Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Did u guys manage to finish it?

noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
edited December 9, 2020 in General Chat
Did anyone who started doing chapter 6 (generations 19, 20, 21) and chapter 7 (generations 22, 23, 24) during the "Generation Boost Event" manage to finish it during the events duration ?

Comments

• Momma_SophieMomma_Sophie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,575
    Props to all who did, if you did. I sympathize with your suffering.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I'm still on G11, I know nothing of everyone's pain.
    CrimsọnRadiant Dawn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I finished far before this event. :smirk:
  • XehalinXehalin
    Mabinogi Rep: 530
    edited December 10, 2020
    I did 23 and 24 within 3 days. It was pretty awful, and I'm bummed out I had to skip on so much text. I'm shocked at how long they both were. I had already completed up through 22, so luckily, I didn't have to do them.
  • StormbeastStormbeast
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,300
    I completed 21 and 24, my wife completed 21-24
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    Did not participate in anything, didn't even touch the NPCs

6GQjWgT.jpg
  • aeternitisaeternitis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
    Finished 19-23 and some of 24 before the carpal tunnel kicked in from so much space-bar spamming.
  • ShiryllianShiryllian
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    I am genuinely confused, it shouldn't have been that hard to finish them with the event. I did G24 on my main, and then 22-24 on my alt and had plenty of time to spare. Spacebar + Click skips text far faster.
  • TeasesTeases
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,630
    Completed the finale of G23 and all of G24 yesterday.
    Only trouble I came across was the Out of Memory(?) crash during the G24 finale.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Shiryllian wrote: »
    I am genuinely confused, it shouldn't have been that hard to finish them with the event. I did G24 on my main, and then 22-24 on my alt and had plenty of time to spare. Spacebar + Click skips text far faster.

Some people are actually trying to read the story, including myself, but I gave up on that not even halfway on G24 lol. It was awfully boring all of sudden, so I just skipped trough while trying to read a sentence or two. I only needed to finish G24 and so I did.
    KensamaofmariHelsa
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Not gonna lie, I forgot it was a thing, because more often than not I forget the gens themselves are a thing.
    KensamaofmariRadiant Dawn
  • AdenoAdeno
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,595
    I managed to finish all of them last night, but I definitely took my time reading and enjoying the story. I even recorded G22 to 24 on video for memory's sake. I don't like skipping text especially when the story's the juicy part.

Before I started doing the main quests, a lot of the characters I've been seeing had no meaning to me. I sometimes see them in Mini-Gem forms in the game that people take out to display. "Who is this Bhatair? What's a Murielle? What in the world are those Pokemon Darrig things?!" As I played through the storyline, I understood each character and I ended up loving all of them, even the supposed villains.

The story missions were pretty nice even though a lot of them were filled with dialogue. Some parts even had voice acting, which I found to be strange because there were only two or three parts that had those. I wish the entire game had voice acting. Stealth missions were... not that enjoyable due to how you're usually slowed down to a turtle's pace tiptoeing around. Being able to play as other characters was nice, but I honestly had a hard time with the controls because of how I'm unfamiliar with their skills. I remember playing as a certain archer, and since I couldn't properly use her bow and arrow attacks, I just started Smashing and Windmilling everyone just like I do on my main swordsman character lol! I'm just glad that at the very least, whenever you have to play as other characters, you are given some of your basic skills like Smash and Windmill.

I would love to see an anime adaptation of the Mabinogi story sometime in the future. The story's very interesting so far, the characters are quite charming and awesome, and I think it's a pretty great take on Welsh myths and legends. The relationships between the characters are also pretty awesome, especially near the end of G24 after all of those revelations.

G25 is something I'm excited for. I want to see how the story proceeds. The two new characters shown in the preview pictures do look interesting. I also hope they would improve on the stealth type of missions because the character just moves too slow.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Greta wrote: »
    Shiryllian wrote: »

Some people are actually trying to read the story, including myself, but I gave up on that not even halfway on G24 lol. It was awfully boring all of sudden, so I just skipped trough while trying to read a sentence or two. I only needed to finish G24 and so I did.
    Wolfsinger wrote: »
    Not gonna lie, I forgot it was a thing, because more often than not I forget the gens themselves are a thing.

I forgot until Leinei's thread. I kept gathering those daily crystals wondering what they were for.
    Wolfsinger
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    TT~TT so most people were skipping stuff no wonder u guys manage to finish it
    I only manage to finish g22 and I was already half way through it when I continued during event. I never skipped a thing and I even feel bad that I didn't get to read all cutscenes, I tried my best buts still too fast for me. I didnt rush it cause I wanted to enjoy the generations as much as I could.

I guess the main reasons why cutscenes will never slow down is because most people seems to be ok with skipping it.
  • ShiryllianShiryllian
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    I mean, honestly you didn't miss much by skipping the dialogue. G24 was extremely chatty even though it was far more dangerous than the rest. So much dialogue that could cut in half or even put into one sentence.

"Here's the plan, go there and then there." The end
    VS
    "Here's the plan, (insert 50 page mla format essay here)."
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited December 11, 2020
    Got through Alban Knights content and up to roughly the middle of G23 before I ran out of time! XD

I've already done the content on my main, so I actually did it on an alt that I was building up.
  • starkiller1286starkiller1286
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,790
    Nope, gen 21s doppleganger gate kept me from it though I did get around to beating gen 12 for the brionac but it doesn't strip meaningful proc or defense leaving it as the only viable weapon despite my bone dragon debuffs I just can't dish out much injury to get past 98%.
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    Nope, gen 21s doppleganger gate kept me from it though I did get around to beating gen 12 for the brionac but it doesn't strip meaningful proc or defense leaving it as the only viable weapon despite my bone dragon debuffs I just can't dish out much injury to get past 98%.

Pretty much this. I was watching video's of people performing this and it was over an hour long process. I'm not sure how I even managed to get past this part myself as I had mostly alchemy at the time. I would probably say that, if you are not dying a lot and it's just a vigorous process....Just set aside some time to just keep at it via melee or whatnot. The injury adds up even if it is just a little and at some point it kind of slows down it's heals and then speeds it up. So it's really by chance to dwindle it's HP down enough before it does a boost of healing. I forget what the pattern was for it. Wish I had the older threads to refer to. I remember posting myself in there after failing and dying so many times when it was first released.

I know I used my summon golem a lot.

Back on topic...no I didn't finish my generation quests during this period. I'm sure there will be other chances.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    You guys really need to catch up. We don't know how much longer this game will remain online.
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    You guys really need to catch up. We don't know how much longer this game will remain online.

But it won't matter around that point then will it?