I mean I'm only watching Re:ZERO S2 but I've heard a lot of other good anime are showing too

    Fruits Basket is really good. 2nd season is going right now. Everything else is meh, harem and cringe filled anime this season.

    i've heard a lot of good things about Fruits Basket :O
    also i agree (well besides Re:Zero, it's one of my favorite anime)
    i really despise harem though
    makes me cringe every time, idk how ppl can watch it

    Yeah, Re: Zero is also good, but i'm also watching other this season's on-going anime: Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out!, Rent-a-Girlfriend, My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected Season 3 and reading other titles i can say it's really bad and cringy anime this season. The My Youth Romantic Comedy doesn't even have any comedy anymore it's just drama and love triangle crap...
    Oh and also SAO: Alicization War of Underworld Season 2 is meh, but dam the animations are amazing...
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 17,720
    Posts: 2,636
    Member
    ahh never got into SAO, i tried but season 1 got boring fast
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,290
    Posts: 1,270
    Member
    Sherri wrote: »
    ahh never got into SAO, i tried but season 1 got boring fast

    The first half was fine, least in my opinion, everything after wasn't worth it. I couldn't even finish the first episode of the second season.
    Sherri
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,945
    Posts: 678
    Member
    What we obviously need is more «country music» playing in all of these «cringey» animé to make them even more «cringe» ! =D
    ...especially with all of the «cringiest lyrics» that could possibly be sang... then throw in over-played Maroon 5 for even more cringe...
    Sherri wrote: »
    idk how ppl can watch it
    Disclaimer: I have NO interest in «country muzax» and I absolutely cannot stand Maroon 5 songs (they're worse than listening to country).
    If I didn't have other things I needed to tend to I'd totally draw up some manga that is based on a story-line of animé-watchers looking for good animé only to find that they've been some-how transported/teleported into an isekai where the whole entire parallel-world they've ended up in is into nothing but «cringe» music/animé/games/etc., and they conclude that they need to set off on a journey together to find clues as to how to return back to their original world, only to find that even the «science» of the isekai-world they're in is also full of «cringe» illogical ideas (such as some strange belief that they have to wear clown-costumes and sometimes even tin-foil hats in order to operate their machines without malfunction), but they do eventually manage to find clues that reveals why the parallel-world they are in is the way it has become, leading them to discover that it was an elaborate scheme plotted by inter-dimensional travel-villains who've altered & manipulated their current isekai-world starting since a few centuries ago. Things take a turn for the much more bizarre when these transported animé-watchers learn & discover that they're able to use what seems to be like what our world might call «magic» but only to a very limited extent... although, eventually, when they decide to try practicing it together in an attempt to produce «non-cringe» music for them to listen to & keep themselves entertained whilst in said isekai-world, they discover new combinations & up come up with additional theories on making use of these seemingly «magic» capabilities they've discovered, learning that different locations result in different effects/strengths/combinations/results/etc. This, in turn, then leads our animé-watcher main-characters to stumble upon some limited «time-travel» effects at some point, not noticed at first, but after a few «ground-hog day»-like experiences, the group discusses it with each other one day which intrigues their most intellectually oriented group-member to investigate this phenomenon even further. From this point onwards, they then embark on an epic journey that eventually leads them through time-travel within their new-found isekai in order to discover more about this world's «cringe-promoting villains» and what the purpose/rationale/logic could have possibly been for said villains «take over» this isekai-world, only to result in an epic confrontation that leads the main-characters into a forced emergency time-travel retreat where they have to plan out & analyse how to save one of their group-members whose mind seems to have been some-how taken over as-if they became possessed or mind-controlled during that confrontational-encounter & chose to «defect» to the side of the villains. Despite the struggles of the main characters, throughout their journey, they manage to design various games, music, and other forms of entertainment of their own with the newly discovered seemingly «magic» skills that they've picked up & learned in the isekai, eventually learning that they could also teach these new forms of entertainment to the isekai-inhabitants & gain some influence, but quickly discover that they have to do so «under-the-radar» so-to-speak in order to avoid the attention of the isekai «thought-police» forces or potentially end up into forced labour-camps. Fortunately, they have seen plenty of animé back in their original world, and it would seem that the memories of all of the animé that they had ever watched are able to lead them into the right clues that can not just halt the villains' nefarious plots, but also gain them much influence & favour with their newfound isekai-world without ending up in some prison-system; how-ever, it will still take a team-work effort for them to over-come the hurdles & challenges that lie ahead of them, with only one member of their group who specialises in diplomacy. Can they meet these challenges & over-come their difficulties or are their fates sealed by forces beyond their control...?
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 46,525
    Posts: 6,904
    Member
    Again with off-topic rambles...
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 17,720
    Posts: 2,636
    Member
    Wolfsinger wrote: »
    Sherri wrote: »
    ahh never got into SAO, i tried but season 1 got boring fast

    The first half was fine, least in my opinion, everything after wasn't worth it. I couldn't even finish the first episode of the second season.

    i've heard GGO was decent but i never was a gun freak either lol (also have no clue what season it would be or if it's an entirely new anime itself or?)
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 46,525
    Posts: 6,904
    Member
    edited July 29, 2020
    Sherri wrote: »
    Wolfsinger wrote: »
    Sherri wrote: »
    ahh never got into SAO, i tried but season 1 got boring fast

    The first half was fine, least in my opinion, everything after wasn't worth it. I couldn't even finish the first episode of the second season.

    i've heard GGO was decent but i never was a gun freak either lol (also have no clue what season it would be or if it's an entirely new anime itself or?)

    GGO (i think it counts as season 3) was crappy honestly as well, especially the funny part where Kirito was wrecking all these gun pros with his freaking BEAM SWORD and it was just big WTH? for me, but there was also a GGO spin-off which funnily was way better than original one. Now Alicization arc is kinda average, the first half was good because it didn't have Kirito's harem in it lol.
    SherriWolfsinger
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,420
    Posts: 669
    Member
    Sherri wrote: »
    I've been taking a small break from anime lately but one of the last anime I've watched was Overlord S1 and omg it's amazing
    I wanna get around to S2/S3 sooner or later

    I love them, but you'll have to expect some CGI.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 17,720
    Posts: 2,636
    Member
    Sai wrote: »
    Sherri wrote: »
    I've been taking a small break from anime lately but one of the last anime I've watched was Overlord S1 and omg it's amazing
    I wanna get around to S2/S3 sooner or later

    I love them, but you'll have to expect some CGI.

    I've watched them all since that post lol
    definitely one of my favorite anime series
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,300
    Posts: 7,835
    Member
    CGI can be a good addition if done properly.
    WolfsingerSherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 17,720
    Posts: 2,636
    Member
    CGI can be a good addition if done properly.

    i usually dont pay much attention to the CGI unless its REALLY bad.. though i cant remember a time i've seen any bad CGI?
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,300
    Posts: 7,835
    Member
    Sherri wrote: »
    CGI can be a good addition if done properly.

    i usually dont pay much attention to the CGI unless its REALLY bad.. though i cant remember a time i've seen any bad CGI?

    In my opinion, a lot of CGI movements looks really slow and unnatural.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 46,525
    Posts: 6,904
    Member
    edited August 8, 2020
    Sherri wrote: »
    CGI can be a good addition if done properly.

    i usually dont pay much attention to the CGI unless its REALLY bad.. though i cant remember a time i've seen any bad CGI?

    *cough cough* Berserk... *cough cough* There's plenty honestly, but Berserk 2016 is nominated as worst CGI anime after some anime fans and i agree lol.

    Also just remembered Kemono Friends too. Theres SO MUCH actually. The only anime i know who pulled off CGI well without barely noticing was Fate series.
    SherriKensamaofmari