Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Giant Bow??

VasumatiVasumati
Mabinogi Rep: 1,375
edited September 17, 2020 in General Chat
What is this? at first i had assumed it was an idle stance, but the Red Up is throwing me off. I know there was a glitch//bug/hack a long time ago that gave giants magnum shot... What's going on here?? He had eqipment view off and was ignoring me when i asked him. I came back later and he had normal weapons with his equipment view on.
EDIT: The image attack thing wasn't working. Here's the link for the picture: https://ibb.co/RSKyJJk

Comments

• AlexisEUAlexisEU
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,520
    not a giant.
  • VasumatiVasumati
    That is very clearly a giant. He has has the same size and model as all other giants. He is twice the size of lezzaro, which is the same size as human player characters.
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited September 17, 2020
    I believe it's a case of height boosting insoles and an age 18 potion used on a human.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    That's a giant, alright, so then the item must not be a bow.
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    A giant with a forest ranger bow

And no, age 18 potions only make you a millimeter taller onscreen.
  • BobbioBobbio
    Mabinogi Rep: 750
    pretty sure that's just the forest ranger muffler special idle pose, saw someone also holding a bow like that but had no equipment on him so you have to unequip your current gear to do that pose, think it's special forest ranger outfit (M)
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    anyone who can possibly say that's not a giant doesn't pay much attention to giants XD heh. The legs alone are completely different from humans. Anyways Bobbio is correct... it's just a client-sided glitch with his Forest Ranger outfit idle.... it's in his gear tab but you can see the idle because of how he loaded in on your client. and because he's holding a stepped weapon it carries over to the idle as well. just a Jedi mind trick

GenuineCriminalAsianporcupine-max-1mb.gif
    justshowing
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Arjune wrote: »
    anyone who can possibly say that's not a giant doesn't pay much attention to giants XD heh. The legs alone are completely different from humans. Anyways Bobbio is correct... it's just a client-sided glitch with his Forest Ranger outfit idle.... it's in his gear tab but you can see the idle because of how he loaded in on your client. and because he's holding a stepped weapon it carries over to the idle as well. just a Jedi mind trick

GenuineCriminalAsianporcupine-max-1mb.gif

I guess we can all tell who doesn't play giants now. I completely forgot that idle gave you a bow.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Nah, Lezzaro is just 10 years old.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    Nah, Lezzaro is just 10 years old.

So Lezzaro is now a 10 yr old giant.
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Oh that's a guildie of mine. Say hi to Garru.
  • GarrusvakariGarrusvakari
    Mabinogi Rep: 510
    Oh look that's me
  • GarrusvakariGarrusvakari
    Mabinogi Rep: 510
    edited September 25, 2020
    Vasumati wrote: »
    What is this? at first i had assumed it was an idle stance, but the Red Up is throwing me off. I know there was a glitch//bug/hack a long time ago that gave giants magnum shot... What's going on here?? He had eqipment view off and was ignoring me when i asked him. I came back later and he had normal weapons with his equipment view on.
    EDIT: The image attack thing wasn't working. Here's the link for the picture: https://ibb.co/RSKyJJk

This is just some sort of visual glitch that occurs when you load in after someone wearing the Special Forest Ranger outfit in the gear tab is already there before you. I had red 7 special upgraded knuckles equipped which is why there is no visual of the Talvish gauntlets on my arms that were in my style tab, including the red 7 effect on the idle bow. I remember coming back to my computer that day and checking my chat log and seeing someone asking if they could see my gear view, so I turned it on like it normally is and left my computer again. That's when you must've came back and check again lol.
    BronzebreakKensamaofmari
  • VasumatiVasumati
    Thanks for clearing that up. Was really confused lol. The forest ranger idol pose bow looks way too similar to the crystal wing bow. That with the red glitch threw me off.