Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Fusion Bolt

HelsaHelsa
Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
edited December 13, 2018 in General Chat
Back in the old days when Fusion Bolt required that one of the bolts you charged be the same element as the wand you were holding, I upgraded a fire wand for low mana consumption since this regiment mean you were shut out of using one of the three possible fusion bolts and I could see uses for the fire fusions. Nowadays things are freer but I still don't see any reason to use ice/lightning fusion. Discuss.

Comments

• MierinMierin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,085
    Single charge ice/lightning has the most damage of the bolt fusion options. Stacking for ice/lightning is also the best for clearing trash mobs when you don't bother upgrading a tribolt or lightning wand for chaincasting.
  • HelsaHelsa
    A five-charge of ice/lightning is five separate shots right? Or is it one big shot?

• TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    Helsa wrote: »
    A five-charge of ice/lightning is five separate shots right? Or is it one big shot?

Fusing ice gives you five shots.
    pawcalypse
  • HelsaHelsa
    TheNyanCat wrote: »

Fusing ice gives you five shots.

Yeah that's what I figured. Does this all mean then that Fire/Ice is pointless?
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    edited December 13, 2018
    Fire+Lighting: one big hit that chains like lightning bolt and knocks down everything it hits
    Ice+Lightning: five weaker attacks that all chain and stun like lightning bolt
    Fire+Ice: one big five-charge ice-enhanced firebolt, then a four-charge, then a three-charge, then a two-charge, then a single—basically 15 for the cost of 5

They all have their uses. It's situational.
    pawcalypse
  • HelsaHelsa
    Shaeli wrote: »
    Fire+Lighting: one big hit that chains like lightning bolt and knocks down everything it hits
    Fire+Ice: one big five-charge ice-enhanced firebolt, then a four-charge, then a three-charge, then a two-charge, then a single—basically 15 for the cost of 5

Fire/Lightning I totally get. So when do you use the various ice fusions?
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965

I use ice-lightning all the time. Quick to charge and good damage.
  • OrkaneOrkane
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,365

Fire + Ice is best for single tanky enemies. You get the single hit damage from charging firebolt with the repeated hits of icebolt.
    Ice + Lightning is best if you can kill whatever you're fighting in one or two hits. The first shot hits targets, the next hits 4 and so on. For a total of up to 15 enemies hit. It's also the quickest to charge.
    You already know about fire+lightning.

That said, a tribolt wand kinda invalidates fusion bolt completely.
    pawcalypse
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited December 14, 2018
    Orkane wrote: »

Fire + Ice is best for single tanky enemies. You get the single hit damage from charging firebolt with the repeated hits of icebolt.
    Ice + Lightning is best if you can kill whatever you're fighting in one or two hits. The first shot hits targets, the next hits 4 and so on. For a total of up to 15 enemies hit. It's also the quickest to charge.
    You already know about fire+lightning.

That said, a tribolt wand kinda invalidates fusion bolt completely.

Why does a tribolt wand invalidate fusion bolt? I don't deal with Magic very much.

Ah, you can't use Fusion Bolt if you do the Chain Cast upgrade. -_-
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited December 14, 2018
    A complete guide to fusion bolt in the "Game Guides" category would be welcome!

Let see if I understand things.
    1) With a five-charge of ice/lightning, starting with the second shot, splash damage begins happening ever increasingly with successive shots or is it the other way round?
    2) With a five-charge of ice/fire, the first shot does the most damage with subsequent shots getting weaker?

EDIT:
    Okay I just did some experiments. I get it now. But now I'm wondering. Why would you bother using Fire/Lightning when Ice/lightning seems so much better against groups of weaker monsters. Is it mostly for the one-big-shot and the AoE part is forgotten about?
  • OrkaneOrkane
    EDIT:
    Okay I just did some experiments. I get it now. But now I'm wondering. Why would you bother using Fire/Lightning when Ice/lightning seems so much better against groups of weaker monsters. Is it mostly for the one-big-shot and the AoE part is forgotten about?

The single shot from fire/lightning does more total damage than all five shots of ice/lightning put together.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Why not fusion with bare hands?
    pawcalypse
  • RaykaRayka
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,575

can you fusion with bare hands?
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    edited December 14, 2018
    Rayka wrote: »

can you fusion with bare hands?

When cooking yes. :p
    In terms of the skill, I don't think so.
    In terms of my mortal hands. No.
    In this world, no.
  • OrkaneOrkane

That's impossible and it's still a huge step down from just chaincasting fire or lightning.
    Kensamaofmari
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855

I'd like to see that. Fusion bolt all three elements would be nice too.
    Kensamaofmari