Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Larry96Larry96
Mabinogi Rep: 400
edited January 27, 2020 in General Chat

Comments

• WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    2rpocc.jpg
    Crimsọn
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited May 7, 2019
    Oh boiiii, our monthly thread is finally here!!!!

This doesn't make sense. Less people would mean less demand therefore the price shouldn't rise. So... Blaming population for inflation is dumb.
    But we also have less items because we have less people...
    You know what? Blame gachas and gold buyers/sellers. We have ton of those.
    WolfsingerSheena
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    edited May 7, 2019
    Blame players spamming stuff bringing more gold into that data bowl we call a bank.

The more gold you have, less valuable gold becomes means more gold to spend to make them feel like you had paid enough of your "Time" with them.

This is the fate of all games with player economy, unless we have a HUGE gold sink or a massive nerf to gold gains.

Although most of all blame mules and bots for bringing more gold into the economy.
  • Larry96Larry96
    edited January 27, 2020
  • Larry96Larry96
    edited January 27, 2020
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    The richer sellers already are the longer they can afford to sit on a price. If every buyer was willing to say "Nope that's too much. I really want that but not at that price" then the markets would be different. But there's always someone who, despite knowing they are overpaying, will nonetheless buy anyway. If markets are messed up, blame the buyers. They're the ones that keep rewarding the sellers for their patience. And they do it over and over again.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    edited May 7, 2019
    Yep that is true I guess the safer way on how a game dies is by player hands if Devs give them the power to do so.

This is why we can't have nice things without heavy restrictions. Restrictions that limit how pathetic we can become to endanger a game trying to be true for itself. Players with humor destroys a game, players with power hunger destroys a game, players with drama destroys a game, and finally players who felt entitled destroys a game. Harness your inner petty and become more chill...

It all comes to players being invaders to a game full of NPCs only to have the home they exist in destroyed by trouble brought by the players from another world. They Blame ALL Of Us, they even blame the god who created them as to why they let us do what we do to destroy the world they live in questioning the god's divnity of domain powerless to stop our relentless destruction leading many to demise. Your the monsters wearing the skin of Heroes and Villains.

Welp time to use this idea to make a manga of, thanks for being petty everyone your personality is what created a bit interesting Manga. "What if the world you live in is artificial with everything scripted to happen, what if your fate is to be ended by someone? Someone not of this world...?"
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Funny how this thread went from server merge to bots and inflation.

Welp, I'll see myself out.
    Jayy124
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Gaby5011 wrote: »

Cause people think that server merge will magically fix every problem, grievance, and issue they have. Bot problem? Server merge! Inflation? Server merge! Lead in the water pipes? Server merge! Mum-Ra hatching an evil scheme to rule the world? SERVER MERGE!!!!
    WolfsingerCrimsọn
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    GTCvActium wrote: »

Cause people think that server merge will magically fix every problem, grievance, and issue they have. Bot problem? Server merge! Inflation? Server merge! Lead in the water pipes? Server merge! Mum-Ra hatching an evil scheme to rule the world? SERVER MERGE!!!!

I didn't claim that server merge will fix such things, but i lately noticed some individuals getting such conclusions and i thought it was funny too.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Greta wrote: »
    GTCvActium wrote: »

I didn't claim that server merge will fix such things, but i lately noticed some individuals getting such conclusions and i thought it was funny too.

A server merge wouldn't stop botting, or folks charging high prices for items, or griefing, or trolling; how could it? A server merge would happen if enough people want it; that's about it.
    Kitsuyasha
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Larry96 wrote: »
    How many from here in the forum, nothing else do their dailys and leave the game?

I don't even do dailies, unless there is an event involved.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Gaea wrote: »
    How many from here in the forum, nothing else do their dailys and leave the game?

It's a chore even at basic level. I stopped doing them towards the end of this coffee event.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

It's a chore even at basic level. I stopped doing them towards the end of this coffee event.

Yeah I stopped yesterday, hell I didn't even login yesterday. XD
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    edited May 7, 2019

I'm exhausted, so when I cash in my awards today or tomorrow, I'm just gonna do something else.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

I'm exhausted, so when I cash in my awards today or tomorrow, I'm just gonna do something else.

Yeah tbh I've been contemplating returning to Vindictus.
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    If there was an increase supply.... more people together. prices would eventually start going down a bit. If I am right, its basic economics, but who cares anymore?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    If there was an increase supply.... more people together. prices would eventually start going down a bit. If I am right, its basic economics, but who cares anymore?

No because we purposely horde stuff and trickle it out when we need gold. It's like if you have a dozen 67th enchants, you're not going to put them out all at once. That will devalue them real quick. But if you sell one, wait, then sell another one - you create the illusion of scarcity and you can reap in massive profits.

I do it. A lot of people do it. We've been doing this for YEARS. That's why the market is screwed up.
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    edited May 7, 2019
    Don't get ahold of yourself. You have no impact in this game.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 7, 2019
    Pan wrote: »
    Don't get ahold of yourself. You have no impact in this game.

What does that even mean? Do you mean don't get ahead of myself? I never said I am the sole reason for the monopoly of the market if that's what you are implying. I did say we all do it. Get a hold of yourself. XD

giphy.gif
    AlshianPan