Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

CUSTOM MOTION

CrimsọnCrimsọn
Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
edited September 4, 2021 in Content from Other Regions
KR News Page: https://mabinogi.nexon.com/page/news/event_view.asp?id=4889292

a9btyrr.png
SwjxVk7.png

So it looks like the Dressing Room is getting an update. Looks like we will be able to customize idle animations by switching available animations from other outfits that have animations. That's neat.
  1. Looking forward to this update?16 votes
    1. Yes!
       94% (15 votes)
    2. I hate being animated...
       6% (1 vote)

Comments

• TwelieTwelie
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,840
    YES YES YES YES!!!! FINALLY! I HAVE BEEN CAMPAIGNING FOR THIS FOR YEARS!!!!
    CrimsọnWolfsingerSherriHeartdonor
  • DemoncatDemoncat
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,720
    edited September 3, 2021
    i dont really care for this honestly considering we should have gotten this long ago so my liking towards this and im sure others feel so too is completely empty
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Demoncat wrote: »
    i dont really care for this honestly considering we should have gotten this long ago so my liking towards this and im sure others feel so too is completely empty

Don't assume anything about anyone.
  • Goldtiger01Goldtiger01
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,515
    edited September 4, 2021
    Crimsọn wrote: »

Well, their assumption is correct with me. This is honestly a feature we should've gotten ages ago, like many other features.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited September 4, 2021

Well, their assumption is correct with me. This is honestly a feature we should've gotten ages ago, like many other features.

So we shouldn't get it at all then?

Alright sorry guys, we're not getting this update now because it's too late. iHUHPgR.png
    Aushy
  • TwelieTwelie
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,840
    Man why everyone ignore my excited comment and assume this?
    Yes, we should have gotten it a long time ago- but the current director really cares about this game and what the players think, and it shows from their content roadmap and the fact that they did the spirit weapon rework and homestead stuff and this too. I am having more fun playing the game knowing it is a labor of love towards the players.

We are getting the balance changes super quickly, there's still homestead updates after this one, commercing is being reworked, there will be model and client updates- I'm over the moon. I don't expect anyone else to be, but it gives me hope for the future longevity of the game.
    CrimsọnWolfsingerSherriLamartianCrazyTim7Aushy
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited September 9, 2021
    I mean, do they even hear themselves? We should of got this update YEARS ago so it doesn't matter now and I don't care. Hmph! Then shut up and go play something else. Jesus.

Some people still care about this game and we don't care that you don't.
    WolfsingerSherri
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    This comment section, and one other in general that I'm not going to name, reminds me why I took a small break from the social side of this game BESIDES opening semester insanity lol....
    I'm excited though. Looking at this, genuinely shows that whoever it directing on high right now really does actually care. I love it, and I'm super excited for these updates.
    Twelie
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Wolfsinger wrote: »
    This comment section, and one other in general that I'm not going to name, reminds me why I took a small break from the social side of this game BESIDES opening semester insanity lol....
    I'm excited though. Looking at this, genuinely shows that whoever it directing on high right now really does actually care. I love it, and I'm super excited for these updates.

Take another break.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
    Twelie wrote: »
    Yes, we should have gotten it a long time ago- but the current director really cares about this game and what the players think, and it shows from their content roadmap and the fact that they did the spirit weapon rework and homestead stuff and this too. I am having more fun playing the game knowing it is a labor of love towards the players.

We are getting the balance changes super quickly, there's still homestead updates after this one, commercing is being reworked, there will be model and client updates- I'm over the moon. I don't expect anyone else to be, but it gives me hope for the future longevity of the game.

yes!! they're also going to be adding more instruments sooner or later! i'm extremely happy that the game is getting more and more updates, revamps and reworks! :D
    WolfsingerCrazyTim7
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited September 10, 2021
    Yeah I just don't get the concept of people being unhappy with getting updates, especially in a old game. This is a good thing. lol.
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875

Take another break.

I missed you too Crims :P
    Lol Not gonna lie, I mainly responded just to break my boredom during a dry period between studies. That and to say I'm still excited about seeing improvements to this game I love in the face of the haters and naysayers, of course. I love Mabi for all its bugs and issues, and the fact that they're working on improving it is only something to be excited over cause it means the devs in charge right now ALSO care about it too.
    But yeah. See yall next time, back to afk fishing!~ perfect time honestly, considering the amount of studying I have to do XP
    Crimsọn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

Take another break.

I missed you too Crims :P
    Lol Not gonna lie, I mainly responded just to break my boredom during a dry period between studies. That and to say I'm still excited about seeing improvements to this game I love in the face of the haters and naysayers, of course. I love Mabi for all its bugs and issues, and the fact that they're working on improving it is only something to be excited over cause it means the devs in charge right now ALSO care about it too.
    But yeah. See yall next time, back to afk fishing!~ perfect time honestly, considering the amount of studying I have to do XP

Study well and don't end up like us no lifers, ok? :)
  • DemoncatDemoncat

True the last director was pure garbage though i do want these updates to come quick. Id much prefer the engine and graphics update first

i care aswell that this game is finally getting the attention it deserves the issue is the idle swap is a pretty simple implementation
  • DemoncatDemoncat
    a date for this release would be very nice aswell
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    a date for this release would be very nice aswell

Soon™
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760

I've heard that line before.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

I've heard that line before.

And we've heard you before. :smirk:
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    But would they dare to give us the ability to design the very movements themselves rather than just choose from a list?

Mwa ha ha ha ha ha ha >:^{D>
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited February 9, 2022
    Helsa wrote: »
    But would they dare to give us the ability to design the very movements themselves rather than just choose from a list?

Mwa ha ha ha ha ha ha >:^{D>

This system allows you to switch out existing idle animations with other outfits. But no I don't believe this custom motion allows us to design our own animations unfortunately. NTM a lot goes into animating that kind of stuff and I use to do custom animations on Second Life. It's complicated and time consuming, implementing something like that into mabinogi's current engine is just not possible.

So this is the next best thing, you can take an existing animations from another outfit and apply it to another outfit you like. Honestly I think that is still pretty cool.

I suspect we should be getting this pretty soon now.