Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Where's Greta?

HelsaHelsa
Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
edited October 31, 2020 in Town Square
The Forum Queen of Alexina has not posted since October 1st; where'd she go?
Greta
  1. Where's Greta?9 votes
    1. She finally recognized what a waste of time this is.
       33% (3 votes)
    2. Aliens
       11% (1 vote)
    3. She's on a secret mission for "The Dark Cabal"
       0% (0 votes)
    4. The Law finally caught up with her
       22% (2 votes)
    5. Her computer is broken
       11% (1 vote)
    6. Hubby said,"Me or Mab, babe"
       11% (1 vote)
    7. Shes gone "Back to Nature"
       0% (0 votes)
    8. Shes been "under the weather"
       0% (0 votes)
    9. She trying to be the first to swim around the world
       0% (0 votes)
    10. She's on vacation
       11% (1 vote)

Comments

• WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Funny, I was actually noticing that I hadn't seen a certain familiar face around lately, and then this pops up-
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    edited November 2, 2020
    You forgot the option of lurking.
    WolfsingerGretaKingEphy
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited November 21, 2020
    So what kind of Law was supposed to have caught me?

To be honest i haven't posted anything for over a month because i thought what indeed pointless thing it is to hang out on these half-dead forums where you constantly end up seeing same ~5 people posting, so instead i decided to lurk and see if something ever interesting happens. Also realized i never made any real friends or anything good and useful of this place, so slowing down on hanging out on these forums made best sense and choice for me.
    KingEphyHelsa
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    Karmic-Law ? Then again nobody can get away from that particular «Law» (if that were possible then there would have never been any Nuremberg-Trials). Friends are also apparently far less common than many people realise; yes, the world may be more inter-connected (via technology), but the frogs have been slowly boiled enough over time to the point where it is also rare to find any place where anybody trusts each other for anything.

Although this is an article from Japan it is actually a common-place trend indicating that more and more people in the world are now on their own.

Oh, snap, forgot that these forums draft-save and multi-post before we even hit the post-comment button ! Anyway... I already made plenty of contributions and posted plenty of interesting things back in the hey-day when this place was far more populated. If I were to take a wild guess or perhaps even remote-view the reason(s) as to why there was such a significant decline in active population since way back then I would have to say that it was a combination of sudden over-bearing restrictions, a stop in active advertisement, and perhaps dare I say even some possible... infiltration for which I won't get into detail...
    Greta wrote: »
    So what kind of Law was supposed to have caught me?

To be honest i haven't posted anything for over a month because i thought what indeed pointless thing it is to hang out on these half-dead forums where you constantly end up seeing same ~5 people posting, so instead i decided to lurk and see if something ever interesting happens. Also realized i never made any real friends or anything good and useful of this place, so slowing down on hanging out on these forums made best sense and choice for me.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Of all the Lithuanians named Greta that I know, I think our Greta is my absolute favourite one! :)
    NegumikoWolfsingerKensamaofmari
  • GretaGreta
    Ok...? That's quite ridiculous thing to say, but whatever...
    Helsa
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    Helsa wrote: »
    Of all the Lithuanians named Greta that I know, I think our Greta is my absolute favourite one! :)

I completely agree, it is good to see Greta back. the forums are fairly boring without her. this is a nice small community but probably the best community of all the mmos I have played. it would be quite sad to see certain people that have been here a long time leave.
    Kensamaofmari
  • HelsaHelsa

Ah fugitaboutit! @Negumiko, and I, and many others are happy to sing your praises to the four corners of the world! And so to wit:

G is for the Graciousness you've returned.
    R is for the mabi-Rep you've earned.
    E is for your Energy that we toast.
    T is for the Tally of your posts.
    Finally, the most important by far:
    A is for how Awesome that you are!
    All together put we don't regret a
    Single little bit of our Greta!
  • NegumikoNegumiko

Ah fugitaboutit! @Negumiko, and I, and many others are happy to sing your praises to the four corners of the world! And so to wit:

G is for the Graciousness you've returned.
    R is for the mabi-Rep you've earned.
    E is for your Energy that we toast.
    T is for the Tally of your posts.
    Finally, the most important by far:
    A is for how Awesome that you are!
    All together put we don't regret a
    Single little bit of our Greta!

of course we are happy Greta is back. the forums wouldn't be the same without her :) Helsa, you did a great job setting up this thread as a trap to lure Greta back to us :)
    de95s06-d2c80874-8832-4aa9-ae19-d06050392ca1.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMDM1ZGJhZWMtYTA3Yi00Y2ZjLThlZjQtN2ZmZDZiODY3OTg4XC9kZTk1czA2LWQyYzgwODc0LTg4MzItNGFhOS1hZTE5LWQwNjA1MDM5MmNhMS5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.ehJaUnrWvumsUkFlNLboq7boazQ6R8DbarG_726czec
    Wolfsinger
  • GretaGreta
    edited November 22, 2020
    It wasn't actually Helsa's thread that made me come back. But some random guy's thread of spreading "awareness" of some other guy. That thread looked amusing enough for me to post.
    WolfsingerHelsa
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    It wasn't actually Helsa's thread that made me come back. But some random guy's thread of spreading "awareness" of some other guy. That thread looked amusing enough for me to post.

Whatever works, right? :P
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,155
    I'll take "Hubby said, "Me or Mab, babe" for 100 please.
  • GretaGreta
    edited November 23, 2020
    Honestly, community hates me, i have seen people talk trash about me in Discord and even these forums, while trying not to look obvious about it. No idea what i did to them to hate me, but apparently i'm hated because of few remarks i made towards some people here in forums or just generally i'm being annoying. I'm used being disliked by others, I'm used being below average at everything in my life. So i'm pretty sure you people are messing with me here and i really don't like it.
    Helsa
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    I have not really followed the Discord-channel so I cannot really comment about Discord. For these forums, whilst I may have witnessed one instance of referring to your record, I doubt that anybody actually hates you. If anything... I think I've ended up receiving far more hate over the years around here than the amount that you seem to imagine that you have by at least ten-fold. Sorry you missed out, but, perhaps, some day, I might have to take you back to that period with a time-machine so that you can see it for yourself...

I am referring to various things that stirred high-interaction forum-activity, such as one particular thread I made that ended up with literally over 1000 forum-member replies in under two weeks that later on (probably) resulted in an over-reaction in the moderation-policies that caused everyone's posts to be deleted left-and-right for no particularly reasonable reason, possibly even leading to an entire shut-down and re-introduction of new versions of these forums (I think we are currently on version #3 or #4), and that wasn't the only high-volume thread I ever created back then, either.

Even if the imagined so-called «hate» against you actually exists, there is absolutely no possible way that such a miniscule amount could out-weigh in any way how much others actually seem to love and admire you (one of my reasons for it is because you actually make effort to try and be reasonable), but, know this... negativity also often auto-comes with the territory of being well-known. People who suddenly become hyper-famous but aren't mentally/emotionally prepared for what comes with the territory may not be able to handle that territory, such as that chubby boy who temporarily became a YouTube sensation for jiggle-dancing to the numa-numa song, but I also know from personal-experience that, when I was the most-famous guy in the entire school back in high-school (like I literally had no idea who all of those 10+ people were who were always saying hi to me by name between each of my six classes), even with the existence of those people who always hated everyone and everything all the time, the amount of admirers that I got on the sole basis that I was apparently «famous» throughout the entire school was much more than any haters, and that should have been very statistically similar to that numa-numa boy, considering that we were both «famous» for similar reasons (although I was not on YouTube back then I still ended up being known by the whole entire school like he was).

I have become much better at handling my emotions since then, and perhaps you are dis-liking the results of the poll-options (I still have not voted for any of those options by the way), but part of it might be my own fault for being an influence on Helsa who seems to often like to copy the formats/non-seriousness of some of my previous threads, such as when I put poll-options that look like I might be insulting myself (like, literally, some of those options were things like «Damn, you, Habi, I STAB AT THEE!!! *STAB*STAB*STAB*STAB*STAB*!!!» or even «Habi, here, have some meds to lotobomise & numb your, err, I mean... calm your mind...» even though several other poll-options were perfectly more reasonable and more seriously on-topic). I apologise for having been that kind of influence on Helsa whom I failed to predict would end up trying to copy me in many a way (I should really re-consider being more careful with what I say and how I interact given the propensity for how so many people seemed to have copied me and any of my behaviours throughout my life-existence [yes, strangely enough, this phenomenon happens to me even off-line, and I am not referring merely to just these forums or else-where on-line]).

Nor are you below-average at everything in your life... that is just a ridiculous assessment.
    I got plenty more I could say but there are other things I need to resumem working on for now.

“One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one’s work is terribly important.”
    ― Bertrand Russell, The Conquest of Happiness
    Honestly, community hates me, i have seen people talk trash about me in Discord and even these forums, while trying not to look obvious about it. No idea what i did to them to hate me, but apparently i'm hated because of few remarks i made towards some people here in forums or just generally i'm being annoying. I'm used being disliked by others, I'm used being below average at everything in my life. So i'm pretty sure you people are messing with me here and i really don't like it.
    NegumikoWolfsingerCrimsọn
  • HelsaHelsa

Internet is the kind of place where folks are quick with the negativity. It needn't have been so but that's how it has devolved. If you try to say something nice about someone and try to spread a little sunshine then people don't understand it. Well, that doesn't mean one can't keep trying.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    well worded Habimaru, and I agree I doubt people here actually hate Greta either. I have a great deal of respect for Greta as her opinions on the forums are interesting. of course I try to like anyone on the forums and there are a few people here that I feel the forums would be boring without. can't really comment on discord cause I rarely use it and never type anything in the mabi chat there mostly cause I am often shy and anti-social.

I don't see any point beating around the bush cause it is just a waste of time, this often causes me to be very direct with anyone I talk to and any thread I comment on. so if I disliked anyone here I wouldn't have a problem making it well known. Greta is cool and I enjoy reading her comments on these forums. just ignore the ones that think you are annoying or dislike you cause everyone hating you isn't true.
    Wolfsinger
  • HelsaHelsa
    Negumiko wrote: »
    well worded Habimaru, and I agree I doubt people here actually hate Greta either. I have a great deal of respect for Greta as her opinions on the forums are interesting. of course I try to like anyone on the forums and there are a few people here that I feel the forums would be boring without. can't really comment on discord cause I rarely use it and never type anything in the mabi chat there mostly cause I am often shy and anti-social.

I don't see any point beating around the bush cause it is just a waste of time, this often causes me to be very direct with anyone I talk to and any thread I comment on. so if I disliked anyone here I wouldn't have a problem making it well known. Greta is cool and I enjoy reading her comments on these forums. just ignore the ones that think you are annoying or dislike you cause everyone hating you isn't true.

I thought your doctored image of "Hey look Kevin's back" was Awesome; I literally Laughed Out Loud!
    Negumiko
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    I thought your doctored image of "Hey look Kevin's back" was Awesome; I literally Laughed Out Loud!

in a way it kind of felt accurate. mabi is a very small community kind of abandoned and forgotten about compared to most mmo games out there. so I feel like we really are like those abandoned fish around the campfire in that pit and it is sad to see players leave our community.
    Wolfsinger
  • HelsaHelsa
    Negumiko wrote: »

in a way it kind of felt accurate. mabi is a very small community kind of abandoned and forgotten about compared to most mmo games out there. so I feel like we really are like those abandoned fish around the campfire in that pit and it is sad to see players leave our community.

Yeah I know what you mean, but we have to make a distinction between leaving the community forever and doing so temporarily. The game must always come first. Leaving it temporarily can actually be a good thing; particularly for the jaded. It's what? Twenty years old now and they're still making changes to it. If you step away for a while and come back then it is almost literally a new game. It's kinda like Minecraft that way. As for the forums, you know, why not be nicer, won't that make people feel more welcome. So kudos to you and your efforts there.
    Wolfsinger
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger

Personally Greta, I do actually sincerely enjoy seeing you around. Negumiko said it better than I probably ever could, but you are one of the people I would actually like to see stick around. We might not always see eye-to-eye on things, but I have enjoyed our interactions and respect yours because you've respected mine.
    I'm just a simple hermit, but I do enjoy seeing you around