Check out the patch notes for the October 15th update: https://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/23838/
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

It's official: merge baby merge

Comments

  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 33,640
    Posts: 7,728
    Member
    Alexina is a server surrounded by Nao.
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,425
    Posts: 1,114
    Member
    Gaea wrote: »
    Harukari wrote: »
    >We did it guys, server merge is happening
    >Hears it's only Tarlach, Ruairi, and Mari
    >Whines that Alexina is left out

    Nothing makes you people happy, does it?

    I mean the majority of Alexina player didn't want a server merge. Many threatened to leave the game. Well Alexina, you get to keep on being Alexina. Now shut up. XD

    I find that a little sad, but then I've never seen the point of the drama so....rip.
    I just wanted to chat with people I actually knew cause basically all my friends are gone living life while I'm still here so XDD
    My only option stands to actually make that other character on another server, but that means leaving everything I've fought tooth and nail for in Alexina, which is part of my hang-up on making that character previously, so...
    I'm still very hung-up XP
    FOXAssassin
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 50,700
    Posts: 7,726
    Member
    OMG MY AMBASSADOR CHARACTERS WILL BE MERGED. This is awesome. Increased bank space! YEAH!

    Except Aambassador. You will still be useful for trolling Alexina. :trollface:
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 15,810
    Posts: 3,486
    Member
    That some non-Alexina folks are enjoying that some on Alexina folks are upset about not being included in the merge is actually an encouraging thing. First of all, it is internet so we shouldn't be surprised by this behavior, but second, what this shows is that only hours after the announcement, folks from three different servers are already finding a sense of community. There may be technical problems post merge but if this is any kind of indication then there won't be any social problems on the new server. That this was a partial merger is not surprising given that businesses are conservative by nature when it comes to big decisions. With a partial merge, Nexon is hedging it's bets. If it see's that the world won't blow up then they can be less apprehensive about completing the merge process. That the soon to be New-Nao folks are already seeing each other as "us", even in such a manner, is actually encouraging.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 33,640
    Posts: 7,728
    Member
    Helsa wrote: »
    That some non-Alexina folks are enjoying that some on Alexina folks are upset about not being included in the merge is actually an encouraging thing. First of all, it is internet so we shouldn't be surprised by this behavior, but second, what this shows is that only hours after the announcement, folks from three different servers are already finding a sense of community. There may be technical problems post merge but if this is any kind of indication then there won't be any social problems on the new server. That this was a partial merger is not surprising given that businesses are conservative by nature when it comes to big decisions. With a partial merge, Nexon is hedging it's bets. If it see's that the world won't blow up then they can be less apprehensive about completing the merge process. That the soon to be New-Nao folks are already seeing each other as "us", even in such a manner, is actually encouraging.

    Us? Us you say? They better get off my lawn. xD
    Wolfsinger
  • AkirachuAkirachu
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,005
    Posts: 266
    Member
    cant wait to see the guild battle and how many ppl leave there guilds for the titles XD
    KensamaofmariWolfsinger
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,330
    Posts: 473
    Member
    edited May 9, 2019
    Never mind.
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,850
    Posts: 348
    Member
    edited May 9, 2019
    the meme has finally been realized
    dWC6GPn.png

    just got home from work so I probably missed most of the madness. friend told me some people are miffed about alexina (themselves included) not being part of it, but me im more indifferent I would be fine with with either option (I'm from alexina), at least the other 3 servers got it because theres no arguing they need it more than alexina. anyways congrats and good luck on the merge.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 33,640
    Posts: 7,728
    Member
    Veylaine wrote: »
    the meme has finally been realized
    dWC6GPn.png

    just got home from work so I probably missed most of the madness. friend told me some people are miffed about alexina not being part of it, but me im more indifferent I would be fine with with either option, at least the other 3 servers got it because theres no arguing they need it more than alexina. anyways congrats and good luck on the merge.

    Madness?
    THIS IS MABINOGI!
    VeylaineWolfsinger
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 50,700
    Posts: 7,726
    Member
    edited May 9, 2019
    brace-yourself-merge-conflicts-are-coming.jpg
    VeylaineKensamaofmariWolfsinger
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,305
    Posts: 486
    Member
    edited May 9, 2019
    Server Merge in a nutshell:
    Wonder Woman = Alexina
    Shazam Family = Nao

    27umxt.gif

    giphy.gif
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 15,810
    Posts: 3,486
    Member
    Helsa wrote: »
    That some non-Alexina folks are enjoying that some on Alexina folks are upset about not being included in the merge is actually an encouraging thing. First of all, it is internet so we shouldn't be surprised by this behavior, but second, what this shows is that only hours after the announcement, folks from three different servers are already finding a sense of community. There may be technical problems post merge but if this is any kind of indication then there won't be any social problems on the new server. That this was a partial merger is not surprising given that businesses are conservative by nature when it comes to big decisions. With a partial merge, Nexon is hedging it's bets. If it see's that the world won't blow up then they can be less apprehensive about completing the merge process. That the soon to be New-Nao folks are already seeing each other as "us", even in such a manner, is actually encouraging.

    Us? Us you say? They better get off my lawn. xD

    image.jpg
    KensamaofmariWolfsinger
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,510
    Posts: 753
    Member
    People in Alexina didn't want a merge because our server is populated and laggy enough... and now there are trolls demanding a four-server merge?

    No. Those people don't speak for the Alexina players who never wanted a merge. Every time this topic came up there were tons of Alexinans who voted "no merge" because they couldn't understand or empathise with how dead the other three servers were.
    Gonna call it out - some of these are just scumbags who were happy to mock the "dead" servers but are now panicking at the idea of possibly becoming the dead server themselves. They're forgetting the whole reason people wanted a merge in the first place - there's a population imbalance; everyone's on Alexina.

    I hope Nexon knows better than to listen to the screaming minority over the silent majority who are content with things as they are. Alexina has plenty of people doing public raids and missions, keeping the market supplied, and lagging up all the event areas. We never needed to be a part of any impending merges.

    In the tiny, TINY chance that the future population of either server drops to ghost town levels again, I would still prefer that they merge the other three servers first. That way they can learn how to deal with all the possible issues that might come up, so that any future merges involving Alexina will go much more smoothly.
    violetkittWolfsingerChaosShadow
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,755
    Posts: 940
    Member
    Eralea wrote: »
    People in Alexina didn't want a merge because our server is populated and laggy enough... and now there are trolls demanding a four-server merge?

    No. Those people don't speak for the Alexina players who never wanted a merge. Every time this topic came up there were tons of Alexinans who voted "no merge" because they couldn't understand or empathise with how dead the other three servers were.
    Gonna call it out - some of these are just scumbags who were happy to mock the "dead" servers but are now panicking at the idea of possibly becoming the dead server themselves. They're forgetting the whole reason people wanted a merge in the first place - there's a population imbalance; everyone's on Alexina.

    I hope Nexon knows better than to listen to the screaming minority over the silent majority who are content with things as they are. Alexina has plenty of people doing public raids and missions, keeping the market supplied, and lagging up all the event areas. We never needed to be a part of any impending merges.

    In the tiny, TINY chance that the future population of either server drops to ghost town levels again, I would still prefer that they merge the other three servers first. That way they can learn how to deal with all the possible issues that might come up, so that any future merges involving Alexina will go much more smoothly.

    well I am probably one of the few Alexina players that has always been a supporter of getting a server merge. the player population problem effects everyone while I certainly agree the other servers need this merge the most however I have been with Alexina for over 10 years and population is slowly shrinking. to have a healthy and active community all the servers should be included. a dying server is nothing to laugh at, just cause some players from Alexina were rude towards other servers is no reason to make every single player on Alexina suffer by just leaving it out. if it was another server being left out players from that server would react the same way and want to defend it. now is the perfect time to put all this server war stuff aside and merge everyone creating a healthy community for all mabi players.
    ZeoGretaTwelie
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    Posts: 521
    Member
    I find it very interesting that we get called ‘troll’ for wanting Alexina to be merged with rest of the server. I have been on Alexina server for a very long time and I’m one of those players that are in favor of merging all four servers into one server for a long time. There’s some Alexina players who also want that to happens. Also, I see that some players are making fun of us for being very upset/disappointed about Alexina not being merged which is a big yikes too.

    It’s more healthy and better for Mabinogi if we just have one server for everyone to play on while we get the constant traffic of new players joining without having to decide on which server to join, lol.
    NegumikoGretaTwelie
  • ZeldaFoxZeldaFox
    Mabinogi Rep: 610
    Posts: 4
    Member
    Liberate wrote: »
    Is the server name already decided, or is Nexon open to suggestions? I'll be honest with my opinion here, but Nao sucks. Her personality is as flat and uninteresting as her breasts are large. Can we at least name the server something else? Like Iunno...Pihne? Marleid?


    ....Bliss?

    The original beta server was called Nao before being renamed into Mari.

    IqgDYkl.jpg

    Phew, a lot of those names hit me right in the nostalgia. I forgot poptarts, most of those peeps were my OG friends too. I wonder how they're all doing these days....
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 46,045
    Posts: 6,831
    Member
    edited May 10, 2019
    Eralea wrote: »
    People in Alexina didn't want a merge because our server is populated and laggy enough... and now there are trolls demanding a four-server merge?

    TF is this claim? Who said that? When? I was always supporting all server merge and so many others too. The level of assumption here is too high for my brain to process... :/ You are the troll here, because i am no troll for wanting something that's so logical.

    So disappointed in you. You seemed like a nice person, but i guess i was wrong this time.
    ZeoAlshianNegumikoWolfsingerTwelie
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,755
    Posts: 1,230
    Member
    Greta wrote: »
    Eralea wrote: »
    People in Alexina didn't want a merge because our server is populated and laggy enough... and now there are trolls demanding a four-server merge?

    TF is this claim? Who said that? When? I was always supporting all server merge and so many others too. The level of assumption here is too high for my brain to process... :/ You are the troll here, because i am no troll for wanting something that's so logical.

    So disappointed in you. You seemed like a nice person, but i guess i was wrong this time.

    Eralea is the true troll...prob a fashinogi and not a late gamer, we hardly had enough strong players and having a merge would do us late gamers good because we had more players to do content with. Also I find it better to have only one server so that GMs would visit one server instead of in favor of another plus more new player traffic without needing to choose between servers.

    Sure it will cause flaws and issues but that is something we players need to deal with, if they make the server work then that is fine by me, players fighting among themselves is THEY'RE problem not Nexon's.

    I like the idea of making the community to grow not be placed between walls just because of trivial reasons that can be handled by players themselves, all Nexon need to do was make the server stable to host all those players while the rest is up to us. We have no need for Drama queens.
    Greta
  • FalaflameFalaflame
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,260
    Posts: 36
    Member
    I'm saddened that I missed all the salt. Because holy hell, the entitlement is real.

    Yeah, it sucks that Alexina server doesn't get to participate in the merging stuff, but honestly, how many of you actually remember this?

    x9HTLIh5pOOowAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png
    HarukariWolfsinger
  • CeuiCeui
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,310
    Posts: 28
    Member
    edited May 10, 2019
    Yes, let's build a wall between Alexina and Nao. Make Mabinogi great again.

    Jokes aside, I think it would be better to merge all the servers. Not sure why they decided to keep Alexina out.
    GretaKensamaofmari