Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Help! with new Halloween event

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Jianto wrote: »
    Draech wrote: »
    Since the event page is unclear, I'll try to reformulate based on my experience.

To start participating in the event, Milletians must register a main character with Aislin in Festia (located next to Lorraine's Nightmare). Doing so will do the following:
    - You will receive a certain number of Onyx, a few Halloween Pumpkin Stickers, and a Handwritten Note detailing the login/AFK portion of the event.
    - The storyline for this event will begin. Aislin's story (up to her rewarding you with a Wanderer's Amulet) is the only part available for now.
    Bran, Locke and Carrie's storylines will be unlocked after the maintenance on Oct 18, Oct 25 and Nov 1, respectively (I think).

During Aislin's questline, and also after her (daily?) quest for used bandages, you will receive Black Shards that, upon use, will transport you to a RP mission in the Tir Chonnail Graveyard.
    MISSION OVERVIEW
    Time Limit – 5:00
    Enemies – Zombies (Nigh Invincible), Mimics (very weak)
    Objective – None that matters. You will have to select tombstones, for a chance at obtaining a used bandage or spawning one of the previous enemies. The zombies should be avoided, but mimics should be killed, and drop either Onyx, Fine Onyx or a Wanderer's Amulet, sometimes accompanied by gold. Once all the tombstones have been cleared, you can forfeit. There is no way (I know of) to complete the RP quest successfully.

Once you've cleared Aislin's portion of the story, you will unlock her shop. Bran, Locke and Carrie also have a shop that can be unlocked, though it is as of yet unknown if their shops will contain the same items as Aislin's or will feature different items.

As for the Wanderer's Amulet, here's a general overview of how they function.
    You can obtain them from the event storyline, from the event shops, or as drops from mimics in the Tir Chonnail Graveyard RP mission.
    Every Amulet can receive attempted enhancements 25 times and special enhancements 3 times.
    For regular enhancements, simply drag any number of onyx, regular gem powder or fine gem powder over the amulet and left-click. One unit will be consumed, and you have a certain chance for the enhancement to succeed (granting +2 in one stat), to greatly succeed (granting +4 in one stat), or to fail. Every attempt (even failures) count towards the 25-attempts limit.
    For special enhancements, simply drag any number of fine onyx over the amulet and left-click. One unit will be consumed, and you will receive a special effect added to your amulet (including min damage, max damage, and alchemical damage bonuses). I am unsure whether or not one may fail the special enhancements.

The event also features a login/AFK portion, where, for every 10 consecutive minutes of being online, your main character will receive 2 Halloween Pumpkin Stickers, up to a maximum of 15 time per day (i.e. 2H30min, 30 Halloween Pumpkin Stickers total). These can be exchanged at the event NPC shops for a variety of items, including Wanderer's Amulets and their upgrade components, and Halloween Gift Boxes (with secret drop pools, apparently).

Edit: Added spoiler tags to the mission, for convenience.

How do you know all this? Cheers this was the missing information I was looking for.

He took the time to record down the process as he did the quests and or as others did the quest and provided the info.
    Jazmyn
  • Raincloud95Raincloud95
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,830
    noobodyzxz wrote: »
    im thinking that u might not be one of those most people that already figured it out (but maybe im wrong and ur just trolling me)
    (im actually stupid enough to actually fall for answering stupid questions and things answerable with common knowledge)

No there's really no way to figure this stuff out other than to just assume theres nothing more than what you're seeing now. Like I meant, are they going to release something for pumpkin stickers later that's cooler than the Halloween box, but I don't think they will. And I did the stuff on the 11th really late but it was def before reset, and I couldn't figure out why on the 12th all day I never got the daily quest again even with hopping channels. Maybe it was a glitch.
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    well i guess this might answer it all
    https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Halloween_Villains_Event

I guess i got too excited and forgot that wiki usually release event page a day or 2 after event starts
    it seems like its not yet fully complete but i think it gives us all the info we currently need
    Kensamaofmari
  • RaykaRayka
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,575
    edited October 15, 2018
    so now i have a dilemma, is better save up stickers for Box or Fine Onix to roll good stat on Amulet?
    anyone know what's the max roll for fine onix?
  • dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    Rayka wrote: »
    so now i have a dilemma, is better save up stickers for Box or Fine Onix to roll good stat on Amulet?

amulets can be fragmented into fine onyx and mimics can drop them
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    Rayka wrote: »

I got a message that said I rolled the max on one of my amulets. The max is apparently 20.
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    edited October 15, 2018
    There is a Giant Vampire Bat outside - north of Bangor, Reignhalt/Gairech Hill.
    giant-vampire-bat.png
    There is an announcement-crawler that says the Giant Vampire Bat has appeared; it appears around 12 am in-game and disappears around 3:30 am in-game. It flies around the rock just before the moon gate and the entrance to Bangor.
    giant-vampire-bat-s-blood.png
    When you hit it, you acquire Giant Vampire Bat's Blood that seems to relate to Bran. It must be part of a quest later on.
    BronzebreakJazmynCrimsọnBelleMorte66
    Maybe this bat and its blood will be an important clue for us trying to identify who exactly these 4 cursed people are. We're getting close on that.
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    To someone happens to have a Ghastly Queen Crown: Would you tell which parts can be dyed? Please and thank you! ^ ^
  • ookieookie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,925
    edited October 16, 2018
    i keep getting popups saying used bandages, but there's nothing to click on....nor are any automatically showing up in my inventory either....keeps failing me even though i get 5 bandages (i don't actually get them just popups).....how do we actually get the bandages, and complete the mission....i can click on onyx no problem...just no bandages to click on

EDIT

they appeared in the other inventory tab that says 'Me' ....kinda wish they'd mention that
    ookie wrote: »
    i keep getting popups saying used bandages, but there's nothing to click on....nor are any automatically showing up in my inventory either....keeps failing me even though i get 5 bandages (i don't actually get them just popups).....how do we actually get the bandages, and complete the mission....i can click on onyx no problem...just no bandages to click on

EDIT

they appeared in the other inventory tab that says 'Me' ....kinda wish they'd mention that

The item used bandages state that they can be stored in ME inventory, and any item that says it can go into ME inventory automatically go there if there is room for them first before showing up in the normal inventory. It's how they set up space management for us.
    Bronzebreak
  • ookieookie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,925
    edited October 17, 2018
    that's kinda obvious AFTER the fact.....can be stored is an option......knowing that they WILL be stored there is what was lacking.....everything else was appearing in regular inventory along with those constant pumpkins so why wouldn't these was my point....without knowing ahead of time i thought the game was glitching for me until i finally did find them where i least expected
    ookie wrote: »
    that's kinda obvious AFTER the fact.....can be stored is an option......knowing that they WILL be stored there is what was lacking.....everything else was appearing in regular inventory along with those constant pumpkins so why wouldn't these was my point....without knowing ahead of time i thought the game was glitching for me until i finally did find them where i least expected

The problems of translation.
    I figured it out in the past after a while for certain items.
  • FizzybubberFizzybubber
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    The best way to do this event is to just cast a barrier spike on the ground. When a zombie appears, run over to your spikes and get it to start attacking them. It will be stuck there attacking the spikes, leaving you free to harvest the graves. You can do this with each zombie that appears.
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    It seems the Giant Vampire Bat also appears at 8:30 am; I guess there is more than one time schedule.
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    The best way to do this event is to just cast a barrier spike on the ground. When a zombie appears, run over to your spikes and get it to start attacking them. It will be stuck there attacking the spikes, leaving you free to harvest the graves. You can do this with each zombie that appears.

Barrier spikes work, though the mummies deal only 1s to hit and it reflects only 0s. HOWEVER, if a zombie hits a BS once, they will aggro to it.
    Oi that's what I said. :P

Barrier spikes work, though the mummies deal only 1s to hit and it reflects only 0s. HOWEVER, if a zombie hits a BS once, they will aggro to it.

Did we mention barrier strikes help?
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    edited October 17, 2018

IDK, but I do know that personally I've found that Barrier Spikes and Transformation Mastery helps.

If people are unsure about how I mean, I could upload a Youtube video about it?

If people aren't aware that Barrier Spikes and Transformation Mastery helps.
    /s

My point is that it doesn't make much sense to have multiple posts in a thread say the same thing.

IDK, but I do know that personally I've found that Barrier Spikes and Transformation Mastery helps.

If people are unsure about how I mean, I could upload a Youtube video about it?

If people aren't aware that Barrier Spikes and Transformation Mastery helps.
    /s

My point is that it doesn't make much sense to have multiple posts in a thread say the same thing.

Lack of reading or the care for reading other posts and threads lead to unnecessary/necessary redundancy.
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    edited October 18, 2018
    You know, I didn't get the connection at first, but I think Bran is supposed to be a reference to Renfield from the classic Dracula book.

EDIT:
    Aislin is a mummy
    Bran is a vampire
    Locke is Frankenstein?
    Carrie is a witch
    pawcalypse