Check out the patch notes for the September 10th update, Campfire Spirit: https://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/23685
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

what would mabinogi look like in a new engine

Comments

• KororeKorore
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,765
    Name calling is not necessary, there's nothing wrong with disagreeing with each other's opinion/argument, but let's leave name calling out of it.
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 12,900
    edited January 19, 2017
    @Korore

I totally understand, but being called a Liar over and over (as though it's my full intention to do so) by someone who clearly has no clue what they are saying, is not much better than being called a 'word' by me. Which is also another word for Mule and Donkey. It's not exactly the worst or meanest of names to call someone, considering the context of the discussion up to this point. I could have chosen (like they did me) to spew forth an attack on their intellect (what is an ad hominem), but that type of behavior would be way out of line.

Why isn't Liar considered 'name calling' as well, especially when it's inappropriate and being directed by someone who wasn't spoken to before it first happened? No disrespect intended, but we're not in kindergarten, and I can pull hundreds of places where the same 'word' was used in the other forum without even a flutter. I realize what you're supposed to do and I'm not against that. I just sense a bit of favoritism.

I was the one who was attacked here, but somehow it gets turned around on me, because my replies weren't favorable to my attacker..
    Greta
  • KororeKorore
    edited January 20, 2017
    @Hardmuscle

I understand that you were being provoked, but there is still no reason to use that language.

Either way, let's get the thread back on topic.
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    edited January 20, 2017
    @Korore

You understand that I was being provoked, but you chose to only address me in the situation (which has dragged on for nearly 3 days like a bad cold). Again no disrespect, but it's not like I used a foul or even remotely vulgar word (there was no hole). In fact, there is a much worse word in the game itself, occupying the name of a sword. I'm not trying to be combative and I won't let it happen again, I just don't like the way I'm being treated here (like I am 5 years old and gearing up for 1st grade). ♥
  • KororeKorore
    edited January 20, 2017
    @Hardmuscle

I do not recall singling you out. My post in this thread was simply saying name calling isn't necessary, and that was directed to everyone who was doing it, it is never constructive in any discussion.

If you would like to continue this conversation, PM me directly so we can avoid derailing the thread even more.
    Arie
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    edited January 20, 2017
    @Korore

Not to carry on about it, but your post was immediately after that 'word' vanished, like it was met by a ninja spellchecker. It was readily apparent (to me) who you were addressing when you posted. I too had the edit window open at the time, but anyways, I would love to continue with the topic of Mabinogi in a new engine. As there is massive potential for a game like this, if the proper steps were taken. ♥
  • icekiller158icekiller158
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,670
    edited January 20, 2017
    @Gaea "But we can't have nice things like that. The engine is just too old. That's why I thought when Mabinogi II -was- going to come out it was going to be something like that. But no it was just a weird version of Mabinogi Heroes (Vindictus).

I hope that someday in the future that they decide to create a true Mabinogi II (like what they did with maplestory). Because lets face it, at some point this game -will- die. We can say nay to that till our faces our blue even despite the strong community we have. But someday...it will happen. I just hope before it does they revisit Mabinogi and do something like that artist rendered and keep our world alive.

Mabinogi is love, Mabinogi is...life.

lol.

Serious though."

But MapleStory 2 bombed so hard in Korea that the developers are reinvesting all effort to MapleStory 1 to keep it alive.
This discussion has been closed.