Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Spider-Shot : What-ever happened to this skill...?

HabimaruHabimaru
Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
edited September 25, 2019 in General Chat
Much as I have witnessed/observed/experienced such a strange phenomenon often known as the so-called Mandela-Effect, I also know that I am not fully up-to-speed on all of the updates/changes that have transpired, but there used to be this skill called Spider-Shot; how-ever, for the life of me and my diligent searching, scrolling, re-reading and looking through my Combat-Skills Tab, I no longer see it in there anywhere.

Was it just removed in a past update that I do not know about or is this some sort of bug/glitch ? The character in question has Tailoring at Rank 8 and Carpentry at Rank 6 and former Grand-Master Archer Title by the way, and Spider-Shot does not show up in the Unlearned Skills-Tab, thus it cannot be missing due to not meeting the minimum requirements. Does anybody even remember the existence of this skill!? O_O

Comments

• WonderWeaselWonderWeasel
    Mabinogi Rep: 925
    Hidden tab my dude
    Jayy124
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Hidden tab my dude

Lel quickly solved.

On a unrelated but similar note.

My alt has Shadow Clone, but very often would my other characters just charge up stacks for Shadow Clones even though they never even unlocked the training rank to begin with.
    Wolfsinger
  • BobbioBobbio
    Mabinogi Rep: 750
    honestly only time i ever use this skill was to annoy people in pvp l0l, didn't really ever find a good use for it. wish it got a rework or something maybe something like an armor reducer effect.
    pawcalypseCrimsọn
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    Bobbio wrote: »
    honestly only time i ever use this skill was to annoy people in pvp l0l, didn't really ever find a good use for it. wish it got a rework or something maybe something like an armor reducer effect.

The whole archery skillset needs a revamp. Badly.
    pawcalypse
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Spider shot just exist but does not see the light of being useful at all other than stat fodder.

Stop working late game.
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited September 26, 2019
    Nothing you would ever WANT to use spider-shot on can be trapped in a spidershot.

usually.

Same goes with puppet snare. Another useful-useless skill that seems helpful but you can't use it on monsters you'd actually want to use it on because 'we're not programmed to be snare'able'.

That said, they're both a huge disappointment. Puppet snare is great when you've got a warrior on your team: everyone loves you for having it. But you can only use it on targets that you can already kill in one hit, so it's only useful for babysitting weak players.

Spidershot is like having a red upgrade stone buff, it increases crit damage of archer moves. It's useless now because apparently mabinogi team hates MMO partying so parties are limited to 4 players instead of 8(don't even get me started on G2-though-G23) and nobody wants to waste a playerslot on a __second__ archer
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I still have the first set of ammo (spider trap) from getting the quest.