Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Nao Sever PvP

FaithrendFaithrend
Mabinogi Rep: 985
edited May 24, 2019 in General Chat
With the merge drawing near all that’s on my mind is EvsG and PvP as well as the guild battle just imagine top tier players fighting it out to see who’s the best from where in the streets of dunbarton not to mention top guilds from each sever going at it in guild battle this is something I’m very excited about what’s your opinion on pvp coming back what guild do you think will best represent your server as the top guild thanks everyone see you on the field ;)
  1. Will you be returning to PvP on Nao server?38 votes
    1. Yes
       24% (9 votes)
    2. No
       76% (29 votes)

Comments

• DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    edited May 24, 2019
    Sorry, people get salty when Celestial Spike gets used, or Final (Skill). Therefore I wont pvp. And don't call them skills cheating, it aint.
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Faithrend wrote: »
    what’s your opinion on pvp coming back

I don't know how much of a dedicated community PvP and guild battles have at this point in time (and across each server), but if the tradition can be carried over, combined, and regularly maintained on the Nao server when it arrives, then godspeed.
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    kgCFmCJ.png

I've got a really nice pvp score, so I don't plan on ever participating in any further battles, but it'll be kinda nice to see what each server'll bring to the table.
    Faithrend
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Sorry, people get salty when Celestial Spike gets used, or Final (Skill). Therefore I wont pvp. And don't call them skills cheating, it aint.

I don't consider manashield cheating either. :)
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited May 24, 2019
    I find it extremely dumb and funny when someone hosts a PvP tournament and makes a list of "banned" skills where usually it ends up only left with basic Close Combat skills, few begginer Magic skills and other unaffective or useless skills. Lol.
  • VenezziaofArcadiaVenezziaofArcadia
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,270
    Never done PvP, never will. Find it far more amusing to see people doing it and then complaining about how the other side cheats.
    VeylaineRadiant DawnWolfsingerroseangel
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Greta wrote: »
    I find it extremely dumb and funny when someone hosts a PvP tournament and makes a list of "banned" skills where usually it ends up only left with basic Close Combat skills, few begginer Magic skills and other unaffective or useless skills. Lol.

I really hate when pvp tournaments are gimped like that. Imo if you don't want to fight me with EVERYTHING I have worked hard to get and rank then I have already won. Cowards.

Besides there are ways to get around "banned" skills. smhlol.
  • OwntrolfOwntrolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,000
    Gaea wrote: »

I really hate when pvp tournaments are gimped like that. Imo if you don't want to fight me with EVERYTHING I have worked hard to get and rank then I have already won. Cowards.

no point for me pvping because people hate firebolt spam
  • GretaGreta
    edited May 25, 2019
    Owntrolf wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »

no point for me pvping because people hate firebolt spam

People even hate if you use normal attack as Ninja or Chain more than 3 times.
    Yes, you read it right. Saw such rules few times. You can get disqualified from using too much ranged basic attack.

I think i still have a screenshot somewhere of these made up rules, but i need PC for that. Might upload it here later. You will see how ridiculous it is lol.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Honestly, if you were to pvp were you suppose to give it everything you got?

Oh well, not like I pvp anyways, beside taking part of some guild battles, can't complain if I use skills you were to ban because it is only me being tactical than being called out for cheating for using a feature intended. Pvp is busted anyways, more onto the Pve notion of the game really expressing the most about in Mabinogi without worry of player made rules instead of true rules of just using anything you have.

I guess players see Pvp as a honor bound battle instead of fun.
    GretaRadiant DawnWolfsingerDarkpixie99
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited May 25, 2019
    /************************************************************\
    *·DISCLAIMER: since the following post is not made by an employee of··*
    *·Nexon or any of its affiliates or partners, what is contained therein is······*
    *·ultimately speculation. Until Nexon or any of its affiliates or partners·····*
    *·has spoken definitively on the matters to be discussed, do not take them···*
    *·as granted, even if the language used happens to make it seem so.··········*
    \************************************************************/

I don't PvP either. There are some PvPs on my record though but that was for assault slashing out of a map, er I mean that's when I was new to the game and learning about it; cough cough. I have friends that do PvP, and my understanding is that PvP has "unwritten rules". It seems to me that such things could be programmed into the PvP set up window using check boxes and so on. The only "PvPing" I do is jousting, since you can't have an equipment advantage, and mods won't help you.
  • GretaGreta
    Alshian wrote: »

Nice quote. I couldn't agree more.

Here's few fragments of PvP Tournament rules:

21KmhBj.png
    adXBzip.png
    gaELOgg.png

:D
    AlshianWolfsingerGembi
  • AlshianAlshian
    Alshian wrote: »

Nice quote. I couldn't agree more.

Here's few fragments of PvP Tournament rules:

21KmhBj.png
    adXBzip.png
    gaELOgg.png

:D

Heh Cant use a shield or armor huh? This is only a fragment of the rules? Talk about restrictive.
    Greta
  • GretaGreta
    PvP community is pretty much toxic i could say. Seen same individuals doing PvP/EvG in Dunbarton and Tailltean Stonehenge for hours. The way they chat with each other seemed really rude and silly as well.
    I once forgot that i had turned on my EvG just so i could understand how it worked and forgot to turn it off after few minutes. The next thing i remember is me going out from Dunbarton Bank and hear a dog whimper. Realized that my pet dog got shot with lightning bolt. Don't remember if i was attacked or not, but i think i ran away asap and turned EvG off, lucky thing that this happened in a crowd so maybe they didn't have time to find me.
  • SnormieSnormie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
    edited May 26, 2019
    I don't pvp anymore since the very first combat revamp/overhaul came out.

But I honestly want to say after reading everything I can tell just about all of you have no idea what you really are talking about.

The main reasons why they restrict stuff, is because:
    1.Some of it cannot at all be stopped or countered.
    2.A lot of skills are spam and take zero player effort and skill to do, and you cannot break out of it.
    3.Restricting some skills actually makes pvp more enjoyable because you have to think and plan your next move a lot more carefully or it could cost you.
    4.The shields/armor rule is because of the auto defenses and in the end comes down to who has the best equipment which again, no skill involved.

Now I do pvp within a closed circle of friends, or if I ever make a guild again I do make restrictions, which is for the main reason so everyone has a better fair chance to win, if I used my max out human main against friends who are 3-4 maybe 5k total, I would 1 shot them all with 0%, and with my gear.

Now I understand the argument "well I should be able to use everything I have achieved" and if this was any other game/Mechanics I would agree.. But once again, do you want me to do 500-1k smash on 0% while you do 1-50 dmg? If you do, then you probably shouldn't be a pvper ever again hahahahahahaha.

Im just saying, it's about honor, balance, respect, and trying to give back to player skill, than easy, lazy boring stale mechanics.

IN THE END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This game SUUUUCKKKKS COMPLETELY when it comes to pvp, and that's the bottom line.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Even if Pvp got better, any Pvp would make anyone Salty enough to be the drama queen of the month <3
    Wolfsinger
  • Donk3yDonk3y
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,050
    The QQ regarding the pvp rules some people make is completely dumb...

It's THEIR tournament, with THEIR rules, if you even want to participate you have to ACCEPT the rules. Nobody is making you participate, you're FREE to do so.

Why the hell does it matter to you if they do the tournament with restrictions or not? If you don't like the restrictions, don't participate, it's THAT simple, literally no need to complain about it.
    It's like complaining that some raffle only allows people to buy one ticket, which means you can't get a higher chance of winning by buying more tickets... It's just silly and lacks logic.

Besides, Mabinogi is NOT a pvp game, and I'm sorry to say, but this game has BY FAR the worst pvp system I have EVER seen in a game. Pvp is basically an afterthought in this game, evidenced by how unbalanced it is.
  • GretaGreta
    edited May 27, 2019
    Donk3y wrote: »
    The QQ regarding the pvp rules some people make is completely dumb...

It's THEIR tournament, with THEIR rules, if you even want to participate you have to ACCEPT the rules. Nobody is making you participate, you're FREE to do so.

Why the hell does it matter to you if they do the tournament with restrictions or not? If you don't like the restrictions, don't participate, it's THAT simple, literally no need to complain about it.
    It's like complaining that some raffle only allows people to buy one ticket, which means you can't get a higher chance of winning by buying more tickets... It's just silly and lacks logic.

Besides, Mabinogi is NOT a pvp game, and I'm sorry to say, but this game has BY FAR the worst pvp system I have EVER seen in a game. Pvp is basically an afterthought in this game, evidenced by how unbalanced it is.

The point is that such tournaments reveal how toxic and unbalanced Mabinogi PvP is.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    .....Maybe people should be asking for PvP revamp?
  • GretaGreta
    Arjune wrote: »
    .....Maybe people should be asking for PvP revamp?

Well maybe? But i have no ideas how to revamp it on such game...