Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Worth Coming Back?

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    People the OP didn't say they haven't played an online multiplayered game; they know the drill. In fact, they have already played Mabinogi. They, just want to know if they should bother playing it again. The answer is yes, but jump in and see for yourself; end of story.
    Wolfsinger
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    edited April 28, 2020
    If your here, you have time and with that time...you can always just use it by checking it out for yourself.

Things had changed for better or worst depending what you liked the game before you left, there is more content and things you likely never experienced yet, as well as huge headaches that make you question Devcat's choice in design but its a decent time waster if your looking for one.

As for things I had heard, things are going to become a bumpy ride so I hope you had something to hang onto else you'll fall off, new "interesting" content. Hope you prepare your bodies! >w<

Because that is all I will be counting...lots and lots of bodies piling up into a pillar... o 3o
  • SqueeSquee
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
    I know people are gonna hate me for this, but I gotta give a conflicting view here from someone who who doesn't like where the game has gone in recent years.

This game has fallen really far from the grand game it used to be. It wasn't perfect, but it was fun. However, a lot of the things that made it fun have been either destroyed by new developments, or people just don't find fun anymore. The game these days still has the blatant pay to win reforges that you can't do G22 onward without (Believe me, I tried), the RNG has gotten out of control and has gotten to the point where sometimes I've failed 100% chance RNG moments, the story has gotten a little off-track (though recent generations have had a decent story, but nothing compared to the older generations that had a really interesting story. Everything after a certain point has been a shallow attempt to keep the game alive. That's not even mentioning the fact that Nexon refuses to fix most of the major bugs in this game that have been in this game for 5 years or more, and Nexon just keeps trying to extend the life of this game even though it's quickly dying due to outdated it's become. It's evolved in some good ways like them trying to revamp some of the older talents to be as useful as the newer talents, but pretty much every generation unbalances the game again in some way. There's only a few talents and a number of skills that are useful anymore, as the game has made enemies immune to certain spell types, which used to only happen in Peaca dungeon, but now higher level dungeons punish you if you don't have certain types of people on your team rather than trying to encourage a balanced party to counter tough challenges. These days, the toughest dungeons require parties that no one wants to run, because the new dungeons like the Tech Duinn dungeons are just so unfair and annoying that people will only run them with people they know, and only the most generous people will run a dungeon with people they don't know.

Overall, I'd say that you just have too much to catch up on, and you're probably gonna fall apart with how bad the game balance is these days compared to the old days.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    edited April 29, 2020
    If Nexon reduce the rebirth day limit of 6 to 3 would be nice :3

Am not after the AP, I just wanted to be total lvl 40k+ Already so I can finally be at my best in stats and focus entirely on gear to join Endgame players if they still exist somewhere.

It would of been 10k Levels per 120 Days which is around 4 months? Would of been 30k+ per year (Without events that spit out Rebirth potions/Forgetful potions.)

Too be perfectly Honest though...This Leveling should of only take just under 5 or 4 months to lvl 40k+ for that "Shine of Eweca" stats and focus entirely on gear.

But yea keeping the 6 day limit rebirthing would pretty much make you grind for up to 30k+ per 2 years...You had to be insane to like this without Events giving you items to speed things up.

So yea...Good luck returning players who like to Join Endgame as soon as possible, Players will see you in likely 2 years to 1 year or 5 months to 1 month (from using rebirth potions.) That is if you want the best Stats of course, you can still be Endgame for as long as you have gear and have Grandmastered everything.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    Expressing honest views doesn't warrant hating for. Now when it comes to stealing and oppression... then that is something that warrants a reason why there are such things like say cop-haters (criminals on patrol). Despite new people coming in and old Milletians returning and many of them sticking around, I cannot disagree that the skill-sets/talents are definitely highly imbalanced, and I am still going to insist that [non-KR] Elf-Archery still «sucketh» to the point where Humans are «better Archers» if/when Vision-of-Ladeca is on cool-down, the «dailies» have gotten to the point of being rather grindish (even for those of us who still consistently collect Adventurer-Seals), the reduction of maximum party-numbers being limited to four people was definitely a backwards-decision (especially since they decided to make it also apply to Veteran-Dungeons), what is referred to as «end-game content» is quite sparsely populated since few people seem to have any interest in bothering to run it (even amongst my own contact-list there are very few with the patience/tenacity to take on the Succubus-Queen for long enough for me to be able to finally widdle her down even though it could end up being a three-hour battle [people give up too easily these days; back during old times when «strategy» rather than «DPS» was the most-important factor to completing content... people definitely had more «fun» with it to the point where even a five-hour run of difficult content wasn't «discouraging enough» to get people to «quit early» like they do now]), etc., etc., but at the same time there is a LOT to go about doing and has become easier-than-ever to gain plenty of gold for one's Erskin-Bank-account(s) ...probably largely thanks due in large part to the combination of Milletians becoming what would be considered «OP» to the pre-Generation-19 versions of Milletians and the introduction of the Auction-House.

I keep myself «occupied» usually doing the following:
    The faster dailies to collect adventurer-seals (Emain Macha: Macaulay's Puppet-Job, Gordon's Cooking Quest | Port Cobh : Madok's Large Nails Quest, Manolin's Striped Marlin Quest | Belvast : Hicca's Mom Quest, that Ogre's Vegetable-Canape Quest, Hiko's Tomato-Basil-Salad Quest, Commerce-Quest, Monatte's Owen's Box Quest | Sometimes the Daily Shadow-Missions / [Iria-Continent] Alexina's Ruins-Discovery Quest, Belita's Hot-Air-Balloon Quest [still collecting Wyvern-Claws for a Skill-Up Requirement], Hillwen-Engineering PTJ & Vengeful-Descent Quest, Magic-Crafting PTJ & Threatening Mutant Quest, the fastest-available-to-complete Saga-Episode for any particular day [I no longer do Ep 1 or 2 any more for Dailies but wait until the next day before reset-time to do Episode 3 since it's faster than either Episode 1 or 2])

...sometimes I will join Black-Dragon Raid-spams if I am awake enough or not distracted by other activities.

Some of my contacts will periodically invite me to run something like AAHM or do Sidhe-runs.

Occasionally I might participate in Girgashy Raids but this one seems to require more effort/patience in gathering people.

Oh, I do the Daily Gathering Quests more consistently now, limiting my collections solely to Corn/Eggs/Potatoes to turn into Castanea for Holy Waters which I then often list onto the A-H (ever since I made a post about Holy Waters selling consistently at 70K/stack, more people «got in on the action» and so that «market» became «saturated» a bit to the point where 60K/stack is now the consistent market-price, but Holy Waters have always historically been consistently a 40K to 70K per stack item depending on market-supply/demand), and I think that just about covers it for daily quests that yield an Adventurer-Seal (or at least the ones that I tend to do more consistently since I try to limit them to the ones that can be done in under five minutes per repeat).
    Here is my current home-stead set-up so that I can quickly do my gathering quests with minimal «waste time» ...
    4i0AGgX.png

Then I also tend to tend to my squires... a lot (Squire-stats in Spoiler).
    gxR3S0k.png
    Who-ever thinks that my efforts to max out their stats is excessive... I do that because I prefer that they be strong enough to somewhat «carry me» (to an extent) in the Baltane-Elite missions. I finally figured out how to consistently set things up in Avalon-Bridge on Elite so that I always end up with 2000+ points by the end of the mission in order to obtain the Elite Reward-Box (I plan to make a how-to-tutorial-video on it at some point of course). Still haven't gotten that Demonic Infinity Staff yet even after successfully obtaining the Elite Reward-Box over a dozen times but I still got plenty more other passes to use for more Elite-version spamming...

Even without the daily «Event-Quests» to do there is already plenty of content that keeps me fairly busy when I am not AFK.

What other people do is their business. I wouldn't mind «multi-player» versions of these mostly «solo» activities though...
    Squee wrote: »
    I know people are gonna hate me for this, but I gotta give a conflicting view here from someone who who doesn't like where the game has gone in recent years.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    edited April 29, 2020
    If I were a player wanting to return I would like to know what current features and improvements were made since last played.

That said, in response to the OP @Megalodon, Gameplay has changed significantly with expanded skill and talent sets, increased efficiency in building skill sets to the range of skills and talents added.

The maps have significantly expanded since G3, 21 generations have been added to the long and continuing storyline with much intrigue and entertainment in various ways.

Market systems and economy has really been changed since G3. Back then, inflation was low, the sole methods of earning gold were dungeons, hunting for fomor scrolls, PTJs back then. Higher value NPC products were valued back then, and not as valued now. Whereas personal shops before were limited to premium service holders, now are free to use for all. There is now even an auction house system to buy and sell items which has replaced renting houses in housing channels.

People have private homesteads to build and customize their own plot of home or workshop.

With all these new features, it's definitely worth checking out for someone who last played at the very beginning.
  • MilfeulleMilfeulle
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    oWwV6HK.png
    I'm back from 10 years of absence as well, stopped playing since 2009. Megalodon feel free to add me in game, I think I remember you back in the days, none of my friends plays anymore.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Milfeulle wrote: »
    oWwV6HK.png
    I'm back from 10 years of absence as well, stopped playing since 2009. Megalodon feel free to add me in game, I think I remember you back in the days, none of my friends plays anymore.

Wow. What a number.
    Wolfsinger
  • HelsaHelsa
    oWwV6HK.png

Wow. What a number.

What; your post count verses your average post length?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    oWwV6HK.png

Wow. What a number.

I had a similar number when I was allowed to return after 5 years. :smirk:
    Kensamaofmari
  • КалашниковКалашников
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,300
    Crims wrote: »

Being banned does not count as impressive.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805

Glitching forums either.
  • HelsaHelsa
    oWwV6HK.png

Wow. What a number.

Your number would have been half that.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Greta wrote: »

Glitching forums either.

Their continued use of non-Mabinogi avatars and a non-English character forum name, in the face of site staff monitoring these forums yet with no action taken, at some point will be tantamount to site endorsement of the activity. So, at some point, maybe we can all have different avatars too! I'm not complaining; quite the contrary. If I could, I'd award them Hero of the Soviet Union.
    GretaКалашников
  • КалашниковКалашников
    Helsa wrote: »
    If I could, I'd award them Hero of the Soviet Union.
    3KCLSJm.jpg
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 2, 2020

So you're a ban dodger. :smirk:

Who did you used to be? Hmmmm~?
  • HelsaHelsa

. . . or a Dodger fan!

800px-Jrobinson.jpg
    Helsa wrote: »
    If I could, I'd award them Hero of the Soviet Union.
    3KCLSJm.jpg

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 2, 2020
    Blyat.
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    oWwV6HK.png

2009 was a good year on Mabi. Now you get to relearn the game from scratch.
  • КалашниковКалашников
    edited May 2, 2020
    Sorry for derailment, I think op question has been answered by people anyway.

How is the correlation to that !

You just talk a lot.