Check out the patch notes for the Dungeon Guide System update: https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/63107/dungeon-guide-system-patch-notes-november-12th-2020
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Let's talk about commerce (:

Comments

  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 61,380
    Posts: 7,920
    Member
    Keiyoma wrote: »
    Crims wrote: »
    Resetting during maintenance or some kind of cycle would maybe work. Commerce used to be fun and then it tanked permanently. Of course, the best counter to bots is to spend real $$. The items required to profit is ridiculous, it's not friendly to players at all.

    My only option after that was Beach of Scathach and metallurgy.
    Keiyoma wrote: »
    - Reset trade good value on a weekly basis. I.e. Monday rolls around, and now all trade goods are sold at a minimum 20% profit at the nearest trade outpost, reasonably increasing as you travel to further trade posts, with the rate decaying as the week goes on and people sell goods.

    We have suggested this in the past. It is possible because during the sever merge EVERYTHING had to be reset. They DO have the ability to reset commerce weekly. Getting them to do it, well as usual that's going to be pulling teeth and nails.

    Couldn't hurt to have a commerce event too. Double ducat rewards.

    I like the idea of a double ducat reward day - fit it onto the weekend with our normal weekly bonuses.

    OR better yet...make it a VIP feature to encourage financial support of this game. You get ducat reward bonus if you have VIP.
  • GypsySpiritGypsySpirit
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,190
    Posts: 250
    Member
    I wish they would come out with an event for it and pray that it doesn't get added to VIP 🤮 , such a worthless waste of one of the few f2p fucntions in the game towards whales is soooo stupid.
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,440
    Posts: 652
    Member
    Crims wrote: »
    OR better yet...make it a VIP feature to encourage financial support of this game. You get ducat reward bonus if you have VIP.

    Yeah, how about no.
    Greta
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,080
    Posts: 1,219
    Member
    Gaby5011 wrote: »
    Crims wrote: »
    OR better yet...make it a VIP feature to encourage financial support of this game. You get ducat reward bonus if you have VIP.

    Yeah, how about no.

    Maybe to a level, but I think it needs some sort of change short of a VIP thing. I know, on a personal level, I'm not at a point in time where I can afford to waste money on that right now. Maybe in a few years if the game's still alive then, but right now is literally impossible.
    Though true that might be a bit of a selfish thought. At the same time I'm looking at these blueprints sitting around 10m and crying with my empty bank while I run back and forth between Tara and Belvast with no commerce enchants running on sheer willpower XD
    These prices are ridiculous.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 61,380
    Posts: 7,920
    Member
    Wolfsinger wrote: »
    Gaby5011 wrote: »
    Crims wrote: »
    OR better yet...make it a VIP feature to encourage financial support of this game. You get ducat reward bonus if you have VIP.

    Yeah, how about no.

    Maybe to a level, but I think it needs some sort of change short of a VIP thing. I know, on a personal level, I'm not at a point in time where I can afford to waste money on that right now. Maybe in a few years if the game's still alive then, but right now is literally impossible.
    Though true that might be a bit of a selfish thought. At the same time I'm looking at these blueprints sitting around 10m and crying with my empty bank while I run back and forth between Tara and Belvast with no commerce enchants running on sheer willpower XD
    These prices are ridiculous.

    I'm making pretty decent ducats getting commerce mats from outside of Uladh. I make a mill a day within a few hours. I could probably make more if I had sheer force of will like you do. Lol.
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,080
    Posts: 1,219
    Member
    Crims wrote: »
    Wolfsinger wrote: »
    Gaby5011 wrote: »
    Crims wrote: »
    OR better yet...make it a VIP feature to encourage financial support of this game. You get ducat reward bonus if you have VIP.

    Yeah, how about no.

    Maybe to a level, but I think it needs some sort of change short of a VIP thing. I know, on a personal level, I'm not at a point in time where I can afford to waste money on that right now. Maybe in a few years if the game's still alive then, but right now is literally impossible.
    Though true that might be a bit of a selfish thought. At the same time I'm looking at these blueprints sitting around 10m and crying with my empty bank while I run back and forth between Tara and Belvast with no commerce enchants running on sheer willpower XD
    These prices are ridiculous.

    I'm making pretty decent ducats getting commerce mats from outside of Uladh. I make a mill a day within a few hours. I could probably make more if I had sheer force of will like you do. Lol.

    Force of will pushes one to do ridiculous things when you should have quit hours ago and gone to bed, don't do it XD
    What mats for commerce are there outside Uladh? I'm really unfamiliar with the whole ducat system, since i was only introduced to the whole commerce thing over 6 years ago by a friend who wanted to attack every bloody bandit she saw, back when they were actually annoying XD
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 61,380
    Posts: 7,920
    Member
    Wolfsinger wrote: »
    Crims wrote: »
    Wolfsinger wrote: »
    Gaby5011 wrote: »
    Crims wrote: »
    OR better yet...make it a VIP feature to encourage financial support of this game. You get ducat reward bonus if you have VIP.

    Yeah, how about no.

    Maybe to a level, but I think it needs some sort of change short of a VIP thing. I know, on a personal level, I'm not at a point in time where I can afford to waste money on that right now. Maybe in a few years if the game's still alive then, but right now is literally impossible.
    Though true that might be a bit of a selfish thought. At the same time I'm looking at these blueprints sitting around 10m and crying with my empty bank while I run back and forth between Tara and Belvast with no commerce enchants running on sheer willpower XD
    These prices are ridiculous.

    I'm making pretty decent ducats getting commerce mats from outside of Uladh. I make a mill a day within a few hours. I could probably make more if I had sheer force of will like you do. Lol.

    Force of will pushes one to do ridiculous things when you should have quit hours ago and gone to bed, don't do it XD
    What mats for commerce are there outside Uladh? I'm really unfamiliar with the whole ducat system, since i was only introduced to the whole commerce thing over 6 years ago by a friend who wanted to attack every bloody bandit she saw, back when they were actually annoying XD

    Check your messages.
  • ChaosqveenieChaosqveenie
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    Posts: 2
    Member
    Commerce is okay, just not for impatient people. I saw a Thread where someone recommended commerce for Iria, that would be amazing. About the Trade Goods value, i understand that part it feels useless after u disconnected which also happened to me while trading goods. And when i commerce i make 10k or less per run, but i dont even mind that and still enjoy it. Even if they decided to make goods more valuable, the items in the commerce shop would also get more expensive in return. I think. And Letters of guarantees are not very expensive, atleast for those like me who commerce alot