Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[COMPLETED] Scheduled Maintenance - April 24th

Comments

• FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Ah, I was wondering why it said "Server cannot be reached" upon logging in just now. Mabinogi is generally the first thing I tackle once I get home, but I can wait.

Hope everything goes well.
  • kairisoadorikairisoadori
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,725
    edited April 24, 2019
    No mabinogi had another large scale server maintenance less then a year ago and in the sense of hardware this shouldnt take that long if its replacing a few dozen hard drives or a few server racks as a whole even if your using trash like a intel hades nuc as your hub pc nothing about this argument makes sense how much data are they transferring 100 petabytes sounds like someone broke the game at that point as getting the hardware ready sounds like something you would do before maintenance
    Kitsuneanagi
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited April 24, 2019
    Well, technically, the server hardware update thing is taking only 7 hours if we take into account that a normal maintenance involving a Windows update like this one typically takes 5 hours. Also, find me the post that says we had a server maintenance of this scale less than a year ago?
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    edited April 24, 2019
    I'm placing my bets on cross over event.
    All my potatoes
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Lidrster wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    12 hour maintenance... Some people will miss their Coffee coins, R.I.P. I think that might be me too.

Yeah, I was thinking that too. What a nice maintenance for european players.
    We will probably miss one day because of it, killing the consecutive login count.

Yeah, this is uncool. And obviously we won't get a compensation.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    You say its not a server merge but what els would take them 12 hours+ because long maintenance never end when they should if it isnt a server merge what could it be any ideas

A server merge would be announced long in advance, as much as 90 days, since guild castles, rented housing, and farm plots would have to be allowed to lapse and all shut down by attrition. It can't be a server merge; dagnabbit!
  • AmelinaAmelina
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,400
    12 hour maintenance... Some people will miss their Coffee coins, R.I.P. I think that might be me too.

We will probably miss one day because of it, killing the consecutive login count.

Not sure if you guys know, but there is already a way in the game to counteract this. If you talk to Gwen when she is out in delivery you can ask her to increase your consecutive days, or your total log ins, this happens after the 5th time you talk to her, and the 10th time. Also, it would be completely unfair of them to not do a compensation, they have done so before, but if they don't there already technically is one.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Let's not freak out yet, guys. -_-
    Kitsuyasha
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Amelina wrote: »

Not sure if you guys know, but there is already a way in the game to counteract this. If you talk to Gwen when she is out in delivery you can ask her to increase your consecutive days, or your total log ins, this happens after the 5th time you talk to her, and the 10th time. Also, it would be completely unfair of them to not do a compensation, they have done so before, but if they don't there already technically is one.

Didn't people point out that you must not miss a single day to get 30 day reward?
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    It's just a single data value in your account record. They'll just twiddle that so that everyone is happy. Those folks that messed up before this maintenance are likely to get their record made nice nice for freezies.
    LeineiWolfsinger
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    As long as the maint ends on schedule we'll have 7 hrs yet to get the days coins. If (if being the key word here) it ends on schedule.
    Leinei wrote: »
    Let's not freak out yet, guys. -_-

Ahh Ferghus broke Mabinogi again!! the world is going to end!
  • roseangelroseangel
    Mabinogi Rep: 925
    I was wondering why I couldn't reach the servers all day ;;
    Haa i called it see you in 6 hours
  • EremiyahEremiyah
    Mabinogi Rep: 820
    Still not finished? I still get the "server cannot be reached"
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    edited April 24, 2019
    Eremiyah wrote: »
    Still not finished? I still get the "server cannot be reached"

It took just a few min extra apparently. On discord they just said it's now up.
  • SorathSorath
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,085
    Hey look, my hotkeys are gone. Among other things.
    FOXAssassin
  • FOXAssassinFOXAssassin
    Mabinogi Rep: 850
    Sorath wrote: »
    Hey look, my hotkeys are gone. Among other things.

My extra skill bars are also gone. Resetting hotkeys is one thing. But no matter what I do I can't get my two extra skill bars to return
    Dragoolfire
  • SheraleSherale
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,005
    I'm with Sorath here

All my hotkeys are gone, inventory has been moved erratically, and all my little icons have been moved [like the dorcha bar, clock, etc]

But a friend who uses Nexon through Steam cannot get on yet. Says Servers are still unreachable.
    GFK
  • LadameLadame
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,600
    Seconded about the steam thing, my wife and I can't log in on steam. ^^;