Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

M E R G E

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Helsa wrote: »
    Crims wrote: »
    Maia wrote: »
    I'd rather not be +Ruairi+Nao pls

No, Maia, what I was proposing is that Alexina be merged to us. Basically THEY would get the tags, not us. There wouldn't be any name changes for us since we already went through that whole ordeal (between THREE servers mind you lol). They would be the ones effected, not us. It's a really simple solution. It's the only way me or any of us from Nao would approve of.

Yeah they would probably bleep about their butchered names and having to choose something else entirely. But it's the easiest solution. Plus they are not going to care much when they become part of a fuller more active server. Honestly I would choose something entirely new for such an occasion anyway.

Then most importantly...the bleeping can STOP.

The only drawback I can see is more downtime and ironing out any bugs coming from something like this, again. But the good news is that the staff will know what to avoid and fix this time around.

Do that but call the server Alexina! XD

Actually I really wish they came up with a server name that doesn't already exist.

So what should we call this new server guys?

Helsa.

Kusina Huge Jugs Server.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    How I, as an indignant Alexinian feel.

GlassLeadingFoxhound-size_restricted.gif
    SherripawcalypseRadiant DawnKensamaofmariKitini
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165

No, Maia, what I was proposing is that Alexina be merged to us. Basically THEY would get the tags, not us. There wouldn't be any name changes for us since we already went through that whole ordeal (between THREE servers mind you lol). They would be the ones effected, not us. It's a really simple solution. It's the only way me or any of us from Nao would approve of.

Yeah they would probably bleep about their butchered names and having to choose something else entirely. But it's the easiest solution. Plus they are not going to care much when they become part of a fuller more active server. Honestly I would choose something entirely new for such an occasion anyway.

The only drawback I can see is more downtime and ironing out any bugs coming from something like this, again. But the good news is that the staff will know what to avoid and fix this time around.

Actually I really wish they came up with a server name that doesn't already exist.

Helsa.

No you.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380

Helsa.

No you.

Not at all. On such a server I'd be Helsa+Alexina. There's a Helsa on Nao, right now, and it ain't me. See how kind and giving I am! :)
    Wolfsinger
  • XypixXypix
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,890
    man this is just a meme video i made, yall gonna get this thread locked at this rate when i just want my memes to be appreciated
    VeylaineSherriRadiant Dawn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Xypix wrote: »
    man this is just a meme video i made, yall gonna get this thread locked at this rate when i just want my memes to be appreciated

So be it. :trollface:
  • AkirachuAkirachu
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,260
    edited October 28, 2019
    i dont want to be that guy but alexina talk down to the other servers for being dead so its there turn to know what it feels like
    Kageito
  • GretaGreta
    i dont want to be that guy but alexina talk down to the other servers for being dead so its there turn to know what it feels like

Wait. You are a dude?
  • AkirachuAkirachu
    Greta wrote: »

Wait. You are a dude?

yeah o.o
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

Ferghus
    223px-Ferghus.png
    VeylaineSherripawcalypseKitiniKrysi
  • GretaGreta

Wait. You are a dude?

yeah o.o

Sorry, the name sounds like female and i saw you using female character, but i guess such things shouldn't matter anymore.

What matters most is the fact how toxic Mabinogi community is. Your excuse for hating on Alexina is disgusting and you should be ashamed.
    WolfsingerAlchemistjk
  • AkirachuAkirachu
    why would they merge alexina when there still processing name change and they would have to do it all over again also alot of mmos have two servers it looks bad if there only one server in a mmo
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    There is validity to the point: We still aren't done merging the current 3 servers so we shouldn't really even be thinking about another merge lol There is so much unfinished business with the original merge. It'll probably be another year before it's all sorted out. Logistically I can't imagine another merge
    SherriWolfsinger
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited October 28, 2019

Ferghus
    223px-Ferghus.png

Ferghus - the Server That Always Breaks

Wait. You are a dude?

yeah o.o

Sorry, the name sounds like female and i saw you using female character, but i guess such things shouldn't matter anymore.

What matters most is the fact how toxic Mabinogi community is. Your excuse for hating on Alexina is disgusting and you should be ashamed.

My rule of the internet: Always assume that people are male unless stated otherwise.
    KensamaofmaripawcalypseGretaWolfsingerKrysi
  • SytrieSytrie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
    Merge is a must, death is inevitable, worse days ahead, unified, together, one.. last.. favor.. goodbye.
    edited October 28, 2019
    I am surprised Nao's Merge didn't destroy everyone's character.

+1 Faith in Nexon.

OT: Some of you are being childish. Calling people abandoning your servers "traitors"? Wishing Alexina to go through what the other three servers did despite few if any of Alexina players being actively complicit in the barren hellscape that were once Tarlach, Ruairi, and Mari?

People shouldn't be condemned for putting themselves first instead of complete strangers in this case. If the merge didn't happen, then would the action be any less or more worthy of condemnation? I think not.

Grow the heck up.
    GretaSherriWolfsingerKitini

Wait. You are a dude?

yeah o.o

I am surprised people don't realize I have dude parts myself, despite being among the most beautiful female elves in all of Alexina.
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    If there is another merge I hope they can allow pets to have their names changed too. I don't like the -server tag at the end of the name.
    Sherri
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    I am surprised people don't realize I have dude parts myself, despite being among the most beautiful female elves in all of Alexina.

I imagine most of the "most beautiful" characters have dude parts.
    BlissfulkillWolfsingerpawcalypse
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    The community was divided from the get go by the creation of different servers; it didn't have to be that way. Who's fault is that; the people whose main characters are on Alexina or Nexon's?

Since Nao was created we've seen the inhabitants of it come together and to not only view each other as brethren but be happy for one another's company. This could have happened ten years ago by making one big server. That's ten years lost forever. Who's fault is that; the people whose main characters are on Alexina or Nexon's?

The Alexina server was created about a year after the original three went live. We saw that less than a week after the creation of Nao that its channel count was boosted from seven to ten. Rather than creating Alexina, and dividing the community further, they could have added two or three more channels to each. Who's fault is that; the people whose main characters are on Alexina or Nexon's?

The Alexina server was uniquely labelled as "new" for many many years and contributed to it being the highest population server. This label was left displayed despite the server no longer being new. Who's fault is that; the people whose main characters are on Alexina or Nexon's?

For more than a decade there was talk of a merge in the forums and it never happened until recently. It was not unreasonable, during this time, to suspect that it never would. Some folks on the original three servers, feeling that a merge would never happen and wanting to play on a server with a certain threshold of activity, that for years was not occurring on their original servers, eventually got fed up, lost hope, abandoned their characters, and made new ones on Alexina. With multiple servers, one will always emerge as the largest in population and as such will have a stronger pull for more players, new or otherwise. In this case, it happened to be Alexina. Had it never been created then it would have happened to Mari and folks would then be saying of Marians what they now say of Alexinans instead.

We're there trolls from Alexina that rubbed the noses of others? Yes. We're we all guilty of it? No. Are we all supposed to be punished for the actions of some? Apparently? When new players asked in the forums which server to choose, I would tell them that Alexina had the largest population and told them what the good and bad points were for that. I'd tell them Tarlach had the smallest population and what the good and bad points are for that. And finally that Ruari and Mari were in between with Mari being the larger of the two. That wasn't making fun of anyone. That wasn't boasting. It was just giving the facts. California has better weather than Canada; it just does. That's not an insult, it's just a fact.

Before the merge was announced, I had said that it should either be a full merge or not happen at all. I further said that a partial merge would be the worst possible outcome. It looks like I predicted that one too. Yey?

Last spring a video was posted in the forums where one of the big wigs at Nexon was talking about the possibility of a server merge in Korea. They said that they preferred that there be separate servers as that would inspire playful rivalry between the servers. The only way such rivalry could manifest itself is in forum discussions since characters could never meet and compete. How's that workin' out?
    SherriGretaWolfsingerKitiniAlchemistjk