Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Permadeath Server

Comments

• ChoCho
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,120
    edited January 12, 2019
    Helsa wrote: »
    That's okay I've got it covered here.

Please don't make new posts about other people's posts. If you want to discuss this, you can discuss it here. I can't stop you but I'm not okay with this.
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    edited January 13, 2019
    I've spent some time thinking it over, and I think I've come up with something that could work for (almost) everyone. However, since it's almost an entirely new suggestion, and works on a core concept opposite to Cho's, I'll post it in a new suggestion thread, to keep this one focused on the original.

Triona Server - An alternate permadeath suggestion
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    Faybal wrote: »
    & That's the REAL tea.

And it is SCALDING.
    Faybal
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    edited January 13, 2019
    - miss clicked
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Cho wrote: »

Please don't make new posts about other people's posts. If you want to discuss this, you can discuss it here. I can't stop you but I'm not okay with this.

You refused to attach a poll, so what recourse did I have? Not having a poll was unacceptable to me.
    Faybal
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    yNiBv8S.gif
    PlatinaKokiSebastian
  • ChoCho

You refused to attach a poll, so what recourse did I have? Not having a poll was unacceptable to me.

Of course I refused. I have that right. What I didn't know is that you can make threads about other peoples' suggestions in an attempt to rally people against it. I can't delete comments so I'm not censoring you and everyone who disagrees already said so. Now you just want a bar graph because this will help accomplish something? It's just a suggestion I posted but you're acting like I can patch it into the game myself. Should I be able to make a post about your post about my post? Where is the line between discussion and harrassment?
    THICCthighssavelives
  • HelsaHelsa
    Another thread was made referencing this one. It was created as it considered its self a tangent. The post I created was also a tangent, in that it was about whether folks would support the idea or not, rather that about the academic discussion of the pros and cons of it.
    Faybal
  • ChoCho
    Another thread was made referencing this one. It was created as it considered its self a tangent. The post I created was also a tangent, in that it was about whether folks would support the idea or not, rather that about the academic discussion of the pros and cons of it.

The other thread is a different suggestion that seperates itself from my suggestion. Your thread is just "I'm going to make a poll because you wouldn't listen to me"

You can talk about whether folks will support the idea in this thread. You've been talking about it. Adding a new thread just diverts the discussion to another thread with a poll in it.
  • HelsaHelsa
    This thread is about discussing the pros and cons of the idea. The thread I created is about getting some idea of what kind of support the idea would have. With a poll folks who have an opinion on whether to support the idea or not can do so without having to post. Some folks don't want to post, either because they're shy or they feel they would just be repeating what others say.
    Faybal
  • ChoCho
    I get what you're saying about people being shy. I agree with you on that but this thread isn't as specific as pros and cons. The post is just a suggestion for a permadeath server and the replies and comments are all feedback. I believe all feedback about the suggestion should be in this thread, whether you have pros and cons, or just want to say whether you're for or against it. You shouldn't just make another thread to discuss the same topic especially considering you wouldn't have if I made a poll. I could be wrong though since no one has merged or removed your thread yet.
  • HelsaHelsa
    I understand what you are saying but without a poll not all feedback, be it the specific pros and cons of the idea but also whether folks, shy or not, support it as well, can not all be in the thread. But that's okay, as I said earlier, I've got that covered.
    Faybal
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited January 13, 2019
    The idea of the poll is also a way to voice their support or lack thereof without having to state what's already likely been mentioned.
    Faybal
  • FaybalFaybal
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,775
    Sebastian wrote: »
    & That's the REAL tea.

And it is SCALDING.

DwP1r3KV4AA8t_p.jpg:large

So hot it Burnt my house down
    Sebastian
  • ChoCho
    Leinei wrote: »
    The idea of the poll is also a way to voice their support or lack thereof without having to state what's already likely been mentioned.

And it's been denied in this thread. It doesn't justify making a new thread about the same topic.
  • FaybalFaybal
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,775
    edited January 13, 2019

And it's been denied in this thread. It doesn't justify making a new thread about the same topic.

Problem is, Every time someone wants to make a meaningful suggestion or comment, you shoot it down.
    I assume the average forum users by NO MEANS represent the majority of the Mabinogi playerbase so even if I get dissent here if it's the same 3 points being answered over and over, it means that there isn't much wrong with my idea.

Well, I mean, there are forum users of different backgrounds, experiences, and opinions; I found it funny that you would jump to the conclusion that "There isn't much wrong with my idea". You jumped from point A to point Z in .02 seconds, lol
    nocorrelation.png
    The false logic of trying to discredit people who know their facts with "oh lol thats not really the whole forum, so that means that everyone else likes my idea" is atrocious, abrasive, and outright fallacious. To then make an extremely WILD assumption that "there's not much wrong with it" based on this aforementioned false premise is outright amusing yet outrageous.
    You did say that there would be people who agree with you... The poll was posted for an accurate consensus. All the poll was attempting to do was to see if 1. Your above claim was valid and 2. to see thoughts of others based on this thread's discussions.
    Don't try to go after someone who is in pursuit of reality when you haven't reached it yet.
    Unless you already polled (which did not happen), I don't really see what the problem is. Sure, it's the same idea, but it's a completely different course of action and it isn't redundant. That, in my opinion, is fair grounds.

And sure, if you read this, great. You haven't been reading my past few posts, which is a shame, because I brought up many valid points such as raids and squires. You can't cherry pick the issues you want to address while leaving the rest of your concept rot away. Perhaps if you took this as an opportunity to do some deep thinking and construct upon your idea instead of insisting that everyone who criticizes it is wrong, you'd actually get somewhere with this.

But sure, go off I guess.
    200.gif
    Twelie
  • ChoCho

Problem is, Every time someone wants to make a meaningful suggestion or comment, you shoot it down.
    I assume the average forum users by NO MEANS represent the majority of the Mabinogi playerbase so even if I get dissent here if it's the same 3 points being answered over and over, it means that there isn't much wrong with my idea.

Well, I mean, there are forum users of different backgrounds, experiences, and opinions; I found it funny that you would jump to the conclusion that "There isn't much wrong with my idea". You jumped from point A to point Z in .02 seconds, lol
    nocorrelation.png
    The false logic of trying to discredit people who know their facts with "oh lol thats not really the whole forum, so that means that everyone else likes my idea" is atrocious, abrasive, and outright fallacious. To then make an extremely WILD assumption that "there's not much wrong with it" based on this aforementioned false premise is outright amusing yet outrageous.
    You did say that there would be people who agree with you... The poll was posted for an accurate consensus. All the poll was attempting to do was to see if 1. Your above claim was valid and 2. to see thoughts of others based on this thread's discussions.
    Don't try to go after someone who is in pursuit of reality when you haven't reached it yet.
    Unless you already polled (which did not happen), I don't really see what the problem is. Sure, it's the same idea, but it's a completely different course of action and it isn't redundant. That, in my opinion, is fair grounds.

And sure, if you read this, great. You haven't been reading my past few posts, which is a shame, because I brought up many valid points such as raids and squires. You can't cherry pick the issues you want to address while leaving the rest of your concept rot away. Perhaps if you took this as an opportunity to do some deep thinking and construct upon your idea instead of insisting that everyone who criticizes it is wrong, you'd actually get somewhere with this.

But sure, go off I guess.
    200.gif

If you promise this will be the last time, we can go over this again. What exactly were those meaningful suggestions or comments I shot down. If there was a suggestion I disagreed with I gave explanations why.

Maybe I gave the person I was responding to a little to much credit rather than type that out like I'm explaining it to a child. You've been extremely rude since your first post but I'll explain it so you don't need to wear your big brain out trying to decipher it.

I see the same people posting on the forums a lot. Many of which posted in the thread. I assume this forum has people who use this forum a lot. I know there are people who never use the forum and instead ask questions in-game or on Reddit or fan-sites. Having a poll would only make people who disagree feel better by seeing a bar graph full of "No Permadeath Server" votes. Are you with me so far? My suggestion isn't here so I can have forum users vote on it. I'm not asking the forum whether or not they'd like my idea. This is the only way to leave suggestions about the game.

Now I APPRECIATE feedback but
    AlexLight wrote: »
    In my opinion mabi would not work well with a perma death system like you are suggesting due all the grinding of training skills and getting the best equipment/fashion that mabi has.

what facts
    There are too many variables to take into account like lag spikes. That could wreck a character back to level 1 based on your parameters.

Also skills that have gather quests behind them like ice spear would not work with your server idea as people would have to re-acquire those pages. Same with Shock.

Also if you want life skillers that can craft higher rank weapons and such, I think it would be best to alter those parameters. If everyone is going to be dying, no one is going to put the effort into crafting if they're going to lose it that easily.

where are the facts?
    Draech wrote: »
    As for the Permadeath server, I don't think it's worthwhile for the following reasons:
    - The game is centered around...

he goes on to state his opinions about what Mabi means to him as general facts. Fact =/= Opinion
    You still miss the bare minimum; programming.

This Platina guy was great. He mentions programming for the 2nd time while also saying nothing about it
    I know nothing of "Path of Exile", and i'm not going to pretend like I do. I know that trying to compare the two is like comparing apples to oranges, though.

"I don't know anything about this game you mentioned but lemme tell you how different it is"
    You still don't understand the problem with lag, and if you really think what's left of this playerbase could be patient in the scenarios you have provided, then you clearly have not played long at all.

this is from a player who is playing a game that has survived when channels died, monster mob lag, intense rubberbanding and displacement, and rollbacks where they've lost their equipment. Players toughed it through those times and now there's much less problems today. If people were going to quit, they'd have already. And he also talks as if Nexon would make it mandatory to play on such a server.
    if you really think what's left of this playerbase could be patient in the scenarios

Biggest brain. I know this is an extremely controversial idea but what if you just didn't play on the permadeath server. I know it's crazy but then you wouldn't have to lose your character made for only that server. But guys like Platina and you think "I wouldn't play it so no one would." I don't know any devs that ask players for permission before rolling out an update. They update, test the waters, and revert if they need to. If a Permadeath server was advertised and came out, and no one played on it and it was removed, then fine that would be A-Okay. But some of you think if Devcat or Nexon make this, they'd need to stop all other things they're making and focus only on this which would be ridiculous to believe.

I've listed like 3 suggestions that were actually meaningful in the original opening post. In your opinion what were the others?

Also lol
    The poll was posted for an accurate consensus. All the poll was attempting to do was to see if 1. Your above claim was valid and 2. to see thoughts of others based on this thread's discussions.

I'm sure you and your forum buddies = an accurate consensus. If you really wanted that, you could Bugel Horn all the channels in every server, multiple times per day, and ask them to post in this thread or even vote on the poll. Then you'd have to make sure that the number of votes is a large enough sample size of the community. And even then you'd have to take into account people posting on alternate forum accounts like those 1-post new accounts posting in server merge threads. Instead you just side with obvious harrassment because you've got some vendetta against me or the permadeath idea and I don't even know you.
  • HelsaHelsa

It does as you left no other recourse for creating the poll.

• ChoCho

It does as you left no other recourse for creating the poll.

So you break forum etiquette because you didn't get what you wanted. When I go to Best Buy I'm going to walk out with a PS4 and say "I have no money. You left no other recourse for obtaining the PlayStation". You could've made a strawpoll and posted that or did a "Hit like if you disagree".

I'm not 100% familiar with the forum rules but you doing that sets a precedent that it's okay to make threads about other threads. You didn't make a separate thread about the topic and take the time and effort to re-explain the idea. You just link my thread in your thread and say "discuss that thread here now".
  • HelsaHelsa
    It's a similar thread, but not the same scope. This thread is the academic discussion of the pros and cons of the idea, but is not about whether folks are interested in it. Saying that folks can post about it is not enough. The poll allows folks to express that without having to repeat what others have said. Given the way this thread has gone, folks who are shy would appreciate the ability to voice their feelings without having leave them self open to attack.