Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The Skill Revamp Poll

Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
edited February 26, 2017 in General Chat
*This is a discussion separation from the Most Desired Revamp Poll to further enhance our communication with Nexon and Devcat KR.
Each year there's at least one new skill, and yet many of the old skills have yet to receive master caps or titles. Pick a category and discuss precisely which skills you think could use a major overhaul. (Race boosts should be discussed elsewhere, as there's already a statistical debate forum.)
  1. Out of the following Skill Categories, which ones would you like to see improved on?146 votes
    1. Life Skills (New Caps/ the addition of more recipes and/or methods.)
       51% (74 votes)
    2. Combat
       5% (7 votes)
    3. Magic (No new skills, just adjustments and/or new caps)
       5% (7 votes)
    4. Alchemy
       10% (14 votes)
    5. Fighter
       10% (14 votes)
    6. Music (No new skills, just new skills caps and/or book method adjustments)
       3% (5 votes)
    7. Puppetry
       2% (3 votes)
    8. Dual Gun
       2% (3 votes)
    9. Ninja (KR currently has an update already, so stay patient and say what else could improve.)
       4% (6 votes)
    10. Hidden
       9% (13 votes)

Comments

• ArchlunarisArchlunaris
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,115
    As far as major overhauls go, I don't think any for magic are truly nesscary other than meditation and mana shield uncapping, making spell books repairable, more magic attack enchants and potentially a casting speed increase. It would take me putting a lot of thought into it to come up with something better, but for now as long as we get some uncaps, magic tools working properly, and us not going into the nerf zone, id be happy.
    Crimsọn
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    If taming and transformation (adventurer in general) could get an update/revamp I might die from happiness.
    Xiokun
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited January 19, 2017
    I really wish cooking had a use for fan mussels, a better use for unused jam, more recepies, more cooking methods. the ability to use cooking on an interactive object when Homestead Housing arrives, and just ditch the books from the Iron Pot. Cooking should be an experience, and not a chore to learn. We have all these talented chef NPCs who could teach us so much and provide even more background lore. I feel that old blacksmithing recipes we no longer see should be sold by a new NPC or earned in Festia. I feel that handicraft was neglected in the homestead system, and should be used to craft furniture and decals for the Homestead interior. I feel that Shock, Fire Ball, Ice Spear, and Thunder may be too confusing or complex for a newbie to learn through page gathering. Perhaps we could change the way you keep track of each page, or have it be learned in some other way such as completing an RP mission or puzzle. Transformation Mastery is still difficult for the average player to master, maybe the permanent return of the Shamala Gachapon at a raised price could smooth things over. Composing and Musical Knowledge still need their cap, and again the book method can be too complex, especially if you have to gather bottles from Gachapons no longer in circulation. Perhaps we could do another RP mission with these instead. The race exclusive skills have been talked about as too OP or underpowered, so I won't be touching base with those combat skills. However, archery can indeed be better improved both accuracy and damage wise.
    IzzyKuroNekoBuellaCarlizeHazurahTJastec
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    for me I'd like to see magic craft and hillwen engineering get an overhaul, making the requirements a lot easier to train, instead of having tp either seal it to r1 or spend months getting it 1-2 ranks higher. dual gun and ninja would be nice to get a slight overhaul as well, making those trees a bit easier to train
  • FrahaleahFrahaleah
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
    edited January 19, 2017
    Dual Gun here. Personally would like to see a 'desperado' style aoe attack, like the two guns held straight out at full arms length, one on the left point off from the player's left side, same with the gun in the right hand just aimed to the right, and have the player spin in a circle while firing.

youtube.com/watch?v=GnD8ytlMDYI
    Basically just look up Phantasy Star Portable 2 opening. then go to 0:34
  • XeekTheMightyXeekTheMighty
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
    I want life skills changed. Honestly, I think life skills should provide better stats than those in gachas.
    Zephyrsongishnotmeh
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited January 20, 2017
    @Sabina
    This forum should be in feedback and suggestions, as this IS the players stating which old skill update they would like to see the most in 2017.
  • SugarAngelSugarAngel
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
    edited January 20, 2017
    I'm definitely going for Life Skills - Uncapping and perhaps and overhaul of how it is done.. Of course to match, new items to craft! Plus gatchas shouldn't out out-doing life skill crafting, at all.
    IzzyKuroNeko
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    @SugarAngel Yeah, just imagine if we had a bunch of new tailoring recipes... we could finally see some actual high ranked players making profit off their skills.
    SugarAngelIzzyKuroNekoBuella
  • DealerDealer
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,325
    edited January 20, 2017
    Darkpixie99

@Sabina
    This forum should be in feedback and suggestions, as this IS the players stating which old skill update they would like to see the most in 2017.
    __
    This doesn't seem to follow the guidelines and actually is more like a add on to another thread already in suggestions. Since its already a little old we are not deleting it but instead leaving it in general, but for future reference poll threads on topics that are already created will be deleted.
    Greta
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    @Dealer THIS THREAD was DESIGNED with conversations with the developers through Twitch in mind. If we as the players cannot be heard or spoken to, than Mabinogi will be wiped off of the NA servers for good.
  • LynetteLynette
    Mabinogi Rep: 685
    i want more tailoring recipes. and i want cooking to be useful.
    Darkpixie99IzzyKuroNekoBuellaMomoe
  • DealerDealer
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,325
    edited January 20, 2017
    Darkpixie99

@Dealer THIS THREAD was DESIGNED with conversations with the developers through Twitch in mind. If we as the players cannot be heard or spoken to, than Mabinogi will be wiped off of the NA servers for good.
    However it does not follow the Suggestion Guidelines, I could however move it into Incomplete suggestions or merge it with the other skills revamp suggestion.
    Greta
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    Life skills.

I want players to have the ability to make just about anything in the game, so there's an actual incentive to train production skills other than, "grind for stats and then never use the skill again."
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    life skills revamp is needed. would love to see more life skills and more use for Luck stat... more ways to gain luck stat. I remember a while back someone posted something about a perfume making skill that seems to have never officially got released on any version of the game yet
  • NeynaNeyna
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,140
    edited January 21, 2017
    I'd say fighter :c since we've had combat,Mage, archer and other ace talents (new skills for starlet, Druid, culinary and vate). I haven't seen any update on fighter even though it is a single 'stat given talent' (will) and probably the only one that havent had an update.

And I'd like to see more AoE skills for fighter. Maybe add a 4th combo( making it a massive aoe splash maybe?) or a brand new 1-3chain combo with lower CD; or give us skills similar to Monks/champion in RO.
    It's already hard to pull a drop kick on bosses since you can't even pull a pummel on most of the boss/mobs and mobs aggro way too fast, to the point I don't see a reason to main fighter anymore.
    KagaRosepivotal
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    I did vote for Hidden, but I also want to make a vote for both Martial Arts and Ranged Combat. Martial Arts need to be reworked and Ranged Combat needs to be given another look over.
  • HealingGibbyHealingGibby
    Mabinogi Rep: 625
    Healing pls. As it stands, it has no real place in higher level runs unless you spam it intensively. However, most people view that as contributing less than fighting. Furthermore, only 2 things affect wound recovery and one of them is no longer obtainable.
    Zephyrsongishnotmeh
  • KagaKaga
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,170
    I agree with @Neyna
    Fighter needs a revamp/buff.
    We got Merlin (for mage), Culinary/Treasure Hunter (for life skills) Vates (for alchemy) Starlet (Bard)
    And then we got renovation. Combat, Mage and Archery.

So every class beside of Gunner, Ninja (even ninja had a revamp in KR) and puppetry didn't get buffed, mainly because they are "new" and not "rusty".

The only "old" class that was left alone is Fighter.

So it makes sense that fighter would get a whole revamp/buff.

(P.S you can't say counter punch is an update, else we could say the same about shockwave for mage and berserk for combat)
    NeynaBuella
  • NeynaNeyna
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,140
    edited January 24, 2017
    ^^^^ even IF counter punch is an update, it's kinda considered a first chain combo since you can use the second chain right after.
    Would be great to have a 2nd and 3rd after that like what I said before ( new 1-3 chain combo).

Ps. Also fix focused fist glitch pls.
    KagaIzzyKuroNeko