Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Just a rant.

ValenmirValenmir
Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
in General Chat
Am I the only one getting annoyed with how overpriced things are in the game? Like before on some things it was still an arm and a leg you were paying with, but ever since the merge it's now a full body and probably a small child.

This may seem like a dumb example but the piano and harp... Both you can get with 5m ducats, Much like the new drum set. Yes, people will say "but the harp and piano was given out in gachu's so they aren't rare" ans so on. But even before they were in a gachupon, They never in the whole time I've played this game, Ever, went to 14m. The highest I ever remember them being was 8m.
The same for the outfits, They used to be at most 8-10m Now depending on what the outfit is, they go from 50m to even 100m...
Black and white dyes were 1m at most, now are 3m - 5m.
Am I the only one who is finding the prices' getting ridiculous?
  1. Am I the only one who is finding the prices' getting ridiculous?63 votes
    1. Yes it is ridiculous.
       60% (38 votes)
    2. No its realistic.
       10% (6 votes)
    3. It is ridiculous but you can see it being realistic.
       11% (7 votes)
    4. I don't care.
       19% (12 votes)

Comments

• TiroTiro
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
    Outfits cost more because they have introduced outfits that have wing-like drop rates, I would imagine ducat items cost at least 8 mil because if you spent the ducats on red ups you could sell them for that much + you are paying a premium because not everyone has 5m ducats lying around so there is a supply/demand gap, if you wait a day or two the price of the drums will drop to 10m, and if you wait 20 they will be near worthless because the event will give them to everyone.
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
    Tiro wrote: »
    Outfits cost more because they have introduced outfits that have wing-like drop rates, I would imagine ducat items cost at least 8 mil because if you spent the ducats on red ups you could sell them for that much + you are paying a premium because not everyone has 5m ducats lying around so there is a supply/demand gap, if you wait a day or two the price of the drums will drop to 10m, and if you wait 20 they will be near worthless because the event will give them to everyone.

The outfits drop rate has never changed.. they just added more into the gachupons with a special version and normal version. Hell ive gotten the same special outfit twice in two gachupons in one go.
    pawcalypse
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Welcome to the consequence of a server merge
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Agreed, it is completely ridiculous, and most of it is caused by peoples greed.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    The cheaters who turned Alexina's economy into a disaster have moved to Nao, as it is bigger and therefore a better market for dodgy transactions.

Have fun!
    pawcalypse
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited September 20, 2019
    Yeah because of those prices the black market is booming. :D

...and also because this is the worse year for Nexon. My avatar only has the clothes on her back and her weapons. I liquidated everything else (for gold).
    pawcalypseWolfsinger
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    Ducats have always had a high exchange rate due to the effort required to get them.

As for outfits, with any gacha the best thing to do is wait a few days. The first day or two, everybody is scrambling to try and get the most money possible from the types who have to have every new/rare outfit first. Thus, people put up outfits for a higher price on the auction house than they would normally sell for. The normal outfits always have a better drop rate if you don't care about the animation, they should drop significantly in a few days. Usually after about a week the gacha outfit has settled into a good market price once the "gottahaveits" have been satisfied.

I had the special authentic water spirit wear drop but I prefer the look of the pants to the tights and I don't really care about the animation. Problem is there's about 6 people in Alexina trying to sell the normal water spirit wear for 25m and nobody's biting. That price will *not* hold.
    pawcalypseDarkpixie99
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Eralea wrote: »
    The cheaters who turned Alexina's economy into a disaster have moved to Nao, as it is bigger and therefore a better market for dodgy transactions.

Have fun!

And you can't even take responsibility.

*tsk tsk tsk*
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Tayloreski wrote: »
    Am I the only one getting annoyed with how overpriced things are in the game? Like before on some things it was still an arm and a leg you were paying with, but ever since the merge it's now a full body and probably a small child.

This may seem like a dumb example but the piano and harp... Both you can get with 5m ducats, Much like the new drum set. Yes, people will say "but the harp and piano was given out in gachu's so they aren't rare" ans so on. But even before they were in a gachupon, They never in the whole time I've played this game, Ever, went to 14m. The highest I ever remember them being was 8m.
    The same for the outfits, They used to be at most 8-10m Now depending on what the outfit is, they go from 50m to even 100m...
    Black and white dyes were 1m at most, now are 3m - 5m.
    Am I the only one who is finding the prices' getting ridiculous?

WebbedScalyAxisdeer-size_restricted.gif
    Valenmir
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    My favorite rants are the restau kind; just sayin'!
    DragoolfireSebastian
  • NeroyNeroy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,640
    Idk these prices are pretty normal for me (Mari) before the merger. People just saw how high we price it and just said F it, lets make more money why not. It was originally based off of what dye amps go for the current ratio (I.E 600k-800k~ per 1k NX/ so every 10k NX (10$usd) = 5-10mish so outfits from there based on rarity and % ratio from gach applied to outfits making them go for 8M-10M for base and 15-20M+ for the special version
    YummeiWolfsingerpawcalypseSherriLiberate
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    Prices have risen very high, yes. Look for the silver lining, it means you can sell things for a lot now. Gacha probably works well, but for people like me unable to buy gacha, just sell other stuff. It's super easy to rank Blacksmith than in the old days. Find your gap in the market and exploit it to your heart's content. Practice doing this over time and eventually you'll be able to save for that one expensive item you really want.
    Sherri wrote: »
    Agreed, it is completely ridiculous, and most of it is caused by peoples greed.

Is anyone stopping you from being greedy too?
    Policroma
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Neroy wrote: »
    Idk these prices are pretty normal for me (Mari) before the merger. People just saw how high we price it and just said F it, lets make more money why not. It was originally based off of what dye amps go for the current ratio (I.E 600k-800k~ per 1k NX/ so every 10k NX (10$usd) = 5-10mish so outfits from there based on rarity and % ratio from gach applied to outfits making them go for 8M-10M for base and 15-20M+ for the special version

Or, Mari could've lowered prices.
  • NeroyNeroy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,640

You underestimate how Fashionogi the Mari server, it was... fabulous with people in their expensive outfits with 0 gold in their pocket lmao
    WolfsingerLiberateSherri
  • AlexisEUAlexisEU
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,520
    edited September 22, 2019
    It's simple economics, not greed. If something sells for a high price (3x of what it used to be), its worth that much to someone. If someone was to sell something for the old price, it would simply be bought and relisted, and the original seller would be cheated out of 2/3 the money.

Effects of inflation:

Pros:
    Equipment repairs are considered cheaper.

Cons:
    Money gain from activities are less rewarding.

Neutral:
    Item worth. If something is considered to have value, it will be worth appropriately to the inflation.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki

You underestimate how Fashionogi the Mari server, it was... fabulous with people in their expensive outfits with 0 gold in their pocket lmao

It's an attitude like that that keeps this toxic mindset from disappearing.
    AlexisEU wrote: »
    It's simple economics, not greed. If something sells for a high price (3x of what it used to be), its worth that much to someone. If someone was to sell something for the old price, it would simply be bought and relisted, and the original seller would be cheated out of 2/3 the money.

Effects of inflation:

Pros:
    Equipment repairs are considered cheaper.

Cons:
    Money gain from activities are less rewarding.

Neutral:
    Item worth. If something is considered to have value, it will be worth appropriately to the inflation.

Greed IS involved. In the form of the seller.

As is pure idiocy. In the form of the buyer.
    SherriAkkedoWolfsinger
  • WliaWlia
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,205
    Id say its stupid yes but there are few things i noticed to.
    1st those overtrolled items usually never sale i notice this mostly on some outfits that just goes down in price till its gone and usually its huge drop.
    2nd if i take how prices used to be in Ruairi id say its not much different.

The problem sadly is based on how many ppl buy gold and there is allot of them..
    nexon it self sadly just adds oil to fuel this greedy busyness with stupidly low rate gachas and gachas as whole i guess.
    Kinda problem whene gold has Xmore bigger value than NX ppl just simply will go for gold than try luck and fail...as said above booming times for gold sellers...
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Remember when regular dyes were 20k each?
    AlexisEUSherri
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Gaby5011 wrote: »
    Remember when regular dyes were 20k each?

What are they being sold for now? Haven't looked at dyes since the merge.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    People paying those 100m price tags
    Nexon low spawn rates for said gacha item
    Shady Real world trading behind the scene
    Events with ridiculous gold dumps like double digit billions worth.
    Exclusive one time event stuff with no alternatives access/or reskin.
    Poor incentivized gold sink.

Just to start...
    ValenmirDarkpixie99pawcalypse