Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Tech Duinn missions

Comments

• knightoneknightone
    Mabinogi Rep: 885
    edited January 12, 2019
    Not sure if I should post this. We spammed speed runs for mats.

an1gKjl.jpg
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    edited January 13, 2019
    Just FYI... I don't know if it's international or not but Nova doesn't count for getting a critical last hit on Balor even though you always get a crit from Nova so guess I'll have to use Way of the Gun next time?
    Xafnir
  • XafnirXafnir
    Mabinogi Rep: 720
    Zeo wrote: »
    Just FYI... I don't know if it's international or not but Nova doesn't count for getting a critical last hit on Balor even though you always get a crit from Nova so guess I'll have to use Way of the Gun next time?

Yeah i saw that too, did anyone try way of the gun on him to get the crit finish?
    Zeo
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Xafnir wrote: »

Yeah i saw that too, did anyone try way of the gun on him to get the crit finish?

Way of the Gun worked for me and my friends when we were getting that quest done.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Yea way of the gun works
  • XypixXypix
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,890
    Illusion/Balor is pretty nice, except for the salamanders. I hate the salamanders. They're succubus fiends 2.0, now featuring sand burst immunity and lingering fire pools on death.

Feth is an evil incarnation of satan, probably the worst dungeon ever put in this game, honestly
    1. extremely annoying time limit that can get shorter if you cant kill the black moon followers
    2. the area is an FPS-drainer alone because of all the mist effects (rip 1080p players)
    3. illusion salamanders. i thought the ones in illusion/balor were annoying, but no, lets give them infinite, no cd shockwave. GREAT IDEA.
    4. illusion zombies. i hope whoever came up with them gets fired, seriously.
    4a. the god-forsaken "hallway" where you have to kill multiple illusion zombies, one at a time, within an extremely short time limit. this whole section is just screaming elf favoritism.
    5. the boss's attacks are insanely inconsistent, you can be standing in the laser and not get hit, while other times you can be clearly out of the way, but somehow still get hit.

overall i hate feth fiada. garbage dungeon that i will never run again, sticking to illusion.
    SheenaBlissfulkill
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    A tip for Feth missions. When you clear a room. Pay attention to the orb (the moment the room disappears. The orb will produce a light pointing to the next orb for a brief moment. This will let you move in the direction of the next orb so you don't have to run around the field looking for it.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    edited January 14, 2019
    Only cleared the Balor dungeon, and the overall experience was nice. Room and boss designs were tricky but not impossible, but screw the hostage rescue section entirely. I do not like having a stat check be in the game that only exists to check if your party has 40 AoE pets, or if you have the patience to do windmill-rotations for 10 minutes to kill a wall.
  • ZeoZeo
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Only cleared the Balor dungeon, and the overall experience was nice. Room and boss designs were tricky but not impossible, but screw the hostage rescue section entirely. I do not like having a stat check be in the game that only exists to check if your party has 40 AoE pets, or if you have the patience to do windmill-rotations for 10 minutes to kill a wall.

Hmm.. the hostage rescue part aee quite easy for me actually when I ran it few times with the party mainly because I ask the two out of the four to do their best to protect them while someone and I just focus on killing the gate/wall that take us two minutes at most. I find that using Death Mark (I have DAN 3) to be really helpful because it increase overall damage a bit and the wall/gate kept pulling in MANY of the Black Moon Followers back in so there’s barely any that actually get away.
    GTCvActium wrote: »
    A tip for Feth missions. When you clear a room. Pay attention to the orb (the moment the room disappears. The orb will produce a light pointing to the next orb for a brief moment. This will let you move in the direction of the next orb so you don't have to run around the field looking for it.

Oooh, that does seems like it come in handy! I’ll keep my eyes for those such thing next time I run Feth Fiada!

After clearing both Revived Illusion and Feth Fiads numerous of times, I can say that I prefer to run/spam Revived Illusion mainly due to the reason that Balor are not as bad compared to having to fight the Gate in the end with time limit.

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Hey about the Salamanders in Revived Illusion, do they work like Unknown Men?
    They seem to completely ignore stun and don't actually fall down on their backs when knocked down/back.
  • ZeoZeo
    So I used WotG and got my last hit with crit in for Balor but apparently it doesn't count because it seems like you need to have the finish on it too - would setting the finishing rule to anyone count for this?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    So I used WotG and got my last hit with crit in for Balor but apparently it doesn't count because it seems like you need to have the finish on it too - would setting the finishing rule to anyone count for this?

Yeah, that's how my friends and I got it done.
    Zeo
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Also a tip for Revived Illusion. During the "rescue the hostage" rooms having all 4 members in the circle will speed up the circle's timer. The best strategy, particularly at the harder difficulties, is to have all 4 members in the circle and have sand burst ready and blind the mages. Once the hostage is freed, you can then go about murdering everything in the room in a massive bloodbath.
    KingEphy
  • AlshianAlshian
    Also a tip for Revived Illusion. During the "rescue the hostage" rooms having all 4 members in the circle will speed up the circle's timer. The best strategy, particularly at the harder difficulties, is to have all 4 members in the circle and have sand burst ready and blind the mages. Once the hostage is freed, you can then go about murdering everything in the room in a massive bloodbath.

we just have one player per rescue to nascent divinity as the other 3 cause mass genocide.

But thats a good idea too :3
  • ZeoZeo

I can confirm that this is the best strategy because having just one player on the circle make it shrink super slowly while having 4 players on it make the circle shrink a lot! Everyone just basically stood next to me with Nascent as I spam Shield of Trust and have people spam Dance of Death to stunlock the Followers for a time being til the circle disappears.

On a good side, I finally got the 10th Technique by getting a crit hit finish on Balor.
    KingEphy
  • AlshianAlshian

I can confirm that this is the best strategy because having just one player on the circle make it shrink super slowly while having 4 players on it make the circle shrink a lot! Everyone just basically stood next to me with Nascent as I spam Shield of Trust and have people spam Dance of Death to stunlock the Followers for a time being til the circle disappears.

On a good side, I finally got the 10th Technique by getting a crit hit finish on Balor.

all that is left is spamming the heck out of these 2 new shadow missions in order to get level 10 for your fav techs, i plan to get them all to 10 one day XD
  • IyasenuIyasenu

Oh, about this.

Well, not really about the tactic per se but, how do the circle rooms work?

Does the circle shrink just by having people in it, or does it only shrink of people are in it and enemies are also dying?
  • ZeoZeo
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Oh, about this.

Well, not really about the tactic per se but, how do the circle rooms work?

Does the circle shrink just by having people in it, or does it only shrink of people are in it and enemies are also dying?

The circle does shrink by having one person in, at least. You do not have to kill the mobs at all.

However, it is recommended to have all four people on the circle because it make the circle shrink SUPER fast compared to just having one person on the circle.

The tactic that my party use is to have each person take a turn using Dance of Death because it can stunlock the Black Moon followers as the circle shrink. Once you have freed the fanatic, go all out in killing the Black Moon Followers in the room!
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited January 26, 2019
    Can we get a cash shop equivalent item to bypass the restriction on upgrading without running these poorly design missions. I'd rather throw a few hundred $$$ than waste hundreds of my hours, other people's hours, & my+other peeps perishable resources. :(

Plus I'm a Mari resident solonogist so I an't got time fo dat social stuff!
  • ZeoZeo
    Rhey wrote: »
    Can we get a cash shop equivalent item to bypass the restriction on upgrading without running these poorly design missions. I'd rather throw a few hundred $$$ than waste hundreds of my hours, other people's hours, & my+other peeps perishable resources. :(

Plus I'm a Mari resident solonogist so I an't got time fo dat social stuff!

I'm not sure about Mari server but in Alexina server, they usually go for 200k-300k per one Briogh crystal so you probably can advertise to buy those and hope players will get some to sell!