Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[Announcement] Server Merge & FAQ

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I was wondering where the Apocalypse was

Iran, N Korea, China, Russia... oh wait not the actual apocalyspe.
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    A little surprised that not all the servers were merged period. Also surprised a bit t hat Mari was included in there....I'm just waiting for a big enough incentive for most players to log in and flood the new server. Unless the new server can maintain the load of chracters they are transfering over. ^^ That would be great.

• ookieookie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,925
    edited May 9, 2019
    i was told that many many many players in NK hated it after the merge....was told lots of problems, but once done they couldn't reverse it
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Thanks for the biggest disappointment of the year so far.
    Zeo
  • LastSaturdayLastSaturday
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,215
    Greta wrote: »

If I had a penny for everytime I've heard that

If I had a penny for everytime I've heard that

A pretty penny?
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    They should of kept the unique name much like the guild name across all servers. Opening it up back in the day was the big mistake, otherwise transfering would of been smoother.

What's the disappointment? Now we will have a bigger pool of good ppl to play with and hopefully GM and Moderators can now manage the game better? Least I hope to see more interaction with them to maintain this game..... Or less. =.=

Seriously they should of just made it one big server. No where to run. No where to hide. Really is the last chance they have at maintaining imo cause they will loose profits if they can't deal with the bad sheeps this time around as there is no excuse.
  • TakaryuTakaryu
    Mabinogi Rep: 510
    So why is Alexina being excluded from this server merge?
    Zeo
  • GretaGreta
    Takaryu wrote: »

Because apparently, according to Nexon, it has "healthy" population.
    Zeo

What is the definition of healthy?
  • GretaGreta
    edited May 9, 2019

What is the definition of healthy?

Not quite sure, but having half of our population as alts and afkers instead of actual active players does not look healthy to me at all.
    WolfsingerZeo
  • NapoleonNapoleon
    Mabinogi Rep: 875
    Gotta say, as someone with a really old old name on this game...not looking forward to the name issue at all. Really hoping the solution you guys come up with is pretty good to save my name. I've had this name since 2008 and I'd like to keep it as is if possible. :(
    Starthepurple1ookie
  • AkkedoAkkedo
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,120
    Soo I'm not sure if this can be answered as of yet and hopefully this makes sense, but say we have a character of the same name on two different servers: "Aizyr". With the merge the two characters will now be Aizyr-Ruairi and Aizyr-Mari rather than just "Aizyr". Once the name changes come out can we just remove the +Mari on one since the other's name would technically now be "Aizyr+Ruairi" not the original "Aizyr"? Basically, can one of the new name owners claim their original name once the name changes come out or is that name lost forever?

Asking because my 12 year old self made another account with the same name on a different server back in like 08 and I have no idea what the info is to delete it. :u
    Aizyr wrote: »
    Soo I'm not sure if this can be answered as of yet and hopefully this makes sense, but say we have a character of the same name on two different servers: "Aizyr". With the merge the two characters will now be Aizyr-Ruairi and Aizyr-Mari rather than just "Aizyr". Once the name changes come out can we just remove the +Mari on one since the other's name would technically now be "Aizyr+Ruairi" not the original "Aizyr"? Basically, can one of the new name owners claim their original name once the name changes come out or is that name lost forever?

Asking because my 12 year old self made another account with the same name on a different server back in like 08 and I have no idea what the info is to delete it. :u

This should answer your questions.

Q: Will my character name be changed during the merge? What happens if there are multiple characters with the same name?
    A: Characters (pets, partners, characters) with duplicate names will have their name changed to 'Name+Server', e.g. Name+Mari, Name+Ruairi, Name+Tarlach.

- A duplicate name can be a pet, partner, or character name, across these three servers.
    e.g. If a pet is named 'Potato' on one server, and a character is named 'Potato' on another server, both names will be changed.

-However, if there are no duplicate character names, the character name will remain unaffected.

Q: Will I be able to change my character name?
    A: We are working on bringing the name change option for character names after the merge. More information on this option will be provided in a future update.

Q: What happens if an account is inactive during the merge?
    A: All accounts will be merged. However, pet names on inactive accounts will be renamed.

- An account is considered inactive if it has not logged in since June 3rd, 2017.
    - The pet names will be changed to a sequence of numbers such as, Pet000000 ... Pet123456.
  • Starthepurple1Starthepurple1
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,000
    edited May 9, 2019
    Umm I hate to ask, but when the merge happens our dressing room will be
    safe and transferred with us ... right? and also pet invs...?
    Sherri
  • mayltaylmayltayl
    Mabinogi Rep: 820
    edited May 9, 2019
    Pretty sure my character name was used in other servers since I created my character way back in 2008 with simple common name. I would implore they just move forward with implementing a name changing service asap on the server merge is completed. I'm a bit sad that I will probably have to change my character name but the idea of having "Ruairi" attached to the end of my name irks me a lot more.
    NapoleonSenji
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Unless you like the server like you were in love with it or it's your future hubby/wife then it'd be a good thing to have +Mari; +Ruari; +Tarlac? Or for future nostalgia that there were servers named that and the new ppl never knew about it. If it ever goes that far.
    edited May 9, 2019
    Umm I hate to ask, but when the merge happens our dressing room will be
    safe and transferred with us ... right? and also pet invs...?

Everything on your account will be merged onto the 1 server, each character should keep their independent wardrobes. One would hope.
    Starthepurple1
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Oh god.. there goes my privacy..
    Kaga
  • GretaGreta
    Sherri wrote: »
    Oh god.. there goes my privacy..

Where it goes?