Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Is Mabiwiki completely broken for everyone

Comments

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Kouyioue wrote: »
    Meh.

At least I have the nuts to ....you know... ask someone ingame. B)

Whatever happened to independence? I'd be nice for a while, making hints that the wiki has the answers, but ask too much and I'd shoot the person who can't be bother to be self reliant.

That being said, some older players are not nice, or are wary due to how greedy newer players seem to be. I honestly find most of them overly bothersome in one way or another.
    TheNyanCatChaosShadow
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited June 6, 2017
    Wasn't there an ingame wiki featured implemented into the game in an update? Was it cut? Or we just haven't gotten it yet?
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited June 6, 2017
    Too bad, I'm not you and your circumstances don't apply to me. That and I don't give up after just one or two attempts

giphy.gif

The awesomesauce isn't free ^_^ Gotta work for it
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Too bad, I'm not you and your circumstances don't apply to me. That and I don't give up after just one or two attempts

giphy.gif

I am not sure what you are saying. Did I offend you? I apologize if I did, but this example I put out is to point out why newbies won't ask; the attitude shared between many of the veterans tend to run the gamut from mean spirited to nice, and depending on the game, some community are overwhelmingly toxic with its consistent playerbase as to deter new players. Mortal Online and Eve Online have it in their design, but it certainly has its flaws when attracting new players. It isn't entirely unjustified, but the apprehension between the two types exists.

I would appreciate it if you used a less condescending tone. :(
    TwelieWolfandWolfHarukariTheNyanCatChaosShadowQmiko
  • VioletBoyVioletBoy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,765
    tumblr_inline_oodtuyEZ8C1t1m2pf_540.jpg
    Jokes aside, I hope this get fix soon. Even though I can't play right now.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited June 6, 2017

giphy.gif

I am not sure what you are saying. Did I offend you? I apologize if I did, but this example I put out is to point out why newbies won't ask; the attitude shared between many of the veterans tend to run the gamut from mean spirited to nice, and depending on the game, some community are overwhelmingly toxic with its consistent playerbase as to deter new players. Mortal Online and Eve Online have it in their design, but it certainly has its flaws when attracting new players. It isn't entirely unjustified, but the apprehension between the two types exists.

I would appreciate it if you used a less condescending tone. :(

The forum help is a good place for newbies to start. Or just ask in general forum. Especially when Wiki is acting up.
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    Yup!

Oh, and I'm always like that
  • YakeruYakeru
    Mabinogi Rep: 430
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    I hope that the wiki owners understand that once you create a massive wiki that everyone uses and relies on heavily, even if you're tired of the game, that you cannot simply leave it unattended and left to break. Things like this take responsibility through and through. You have to create a notice or something on the front page to let people know the situation. If they have somewhere, they didn't make it public enough. And if they claim we're being impatient and that we are overreacting because they 'are' currently fixing it, then they're really failing in fast and simple communication. :( I hope they shed light on it soon and don't just leave not only loads of information in the dirt, but all the submitters who gave that information to them in the dirt as well.
    WolfandWolf
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 7, 2017
    Xiokun wrote: »
    I hope that the wiki owners understand that once you create a massive wiki that everyone uses and relies on heavily, even if you're tired of the game, that you cannot simply leave it unattended and left to break. Things like this take responsibility through and through. You have to create a notice or something on the front page to let people know the situation. If they have somewhere, they didn't make it public enough. And if they claim we're being impatient and that we are overreacting because they 'are' currently fixing it, then they're really failing in fast and simple communication. :( I hope they shed light on it soon and don't just leave not only loads of information in the dirt, but all the submitters who gave that information to them in the dirt as well.

I agree with Xiokun. I already noticed that Mabinogi wiki is getting more and more neglected and lately it was dead few times over the past 6 months too. I thought that i don't need wiki anymore, but i was wrong. If i need any information about Mabinogi i would always end up in that wiki. I wish i could help somehow in that wiki, but i'm really bad at HTML and anything related to creating websites. The wiki has some pages where information is missing or it's outdated ages ago. I think Mabinogi wiki needs more volunteers who would like to share any information they have now, because i really don't want Mabinogi wiki to be dead and outdated...
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    Who remembered when UChocobo used to host the site on his server. It was a glorious time when there were many enthusiastic wiki editors. And a time when bad and disrespectful editors incur the wrath of the UChocobo and gets a stern scolding and followed up with a well deserved ban hammer.
    Oh, and there were regular maintenance by UChocobo. That was nice.
    It was too bad he lost interest in Mabi and had the wiki migrate somewhere else.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    edited June 7, 2017
    Someone with admin (or someone who acts like they do) rights actually went onto that one forum we're not supposed to name last night and explained some things. (So much for actually communicating with the user base that still plays this game). Said that issues were missed during regular rounds through the site and pretty much nothing else.
    Seriously, is it -that- hard for them to make a -free forum account- here and mirror that post?
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    This is what happens when your game's wiki is administrated by people who don't actually play the game anymore.
    Buffalos
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Someone with admin (or someone who acts like they do) rights actually went onto that one forum we're not supposed to name last night and explained some things. (So much for actually communicating with the user base that still plays this game). Said that issues were missed during regular rounds through the site and pretty much nothing else.
    Seriously, is it -that- hard for them to make a -free forum account- here and mirror that post?

tumblr_inline_o7ubbtgGJ91u9yqq0_500.gif

I guess they can't be hassled to. :P
  • BuffalosBuffalos

Just gonna correct myself now: that comment was posted in February when the wiki was breaking then. NO OFFICIAL RESPONSE ON THE CURRENT BREAKAGE FROM WHAT I CAN FIND.
    Gaea wrote: »

I know it's not easy maintaining that site, but I'd much rather have someone who is willing to talk to users more openly than this current owner/admin set.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175

Just gonna correct myself now: that comment was posted in February when the wiki was breaking then. NO OFFICIAL RESPONSE ON THE CURRENT BREAKAGE FROM WHAT I CAN FIND.

I know it's not easy maintaining that site, but I'd much rather have someone who is willing to talk to users more openly than this current owner/admin set.

Do they even still play the game?
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Do they even still play the game?

I wouldn't know the answer to that, but it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't.
  • FalcondaeFalcondae
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
    edited June 8, 2017
    Actually, I was part of the Mabinoger project when Mabinogi World had a few hiccups and some of us decided it was best to have a 'backup' wiki in case something went wrong. Unfortunately, some people thought otherwise.

We had a lot of harassment from the Mabinogi World admins, specifically two of them. The harassment got pretty bad to the point that the admin of Mabinoger was banned from using Mabinogi World while I decided to not be as active on MWorld and sort of work on 'Noger for a while, transferring data and in-game sprite/images, at which point one of the two admins said I was "stealing" their images, which some of them I had capture and uploaded myself. After a while and people who were helping us on 'Noger began to feel the low morality, we pretty much closed up shop. To my understanding, those two particular admins have long left the game, but that still doesn't really fix the damage already done. Now with MWorld acting up and possible the admins no longer playing/caring, I feel like we might need to work on another Wiki database.

I know -removed -Mabinogi Item Database has some basic item information for people who are just looking for items and not the stats. Unfortunately, the details are from MWorld, so it might not be COMPLETELY useful, but it at least is something.
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    edited June 8, 2017
    Falcondae wrote: »
    Actually, I was part of the Mabinoger project when Mabinogi World had a few hiccups and some of us decided it was best to have a 'backup' wiki in case something went wrong. Unfortunately, some people thought otherwise.

We had a lot of harassment from the Mabinogi World admins, specifically two of them. The harassment got pretty bad to the point that the admin of Mabinoger was banned from using Mabinogi World while I decided to not be as active on MWorld and sort of work on 'Noger for a while, transferring data and in-game sprite/images, at which point one of the two admins said I was "stealing" their images, which some of them I had capture and uploaded myself. After a while and people who were helping us on 'Noger began to feel the low morality, we pretty much closed up shop. To my understanding, those two particular admins have long left the game, but that still doesn't really fix the damage already done. Now with MWorld acting up and possible the admins no longer playing/caring, I feel like we might need to work on another Wiki database.

I know -removed -Mabinogi Item Database has some basic item information for people who are just looking for items and not the stats. Unfortunately, the details are from MWorld, so it might not be COMPLETELY useful, but it at least is something.

Well that's just petty. A wiki is there to provide information; if you can't do it accurately and consistently, then you need to have a backup wiki. There are plenty of fandoms that have more than one wiki, and yeah most of their info is the same. The goal is to provide info, not bragging rights.

Humans got this far by happily sharing info, not blocking it.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Well that's just petty. A wiki is there to provide information; if you can't do it accurately and consistently, then you need to have a backup wiki. There are plenty of fandoms that have more than one wiki, and yeah most of their info is the same. The goal is to provide info, not bragging rights.

Most of it was petty, but at some point there were people straight up copy/pasting entire pages (information,encoding,files, everything in the wiki data) from MWorld to Mabinogier. That is where I would draw the line, but MWorld certainly didn't stop there and continued harassing.
    Humans got this far by happily sharing info, not blocking it.

Today's society would like to prove you wrong on that.
    WolfandWolf