Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Unofficial Official Minecraft Thread

SherriSherri
Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
edited February 4, 2021 in Town Square
post your minceraft pictures here
show off your builds or achievements, or that really cool redstone thing you made
doesn't matter what version you play java master race or if you play with mods, feel free to share your memecrafts

this is my most recent build that i have screenshots of, building a small Japanese inspired town
also if you want the resource pack.. well idk if links are against the rules but here ya go
(also i have to say that for the screenshot i took, the pack isn't updated past 1.13 so my screenshot looks a bit different)
i might come back and post more pictures of it if people want me to, i just took this aerial view so all of it is shown

F05MoyP.png
WolfsingerHelsa

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited February 5, 2021
    Nice! It's a very charming site! What are the roofs (rooves?) made out of; prismarine? I see a mountain not long for this world . . . or maybe a future tunnel. :) Are the roads made from nether brick?

I gotta do some file juggling then load Minecraft; I think I'll post some pictures!
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    yup, prismarine! and thats a good idea, i could make a tunnel :O maybe a mountain path too
    i used stone bricks for the road if i remember correctly? i'll have to take a vanilla screenshot of it for comparison ^^
    Helsa
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited February 6, 2021
    Sherri wrote: »
    yup, prismarine! and thats a good idea, i could make a tunnel :O maybe a mountain path too
    i used stone bricks for the road if i remember correctly? i'll have to take a vanilla screenshot of it for comparison ^^

Did you do this is survival? If so, how did you get so much prismarine? Do you have a prismarine farm? If so I'd like to see that. If you make a tunnel remember to light it up. Still badies might seek shelter in it when the sun comes up.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Helsa wrote: »

Did you do this is survival? If so, how did you get so much prismarine? Do you have a prismarine farm? If so I'd like to see that. If you make a tunnel remember to light it up. Still badies might seek shelter in it when the sun comes up.

i did it in creative, my goal is to build a ton and then switch to survival but rn im too addicted to Starbound lol
    Helsa
  • HelsaHelsa

i did it in creative, my goal is to build a ton and then switch to survival but rn im too addicted to Starbound lol

I don't blame you. Once I made a sea lantern factory in survival. It took two months and I died like a dozen times and this was when the seas were safe! If I were to do it now, I'd have to drink potions, pardon the cheap joke, like a fish. I was lucky though in that my ocean monument was just off-shore from a desert biome; sand o-plenty!
    Sherri
  • HelsaHelsa
    Okay, this image is pre-village-and-pillage hence the old-style testificate buildings. I started out fencing in the town to protect it and then i kinda went overboard expanding it to fill the local area.
    UmxlugR.jpg
    SherriWolfsinger
  • SherriSherri
    Okay, this image is pre-village-and-pillage hence the old-style testificate buildings. I started out fencing in the town to protect it and then i kinda went overboard expanding it to fill the local area.
    UmxlugR.jpg

Oooh it looks really nice, i love how you built the other houses kinda similar to the villages :D
    im also curious about that bridge over there
    Helsa
  • HelsaHelsa
    Here is a side view of the bridge in all it's glory.
    4otaXkB.jpg
    I like building bridges. All kinds not just suspension bridges; this isn't even my biggest one!

Here's a view from the top of the towers nearest the town.
    d4CttsI.jpg
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    jeez thats really good, how do you keep it so symmetrical? :O
    Helsa
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited February 17, 2021
    jeez thats really good, how do you keep it so symmetrical? :O

I do plan them out first; I don't build as I go. I also build from both ends simultaneously. This means you have to do some surveying to site everything correctly. Here's a picture of a strait I'm planning to put a bridge over. The bridge will be at 45 degrees to the cardinal directions.

muanaNH.jpg

So you see the two site pillars in the foreground. Way in the distance you see another pillar. So the idea is to line them up. Once you know they're on the same line, you have the center-line of the bridge, and Roberto is your tío.

I said earlier I have a bigger bridge, here 'tis:

VEfyYbF.jpg

Since I made all this in survival, it takes time. This bridge was a couple months, as I recall. But that does include the viaduct attached to it and the highway leading to it from both ends.

Here's a truss bridge:

wJpFmIU.jpg

I build these over rivers.

Here's a couple stone multi-arch bridges. This type of bridge I use to make viaducts:

wskp4uR.jpg

Note the BIG bridge in the background.

Zja7yQt.jpg

That's the built up Testificate town in the background. This is just whats on the other side of the mountain where you see the highway go.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    edited February 17, 2021
    ahhh that explains it, i just wing my builds and count the blocks and pray it looks decent
    building bridges looks really fun though, i'll have to try and build more and get the hang of it! the one in the original post was more like a practice run than anything... actually, i think i'll stop being lazy and boot it up now and see if i can get more screenshots
    Helsa
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited February 17, 2021
    ahhh that explains it, i just wing my builds and count the blocks and pray it looks decent
    building bridges looks really fun though, i'll have to try and build more and get the hang of it! the one in the original post was more like a practice run than anything... actually, i think i'll stop being lazy and boot it up now and see if i can get more screenshots

When the bridges are part of a road system it's kinda fun to ride a horse down them, especially if you have some nice long roads. I like building roads too. If you find yourself going back and forth between a few locations put in a road. Roads in the game do all the same things that roads in the real world do:
    1) roads are an information system: they show you how to get somewhere; just follow the road,
    2) roads make travel faster. Once you've built the bridges, tunnels, cuts through ridges and so on,
    3) roads make traveling safer. Avoid falling, and maybe run past mobs.
    Maybe I'll take some shots of some of my roads.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri

When the bridges are part of a road system it's kinda fun to ride a horse down them, especially if you have some nice long roads. I like building roads too. If you find yourself going back and forth between a few locations put in a road. Roads in the game do all the same things that roads in the real world do:
    1) roads are an information system: they show you how to get somewhere; just follow the road,
    2) roads make travel faster. Once you've built the bridges, tunnels, cuts through ridges and so on,
    3) roads make traveling safer. Avoid falling, and maybe run past mobs.
    Maybe I'll take some shots of some of my roads.

oooh can't wait! and i definitely agree, they also give your world some more life
    i usually always make a road system when i get the chance, even just a plain cobblestone road can really help out :p
    Helsa
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited February 18, 2021
    oooh can't wait! and i definitely agree, they also give your world some more life
    i usually always make a road system when i get the chance, even just a plain cobblestone road can really help out :p

Allrightythen; twist my arm.

In this world my highways are made out of cobbled half slabs since they are: very cheap, discourage spawning, and can't be moved by Endermen. They are three blocks wide and travel in 16 different directions: the four cardinals, the four 45s, and the eight chess-knight moves. For slopes I will either cut into ridges or add material to maintain a half-block per block grade so that you don't need to jump and can safely go downhill on a horse at full gallop, without overshooting the slope. Furthermore, I add a two block wide shoulder on both sides, made of soul sand, to slow hostile mobs that might chase you.

You'll also see I started to make secondary roads, in the country side, out of course dirt. The idea was to set up wheat farms since mobs can't spawn on crops which would make the countryside look more realistic and make it safer. Here's a whole bunch of aerial shots. You should be able to identify the subject of the previous images, that I have posted, in them.
    This is the view of the other side of the city bridge.
    bL1sY2I.jpeg
    This is the other highway leaving the city.
    nXPXM5Y.jpg
    Here is the developed side of the future bridge I'll be making.
    EgIqqCq.jpg
    This is the view just over the ridge from the highway on the left, in the previous image.
    osHz7rN.jpg
    A little farther down the road
    PEDRbsY.jpg
    A little farther and from higher up.
    QE3gnaN.jpg
    Farther still.
    y6OuXxA.jpg
    And so on.
    lUqUfDK.jpg
    I follow the highway on the right.
    9DUNImv.jpg
    The town at the end of that highway. This town is near badlands.
    OC0Q3oQ.jpg
    Following the next highway out of that town. The mountains were really tall here so I didn't feel like doing the work to set back the slopes of the cuts through them. So, I made sheer walls of stone brick to resemble an anti-landslip retaining wall.
    DJWreQF.jpg
    A little further down that road.
    50FnRoH.jpg
    The town at the end of this highway. Notice on the left the fenced-in and leveled area. This was jungle. This was made when you needed to tame ocelots to get cats. This "corral" made that easier.
    Of5dq9h.jpg
    A little farther down the other highway out of that town. You can see another town nearby.
    ypNbGKO.jpg
    A little farther down the road of the other highway out of this town.
    vtKoxJB.jpg
    Farther still.
    MzSKx7p.jpg
    And so on back over some ground.
    ggfZrp4.jpg
    And on. There's the city bridge.
    TcDf2Hx.jpg
    And back at the big city
    gudEsG3.jpg
    Here's the view from very high up looking straight down on the city. The big structure on the right is an artificial town built higher than the clouds to breed testificates and to act as an iron farm; albeit a very inefficient one. There's a zombie dungeon under the big city which I've set-up for breeding testificates from zombies. They're sent up to the arcology, where they breed. Population is siphoned off back to the big city on the ground to grow it's population. If you look hard enough you might find the original city well to see where the original town was.
    FvDPzim.jpg
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    took some vanilla pics...
    9n7F0hK.png
    vRfhIkR.png
    inside a house..
    UVOafTC.png
    X3UtQsM.png
    also, this looks better in the resource pack i have lol
    vanilla
    yXUk1wT.png
    not vanilla
    sLrqTh0.png
    aaand nice sunsets
    CYHPDnC.png
    mTAmFdh.png
    Helsa
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited February 21, 2021
    Ooooo! I like how you did the arm rests. I've just used signs; it never occurred to me to use trap doors! Are the switches for opening the fridge? I see the roads are regular stone brick not netherbrick, except for that one shot. Sometimes, I use fence gates for window shutters or cowboy saloon doors. I like your Zen rock garden and how you used the buttons; I'd have never thought of that! How about putting in a torii. I don't generally focus on interior aesthetics, but occasionally I do; I'll see what I can dig up. I may have to hire you to be my interior decorator!

Oh BTW. Barrels are cheaper to make than chests and have no placement restrictions.
    Sherri
  • HelsaHelsa
    Here's a vacation cottage on the lake.
    Exterior shots
    This is the view from the lake. You can see the boat house, gazebo, and cabin (behind the tree.
    SoaYZiE.jpg
    Here you can see the boat house from beside the dock as well as the gazebo.
    V5Os83P.jpg
    Here is the interior of the boat house. This was made a long time ago, hense the torches.
    htAAjRx.jpg
    Here is the base of the stone steps up to the cabin.
    kXysgh0.jpg
    Part way up.
    ccGHQKs.jpg
    The top of the steps. Note the smoke coming out of the chimney.
    tK2Y8GZ.jpg
    The walk way out to the gazebo.
    B2s8zQU.jpg
    The gazebo at noon.
    sgux6wp.jpg
    The gazebo at midnight.
    gQeyqPM.jpg
    The front face of the cabin.
    jYhg1EE.jpg

Interior shots
    View of the ground floor from the kitchen.
    fyAHbAS.jpg
    View of the kitchen.
    5ZDBEqQ.jpg
    View of the music player.
    B752MOo.jpg
    View of the ground floor, from the music player.
    P0ukgmH.jpg
    View of the second floor loft.
    pLGIkoy.jpg
    View from the second floor loft.
    bPWRpX1.jpg
    Master bed room.
    MIDEujv.jpg
    Secondary bed room.
    Zq9O0xB.jpg
    The W.C.
    pMnytEv.jpg

The Cabin has a dark secret
    The view out the front door. Why's the land so perfectly flat, and why are the hills so set back perfectly?
    hEKeyvu.jpg
    And what's this trap door doing in the loo?
    eOtxinf.jpg
    What's this all about?
    m8kQLON.jpg
    The bottom of the shaft. Wait this is starting to look familiar.
    JTIjATo.jpg
    Really familiar!
    E1INnvC.jpg
    Is this a military base?
    UgiMvlz.jpg
    What's through here?
    VDSk8MO.jpg
    Here's a hallway and some rooms.
    yU0E75V.jpg
    This is the second floor of some quarters. This is definitely some kind of secret base.
    9WBl1BM.jpg
    Looking back down that hall.
    pjQNiK6.jpg
    Looking the same direction from a side room. What game is this secret base from?
    5TjgfLO.jpg

Here's a nice little Restaurant in a city.
    Here's a street view of the restaurant.
    Dnie348.jpg
    Here's another street view of it
    M7X5Pay.jpg
    Here's a view from just inside the door.
    E0zvcSz.jpg
    Here's a view from the opposite corner.
    8f0JqOp.jpg
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    ooooh i love the cabin interior! i feel dumb for not knowing the secret though x.x
    i'm gonna see if i have any worlds that have a lot of building and grab some screenshots... gonna be difficult because i'm so used to getting bored of one world and making another x.x
    i have a good idea of what to post next though!
    Helsa
  • HelsaHelsa
    ooooh i love the cabin interior! i feel dumb for not knowing the secret though x.x
    i'm gonna see if i have any worlds that have a lot of building and grab some screenshots... gonna be difficult because i'm so used to getting bored of one world and making another x.x
    i have a good idea of what to post next though!

EEEEEE; I can't wait!!!!!

I have many different worlds; that's normal. The secret base was from the original, early 90's, XCOM game. There was something else I intended to include in the previous post but forgot to, so I'll put it here.

My Tropical Island Fishing Get Away Spot. I wanted to make a sleepy little island grass shack, in paradice, to stay in and fish. You know, the kind of place that you spend ten grand a night to stay at so you can live like Robinson Caruso.
    Here's my quiet fishing get-away spot. I built up a sand bar in the middle of the ocean and planted Acacia trees. I had a shovel with silk touch to bring grass to the Helsa-made island.
    H1gjZff.jpg
    Here's the view of the interior of the island from the canopy.
    xCq3i8p.jpg
    Here's a view of the island from the garden. You need a garden if the fish ain't bitin'!
    5jbjY2s.jpg
    Here's a view of my little grass shack and garden.
    XFIc4sM.jpg
    Here's a view from off the dock.
    TQfJe58.jpg
    Here's a view of the interior of the little grass shack.
    ZdwmCW8.jpg
    Sherri
  • HelsaHelsa
    In the meantime, I've made some nice mid-century art deco-ish factories (the gaming term is farm) I think I'll take some screenies.