Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Confession time

Comments

• WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Julie wrote: »
    and a giant soda

Kelp flavored soda?

That sounds kinda meh if'n I'm honest
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Wolfsinger wrote: »
    and a giant soda

Kelp flavored soda?

Kelp is healthy for you. The other option is pickled plum.
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    and a giant soda

Kelp flavored soda?

I know its healthy but that doesn't mean I have to personally accept and eat it :P
    and a giant soda

Kelp flavored soda?

I know its healthy but that doesn't mean I have to personally accept and eat it :P

Hey be glad it doesn't have tentacles wriggling about.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    It's just sea-weed anyway. You need the iodine that comes from it though otherwise the the resulting hypo-thyroidism condition from lack of this nutrient will cause you to feel freezing cold all the time even if you're submerged in 120°F waters and also constantly tired/sleepy/lethargic.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    and a giant soda

Kelp flavored soda?

What's wrong with Calamari?

fried-calamari-IG.jpg
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    This might seem bizarre to y'all but I've actually had yet to have any seafood that I really like.
    Doesn't help I'm not really able to get any quality munchies of the sea where I'm at, but what's o'er here has not been much good. I think some of its just texture but seafood just ain't my thing.
    Helsa wrote: »
    and a giant soda

Kelp flavored soda?

fried-calamari-IG.jpg

Well that calamari isn't wriggling about is it?
    This might seem bizarre to y'all but I've actually had yet to have any seafood that I really like.
    Doesn't help I'm not really able to get any quality munchies of the sea where I'm at, but what's o'er here has not been much good. I think some of its just texture but seafood just ain't my thing.

Any seafood? even basic common seafood like shrimp?
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger

I had popcorn shrimp as a kid and it was find so long as I smothered it in ketchup XD
    Yeah I was one of those kids. So I guess it'd be more correct to say that's a means I accepted eating it, but like how NORMAL people might prefer their seafood, I've yet to find XD
  • HelsaHelsa
    and a giant soda

Kelp flavored soda?

fried-calamari-IG.jpg

Well that calamari isn't wriggling about is it?

It's a still image; how do you know?
    Besides, once they're in your mouth the do some wiggling around.

I had popcorn shrimp as a kid and it was find so long as I smothered it in ketchup XD
    Yeah I was one of those kids. So I guess it'd be more correct to say that's a means I accepted eating it, but like how NORMAL people might prefer their seafood, I've yet to find XD

What about Clam Chowder? No? Let me caveat, the white kind not the red kind.
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger

What about Clam Chowder? No? Let me caveat, the white kind not the red kind.

I've never had either, so I don't know no difference XD

I mean there's nothing wrong about slathering ketchup on fried seafood. But I guess if your diet is landlubber, it's really hard to change as an adult.
    Heck, I know people who won't touch anything with bones in it.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    The only sea-food I have any interest in eating is fish... usually salmon. I suppose shark-meat might also be interesting.
    Everything else out of the sea just seems to taste far too rubbery for my tastes though... especially squids.
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Habimaru wrote: »
    The only sea-food I have any interest in eating is fish... usually salmon. I suppose shark-meat might also be interesting.
    Everything else out of the sea just seems to taste far too rubbery for my tastes though... especially squids.

I keep having salmon and lobster suggested to be. I dunno. The texture just isn't generally to my taste I guess. And I strongly dislike the idea of eating squid XD

I mean there's nothing wrong about slathering ketchup on fried seafood. But I guess if your diet is landlubber, it's really hard to change as an adult.

I was the latter for a while, as a kid. Just didn't want to deal with the risk I guess.
    I dunno, its one of those things I kinda wish I was less stubborn about mentally. I'd rather be able to eat more than less, particularly in this economy XD
  • HelsaHelsa

I keep having salmon and lobster suggested to be. I dunno. The texture just isn't generally to my taste I guess. And I strongly dislike the idea of eating squid XD

I was the latter for a while, as a kid. Just didn't want to deal with the risk I guess.
    I dunno, its one of those things I kinda wish I was less stubborn about mentally. I'd rather be able to eat more than less, particularly in this economy XD

So, you've never even eaten fish? Not even canned tuna? Not even fresh water fish? What about crawdads and other fresh water crustaceans?

How far from the ocean do you live?

• WolfsingerWolfsinger

So, you've never even eaten fish? Not even canned tuna? Not even fresh water fish? What about crawdads and other fresh water crustaceans?

I live decently close to a gulf actually. Maybe a few hours drive.
    Its not that I've never eaten fish, its that I've never eaten fish that I liked. But then I've never really had anything of quality outside of fast food, which my mom insists is the only reason why I dislike it. Much as I disagree, there's just a texture there that I don't care as much for.
    Which is funny to me for many reasons, but we've often disagreed on matters of food and taste since the early days, so XD
  • HelsaHelsa

I live decently close to a gulf actually. Maybe a few hours drive.
    Its not that I've never eaten fish, its that I've never eaten fish that I liked. But then I've never really had anything of quality outside of fast food, which my mom insists is the only reason why I dislike it. Much as I disagree, there's just a texture there that I don't care as much for.
    Which is funny to me for many reasons, but we've often disagreed on matters of food and taste since the early days, so XD

Maybe we can break you in slowly; how's this for a hillbilly, down-home, NASCAR-watching, trailer park, I-only-eat-cows/chickens/pigs-blessed-by-the-lord, gourmet seafood recipe: a can of Campbells Chunky Soup "New England Style Clam Chowder" over Fettuccini, sprinkled with parmesan cheese, to taste. Give that a shot.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    I'd like to try cooking [fish] for you some day. For the record, a boy from California visited us once (or was it twice), and he HATED tomatoes. For what-ever reason, even though he was insisting that me putting tomatoes in my sammich-style wrap was [looked] «disgusting» ...I guess he seemed to like to copy a bunch of things I did, and so I made him the same thing to eat, and we ate each of our own simultaneously. Then he was all [wide-eyed] like...: «Hey, OMG, this actually tastes GOOD...!»

...from that day onwards he was willing to eat tomatoes. I later on learned that, once he returned to California, that his whole entire family was talking about me & how I managed to get him to do something that his very own mother tried for years & Years & YEARS with no success (i.e.: the eating of tomatoes). I think a lot of what makes food edible or perhaps «tolerable» is in the combination of cooking methods & which ingredients are used (he even seemed to LOVE the way that I cooked rice; also saying that his mother has never made rice as tasty as I did, but to answer his question of how I did it, I'd only respond : Ancient Chinese Secret [trololololol ?]).

I mean, liver isn't something that I'd like to eat just by itself, but I know of its health-benefits so I most certainly do not throw it away, either. The manner in which I use to make liver more acceptable as an ingredient is to chop it up into tiny bits, mix it with meat and/or seasoning, then mix into main-course.

P.S.: Fast-Food is not necessarily quality. I heard stories about how there was an instance of a man who kept a McDonald's hamburger in his coat-pocket for like 15 (or maybe 20) years, but, when opening up the wrapper, the burger looked exactly the same as it did when first bought so many years ago.
  • KelpSodaKelpSoda
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    every single time i've had an avocado i've hated it, its often because the cooks keep forgetting when i ask for no avocado on my sandwich or whatever so it aint a bad experience
    i just hate those things but everyone loves them :<