Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Last Post Wins

Comments

• SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Ooh now I'm in the mood for some lemon Italian ice :(

9f90c488-67ee-4f36-8b59-c45c62ef97a1_1.a0587e7805e90c05a8ca7f28a2156843.jpeg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=FFFFFF
    Darkpixie99KensamaofmariWolfsinger
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited August 29, 2019
    That ice is as cold as the truth of "silence is an admission of guilt."
    In which case, is the silence of Nexon on their current state of dunderhead affairs.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Sherri wrote: »
    Ooh now I'm in the mood for some lemon Italian ice :(

9f90c488-67ee-4f36-8b59-c45c62ef97a1_1.a0587e7805e90c05a8ca7f28a2156843.jpeg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=FFFFFF

It's still summer in the northern hemisphere, so might as well get some.
    Darkpixie99
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Back in high-school I was at a house party, and we all got the munchies, for some reason . . . cough cough. Anyway the host grabs one of those supermarket gallon buckets of ice-cream and start scooping it out to everyone's bowls, except this one college freshman chick who considered themselves a foodie. They were like, "No thank you, I don't eat American ice cream". So, I asked what kind do they like. They said, "Oh I prefer European brands like Haagen-Dazs and Frusen Glädjé". I had fun showing, to their horror, that those were American brands and that they were named that way to trick culinary snobs into buying them.
    SherriKensamaofmari
    edited August 29, 2019
    Helsa wrote: »
    Back in high-school I was at a house party, and we all got the munchies, for some reason . . . cough cough. Anyway the host grabs one of those supermarket gallon buckets of ice-cream and start scooping it out to everyone's bowls, except this one college freshman chick who considered themselves a foodie. They were like, "No thank you, I don't eat American ice cream". So, I asked what kind do they like. They said, "Oh I prefer European brands like Haagen-Dazs and Frusen Glädjé". I had fun showing, to their horror, that those were American brands and that they were named that way to trick culinary snobs into buying them.

Those European brands, some of them are made and distributed by local companies. Mwahahaha!
  • SherriSherri

I never understood those kinds of people. Food is food.
    Also, the argument that American food is worse, unhealthy, etc. is kind of old. It's true for the most part but it's not like anywhere else is any different.
    Sherri wrote: »

I never understood those kinds of people. Food is food.
    Also, the argument that American food is worse, unhealthy, etc. is kind of old. It's true for the most part but it's not like anywhere else is any different.

American food is unhealthy because of certain cooking styles. Not all American food is unhealthy.
    People overseas have a disdain of US produced foods because of past issues of contaminated food and some companies bypassing FDA regulations to put their goods on the market.
    There are also people who are concerned about what goes into the produce and meats that they consume, and how it is processed.
    WolfsingerSherriDarkpixie99
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    F in the chat for Funimation.
    (If you're out of the loop, and of legal adulthood age, check Twitter.)

Why is it important to me?
    Darkpixie99
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited August 30, 2019

Nexon likely won't do future Funimation related collabs due to this heated backlash of insensitive tomfoolery of contractors/employees.
    Funimation could also lose DBZ rights from Toei Animation.
  • SherriSherri

Nexon likely won't do future Funimation related collabs due to this heated backlash of insensitive tomfoolery of contractors/employees.

Wait.. can I have anime examples of what they've dubbed? I can recall Fairy Tail..
    (Yeah I should just google it but I'm lazy and this is Last Post Wins after all ;P)
    Kensamaofmari

That's not for us to decide is it?
    Darkpixie99
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited August 30, 2019

Nexon still works with an extension of Sony, and Sony also owns Funimation.
    Even if it's not for us to decide, it's safe to say that Nexon anime collabs are strictly JP approved beforehand.
    There's no telling how Toei will view the NA anime dub community after the press publication of those sound bytes.
    The fact of the matter remains that this press impacts everyone who was working with Funimation, not just Funimation itself.
    Signing a collab contract with Nexon could be on Toei's back burner for now, so anyone asking Nexon for such a collab will have to wait.

Nexon still works with an extension of Sony, and Sony also owns Funimation.
    Even if it's not for us to decide, it's safe to say that Nexon anime collabs are strictly JP approved beforehand.
    There's no telling how Toei will view the NA anime dub community after the press publication of those sound bytes.
    The fact of the matter remains that this press impacts everyone who was working with Funimation, not just Funimation itself.
    Signing a collab contract with Nexon could be on Toei's back burner for now, so anyone asking Nexon for such a collab will have to wait.

it's better to come back to this topic after we see something actually happen rather than speculate and make presumptions and assumptions based off unrelated connections.
    Darkpixie99
    Here we go
    5c11046aa9054804ed7ff4c3-750-563.jpg
    Darkpixie99
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited August 30, 2019
    it's better to come back to this topic after we see something actually happen rather than speculate and make presumptions and assumptions based off unrelated connections.

It's not so much assumptions, as it is knowing how employees of Funimation used studio equipment and time in such an inappropriate manner.
    Despite the age of some of the recordings, the refusal to expunge the recordings is definitely something any dub company should question.
    Japan's more conservative and child friendly nature aside, it's certainly a topic worth getting back to once more news on the situation rolls out.

• HelsaHelsa
    Postcount=Postcount++;

Just sayin'!
    postcount+postalcode
  • HelsaHelsa
    postcount+postalcode

Since you're in CA then I'm gonna guess that it's >100000?
    postcount+postalcode

Since you're in CA then I'm gonna guess that it's >100000?

Why yes.