Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the May Quality of Life Updates! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91455/may-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-may-9th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

NaO SeRveR PoPUlaTIon WiLL bE SimILaR tO aLeXiNA

Comments

  • DevotionDevotion
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,395
    Posts: 39
    Member
    edited July 5, 2019
    Devotion wrote: »
    If the merged Nao server was shown to have a lower population than Alexina server, Alexina players would have been perfectly happy with their server population. They wouldn't be complaining how "dead" their server is. This is just envy more than anything else.

    Mabinogi being merged suddenly into one server is a clear sign of a dead game. If that single server is lacking in population the game is dead. Look at Dragon Nest.

    I think the best option would be to maintain two strong servers, so that there is a merge option in the future.

    Server merges are meant to rescue dying servers, but excessive merges ultimately lead to a dying game.

    And hypes are not indicators of growth, they are temporary lol
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,410
    Posts: 5,784
    Member
    It's not about the hype it's about all of us being together.

    GretaRadiant DawnSakura2503KitiniChaosShadow
  • HankrillonHankrillon
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,485
    Posts: 34
    Member
    edited July 5, 2019
    Devotion wrote: »

    You've given no reasons why it's wrong. I already told you being left-out of the hype wasn't a reason to merge. I also explained that a having a single server is one step closer to a dead game, using Dragon Nest as a prime example.

    Some people just don't have common sense :/

    DOZg6.png
    Now as we can clearly see from this image the hype is dying down, as predicted.

    That screenshot was taken at the games deadest hours after Nao's channel 1 had just gotten nuked, if you refer to my comment talking about the events that have statistics we can actually measure and use to judge server activity you'd see that the difference is still pretty massive.
    Hankrillon wrote: »
    Eralea wrote: »
    DOZg6.png

    Now that we've settled down and the people who temporarily returned for the hype have gotten bored, the two populations do look quite similar.

    Are we done with the merge panic and hasty conclusions yet?

    Using the balloon event to give a decent idea of server activity, as of this second Nao is sitting on 17570 full balloons while Alexina only has 8967 full balloons. I'm willing to say that's a better guide than the population meters shown there.

    EDIT: Also, didn't Nao's channel 1 get nuked earlier?
    Another EDIT: Looking at the instant prize event too, Nao's gold/coin entries are at 0/2 1/3, 4/5 7/7, and 29/100 103/200 while Alexina's at 0/2 0/3, 0/5 5/7, and 11/100 32/200.

    Greta
  • DevotionDevotion
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,395
    Posts: 39
    Member
    edited July 5, 2019
    Hankrillon wrote: »
    Devotion wrote: »

    You've given no reasons why it's wrong. I already told you being left-out of the hype wasn't a reason to merge. I also explained that a having a single server is one step closer to a dead game, using Dragon Nest as a prime example.

    Some people just don't have common sense :/

    DOZg6.png
    Now as we can clearly see from this image the hype is dying down, as predicted.

    That screenshot was taken at the games deadest hours after Nao's channel 1 had just gotten nuked, if you refer to my comment talking about the events that have statistics we can actually measure and use to judge server activity you'd see that the difference is still pretty massive.
    Hankrillon wrote: »
    Eralea wrote: »
    DOZg6.png

    Now that we've settled down and the people who temporarily returned for the hype have gotten bored, the two populations do look quite similar.

    Are we done with the merge panic and hasty conclusions yet?

    Using the balloon event to give a decent idea of server activity, as of this second Nao is sitting on 17570 full balloons while Alexina only has 8967 full balloons. I'm willing to say that's a better guide than the population meters shown there.

    EDIT: Also, didn't Nao's channel 1 get nuked earlier?
    Another EDIT: Looking at the instant prize event too, Nao's gold/coin entries are at 0/2 1/3, 4/5 7/7, and 29/100 103/200 while Alexina's at 0/2 0/3, 0/5 5/7, and 11/100 32/200.

    Your post isn't relevant because you only have one datapoint. That's why I ignored your post lol

    EDIT: I put the two datapoints we were discussing below.
  • DevotionDevotion
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,395
    Posts: 39
    Member
    edited July 5, 2019
    During Hype: 2njvjh0.png

    After Hype: DOZg6.png

    Even if Helsa finds blips of activity at the game's peak activity, it doesn't change the fact that the merge created a hype sensation which steadily declines and will decline further week by week.
  • HankrillonHankrillon
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,485
    Posts: 34
    Member
    Devotion wrote: »
    Hankrillon wrote: »
    Devotion wrote: »

    You've given no reasons why it's wrong. I already told you being left-out of the hype wasn't a reason to merge. I also explained that a having a single server is one step closer to a dead game, using Dragon Nest as a prime example.

    Some people just don't have common sense :/

    DOZg6.png
    Now as we can clearly see from this image the hype is dying down, as predicted.

    That screenshot was taken at the games deadest hours after Nao's channel 1 had just gotten nuked, if you refer to my comment talking about the events that have statistics we can actually measure and use to judge server activity you'd see that the difference is still pretty massive.
    Hankrillon wrote: »
    Eralea wrote: »
    DOZg6.png

    Now that we've settled down and the people who temporarily returned for the hype have gotten bored, the two populations do look quite similar.

    Are we done with the merge panic and hasty conclusions yet?

    Using the balloon event to give a decent idea of server activity, as of this second Nao is sitting on 17570 full balloons while Alexina only has 8967 full balloons. I'm willing to say that's a better guide than the population meters shown there.

    EDIT: Also, didn't Nao's channel 1 get nuked earlier?
    Another EDIT: Looking at the instant prize event too, Nao's gold/coin entries are at 0/2 1/3, 4/5 7/7, and 29/100 103/200 while Alexina's at 0/2 0/3, 0/5 5/7, and 11/100 32/200.

    Your post isn't relevant because you only have one datapoint. That's why I ignored your post lol

    Did you miss the part where the screenshot was taken at the deadest hours of the night, after Nao's channel 1 got nuked? And what about the 2nd data point, the instant prize event is mentioned too. Just because it's only a couple things to go off of doesn't mean it's not relevant or valid, it's the best thing we have right now to actually see how our servers are doing.
    Helsa wrote: »
    Helsa wrote: »
    No, because this has nothing to do with it. It's about all of us being united together. Someone earlier said that if Alexina was still the bigger server there'd be none of this, that was just as wrong as this.

    BTW perhaps not aoUAb0p
    https://imgur.com/a/aoUAb0p

    Waiting for a favorable moment to take an image and claim it as representative of the whole is really not that hard to do. What's been the long term situation? More Mari Ruairi and Tarlach players have come back because they have a vibrant server. Merges don't just save servers they make them grow.

    As shown here in the screenshot provided by Helsa, you can see that the servers are back up to what they were before last night's ch1 nuke. Nothing happened between 4 am pst to now to suddenly hype up the server again, it's just back to as it should have been.

    And one more point, you're going to ignore my post because I "only have one data point" while at the same time you're going to take one screenshot taken at the most optimal time to back up your point as the god sign we've all been waiting for to help us see how things are going? I've provided you hard cold numbers to back up my argument and you'd rather ignore it because the perfect picture says I'm wrong.
    SebastianSherriGreta
  • HankrillonHankrillon
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,485
    Posts: 34
    Member
    edited July 5, 2019
    Devotion wrote: »
    During Hype: 2njvjh0.png

    After Hype: DOZg6.png

    Even if Helsa finds blips of activity at the game's peak activity, it doesn't change the fact that the merge created a hype sensation which steadily declines and will decline further week by week.

    Again, that second screenshot was taken at dead hours of the night after Nao channel 1 got nuked.
    Here's the server traffic right this second - 83c58f0948.png
    GretaChaosShadow
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Posts: 7,909
    Member
    Hankrillon wrote: »
    Devotion wrote: »
    During Hype: 2njvjh0.png

    After Hype: DOZg6.png

    Even if Helsa finds blips of activity at the game's peak activity, it doesn't change the fact that the merge created a hype sensation which steadily declines and will decline further week by week.

    Again, that second screenshot was taken at dead hours of the night after Nao channel 1 got nuked.
    Here's the server traffic right this second - 83c58f0948.png

    Looks about right for a Friday evening/Saturday morning.
  • DevotionDevotion
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,395
    Posts: 39
    Member
    edited July 5, 2019
    Hankrillon wrote: »
    Devotion wrote: »
    During Hype: 2njvjh0.png

    After Hype: DOZg6.png

    Even if Helsa finds blips of activity at the game's peak activity, it doesn't change the fact that the merge created a hype sensation which steadily declines and will decline further week by week.

    Again, that second screenshot was taken at dead hours of the night after Nao channel 1 got nuked.
    Here's the server traffic right this second - 83c58f0948.png

    I'm assuming your first post misunderstood what I meant by datapoints, so I'll only reply to this post.

    I already addressed this though. Comparing your most recent picture with the starting hype picture the values are still nearing each other. Eventually the populations will reach this lvl as intended. DOZg6.png
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Posts: 7,909
    Member
    Mabinogi's server population is like LA's traffic. It fills up during a certain rush hours and then is nearly nonexistent the rest of the day.
  • HankrillonHankrillon
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,485
    Posts: 34
    Member
    edited July 5, 2019
    Devotion wrote: »
    Hankrillon wrote: »
    Devotion wrote: »
    During Hype: 2njvjh0.png

    After Hype: DOZg6.png

    Even if Helsa finds blips of activity at the game's peak activity, it doesn't change the fact that the merge created a hype sensation which steadily declines and will decline further week by week.

    Again, that second screenshot was taken at dead hours of the night after Nao channel 1 got nuked.
    Here's the server traffic right this second - 83c58f0948.png

    I'm assuming your first post misunderstood what I meant by datapoints, so I'll only reply to this post.

    I already addressed this though. Comparing your most recent picture with the starting hype picture the values are still nearing each other. Eventually the populations will reach this lvl as intended. DOZg6.png

    Alright I see what you mean, but that's not at all what you were implying earlier.
    [quote="Devotion;128304"DOZg6.png
    Now as we can clearly see from this image the hype is dying down, as predicted.[/quote]

    "we can clearly see from this image the hype is dying down"
    That's objectively wrong. The numbers say drastically otherwise.

    Mabinogi's server population is like LA's traffic. It fills up during a certain rush hours and then is nearly nonexistent the rest of the day.

    That goes for anything, doesn't really change the state of the servers though? I'd have to see how the traffic looks like at 4 am without either servers' channels getting nuked
    GretaChaosShadow
  • DevotionDevotion
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,395
    Posts: 39
    Member
    edited July 5, 2019
    @Hankrillon We will have to wait until next friday to compare with your picture today, which will show two comparable datapoints.

    Taken by Hankillon Friday, July 5 at 6:12 PST 83c58f0948.png

    Also, you should log the balloon event 1 week after the data from this week to have two datapoints (if you can remember the exact time you found that information). Right now you only have one instance in time (one datapoint).

    The data on Darrig coins will remain irrelevant though, because that is based on rng.
  • HankrillonHankrillon
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,485
    Posts: 34
    Member
    Devotion wrote: »
    @Hankrillon We will have to wait until next friday to compare with your picture today, which will show two comparable datapoints.

    Also, you should log the balloon event 1 week after the data from this week to have two datapoints (if you can remember the exact time you found that information). Right now you only have one instance in time.
    The data on Darrig coins will remain irrelevant though, because that is based on rng.

    You're right that it is rng, but that doesn't just suddenly make it irrelevant. It's a harder metric to measure for sure, but imo it still helps at least a little bit. I'll do that though.
    Greta
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    Posts: 443
    Member
    edited July 5, 2019
    Something tells me that even if six entire months passed. The NA servers aren't going to level out. We're not Korea.
    //SuperEffectiveMerge

    Although it could. But it wouldn't be because of the merge

    6GQjWgT.jpg

    Just loooooook at those monetary stats xD
  • DevotionDevotion
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,395
    Posts: 39
    Member
    Kouyioue wrote: »
    Something tells me that even if six entire months passed. The NA servers aren't going to level out. We're not Korea.
    //SuperEffectiveMerge

    Although it could. But it wouldn't be because of the merge

    6GQjWgT.jpg

    Just loooooook at those monetary stats xD

    At least people have incentive to keep a record of the server populations on a weekly or daily basis.
    Let's see what happens over 6 months. This is kind of interesting...
  • QnaugQnaug
    Mabinogi Rep: 495
    Posts: 24
    Member
    i just hope we have more players to play with, most of the eggs i ran into are alts, people dont do white/black dragon raids as much anymore....
    GretaSherri
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Posts: 6,975
    Member
    Qnaug wrote: »
    i just hope we have more players to play with, most of the eggs i ran into are alts, people dont do white/black dragon raids as much anymore....

    People even don't want to do SM dailies. 3 hours after reset and i had issues getting anyone to do Taillteann daily. Waited for 10 minutes and ended up soloing it. Never had such issue before.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,195
    Posts: 9,186
    Member
    Greta wrote: »
    I hope some people here are just trolling when they tell us to leave everything behind and make new character in Nao. Because this will not work. I'd like to see you leave behind hundreds of worth money and time over Nexon's mistake...

    Well that's what you did to us. Oh just leave your server and join Alexina! We would tell you hell no with similar reasons. Then you guys would continue to troll us and tell new players in the forum to join your server because our servers were dead. I remember.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Posts: 6,975
    Member
    Gaea wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    I hope some people here are just trolling when they tell us to leave everything behind and make new character in Nao. Because this will not work. I'd like to see you leave behind hundreds of worth money and time over Nexon's mistake...

    Well that's what you did to us. Oh just leave your server and join Alexina! We would tell you hell no with similar reasons. Then you guys would continue to troll us and tell new players in the forum to join your server because our servers were dead. I remember.

    For the love of God or someone else you love... Stop assuming what other people said. If one jerk said something, this doesn't mean that other hundred needs to suffer. Please use your head first before talking. So childish...
    ChaosShadow
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    Posts: 445
    Member
    edited July 6, 2019
    Gaea wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    I hope some people here are just trolling when they tell us to leave everything behind and make new character in Nao. Because this will not work. I'd like to see you leave behind hundreds of worth money and time over Nexon's mistake...

    Well that's what you did to us. Oh just leave your server and join Alexina! We would tell you hell no with similar reasons. Then you guys would continue to troll us and tell new players in the forum to join your server because our servers were dead. I remember.

    Okay, I change my mind, getting involved again. First of all, the actions of a few do not equate to the larger whole of Alexina. You, I, and a bunch of others have been around these forums for ages and I think we both know that not every Alexinian to ever breathe on this forum was actively harassing the other servers. Were people doing it? Of course. But it's not like the other servers were entirely innocent either. They weren't a tied up sheep being beaten senselessly. Alexina has been called thousands of things in the past as well. Develop thicker skin in this regard.

    Secondly, while people did tell people to join Alexina, it wasn't the sole decider. Lest you forget, before you pick a server it shows you how active it is. I don't think that's news to you considering this thread has been filled with that same UI to prove and disprove arguments. Let's not forget the [NEW] status, everything out of an Alexinian's control and in Nexon's hands. And don't say we could have voiced the issue more when Nexon took eons to change something smaller like commas. Not everything is our fault.

    Thirdly, I do agree with you on Greta's statement about people leaving Alexina. Partially. Nobody is forcing anyone to go anywhere. And while you guys may have done it when coming to Alexina, let us not forget that those accounts are now on the most active server. If you chose to deviate from it, that's on you. Not Alexina.

    Seriously, this painting of Alexina as a whole of a bunch of mindless harassers has got to stop-- and using it as an argument to justify the position they're in now is nothing but pettiness and a lack of maturity.
    GretaSakura2503NegumikoSherriChaosShadow
This discussion has been closed.