Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Just a rant.

Comments

• pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    edited September 26, 2019
    pawcalypse wrote: »
    I hate the fact that what was meant to stay in Alexina (the horrible prices) is now trending and influencing Nao each day. Nao used to have the "old-server" prices which were fair and what is expected for the value of the item. Now, it seems players from Alexina are changing the game, again, and sky-rocketing the prices for no reason.
    Oh yea, and the bots have found a new home. I am glad the reforge sellers are gone, I still think they are part of the problem.

Was it meant to stay in Alexina?

Was meant to disappear completely...
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
    JJ wrote: »
    Harukari wrote: »
    So this thread is about things being priced too high.

While this thread is about things being priced too low: http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/19529/why-are-people-killing-the-market-on-purpose

What the heck do people want??? Maybe we should just stay where we are in the middle?
    A good compromise is when both parties are dissatisfied, and I think that's what we have here.

This is the Mabinogi community. No one is EVER happy.

No one is ever happy period in communities.

Capitalism Ho!

Capitalism might not be good, but what would we do without it? And don't you dare say Communism.

I hate capitalism very much, but every time I say that people assume I'm a commie.
    Yeah, like there isn't anything other than communism or capitalism out there...
    (This isn't directed at you btw, I'm just going on a rant cuz' I can lol)
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Sherri wrote: »
    Harukari wrote: »

While this thread is about things being priced too low: http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/19529/why-are-people-killing-the-market-on-purpose

What the heck do people want??? Maybe we should just stay where we are in the middle?
    A good compromise is when both parties are dissatisfied, and I think that's what we have here.

This is the Mabinogi community. No one is EVER happy.

No one is ever happy period in communities.

Capitalism Ho!

Capitalism might not be good, but what would we do without it? And don't you dare say Communism.

I hate capitalism very much, but every time I say that people assume I'm a commie.
    Yeah, like there isn't anything other than communism or capitalism out there...
    (This isn't directed at you btw, I'm just going on a rant cuz' I can lol)

that's what this thread is for isn't it?
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited September 27, 2019
    ferengi acquisition, best system
    JJ
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,385

No, this thread was an overall rant about how the prices' have got out of hand.As it states in the title, it is a rant, and the op even shows it as well.. it's about it being overpriced. there is a difference on a high price and overpricing..
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    edited September 27, 2019
    Tayloreski wrote: »

No, this thread was an overall rant about how the prices' have got out of hand.As it states in the title, it is a rant, and the op even shows it as well.. it's about it being overpriced. there is a difference on a high price and overpricing..

And that difference is...?
    Is it someone pricing something so that it never sells? Because I think sellers should be allowed to take that risk on their items if they so choose.

Just to be clear, I'm not for capitalism, but I think it is vital if we want to progress the world. I believe the best overall system is a mix of a lot of other different systems, with capitalism being the main underlying structure. At least until we have robot slaves to do everything for us, at which point we could use AI to figure out the best system for running things. Of course we would need to define what "best" is, for which we could go with John Stuart Mill's Rule Utilitarianism. However we need to keep in mind that the ends do not often justify the means, thus we would need to put in place smaller boundaries that are very clearly defined. We also need to remember that morality is a relative thing, many people would not agree with Mill's view on liberty. In the end humanity might end up living in a people zoo following the rules of whoever is able to socially engineer the world most effectively. The ultimate showdown of Google vs Amazon vs Facebook. Only one will survive, I wonder who it will be.
    tl;dr read the thread's title.