Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Together in Erinn

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
in Vault
We are merging once again! Read all about the server merge details on our webpost.
220321_togetherinerinn_newsarticleheader_940x290-2.jpg
Shakaya

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited March 24, 2022
    Erinn will have ten channels, just like Nao. I can't say I was indifferent when I read that; I'm actually concerned. My hope is that the same miscalculation occurs that boosted Nao from 7 to 10 and boosts Erinn to, say, 14.

While Alexinans having to bear the name issue alone is unfair since they were left out of the first merge, the end result is still better. Hopefully, Nexon can make the necessary changes to allow for unlimited name duplication, but I'll leave starting that campaign until after the merge.
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Well, they did say they'd keep an eye on how the channels do. I would have liked more raids though, just for higher drop frequencies.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    Alexina only has about 3 really active channels so I don't think 10 channels will be a problem. Even if it is a issue I doubt we would need anymore then 12 channels max.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Negumiko wrote: »
    Alexina only has about 3 really active channels so I don't think 10 channels will be a problem. Even if it is a issue I doubt we would need anymore then 12 channels max.

My concern isn't about channels being too busy, my concern is what not having more channels indicates about the health of the game overall.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited March 24, 2022
    I'm probably the minority here, but these news literally made me upset to the point i'm thinking about quitting Mabinogi for real now. I don't need this merge, i'm not into mood getting botched names and other crap that might break after merge.

P.S: At this point, i'm giving Mabinogi NA another ~5 years until it's demise. The merge to one server will really show how this game is going to turn totally dead months/years after and there will be no other way to save it anymore.
    MarsBarsFromTheStarspawcalypseEraleaWolfsingerSherri
  • HelsaHelsa
    Greta wrote: »
    I'm probably the minority here, but these news literally made me upset to the point i'm thinking about quitting Mabinogi for real now. I don't need this merge, i'm not into mood getting botched names and other crap that might break after merge.

:(
  • LyniLyni
    Mabinogi Rep: 845
    For example, duplicate character names across servers will only be changed for Alexina characters to “Name+Alexina” and Nao character names will not be changed.

Why not give Nao players "Name+Nao"? I was happy to hear about the merge at first but Alexina gets the short end of the stick again. We were left out of the merge 2 years ago and now we can't even keep 12-year-old character names as long as a body exists in Nao with it.
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited March 24, 2022
    Lyni wrote: »
    For example, duplicate character names across servers will only be changed for Alexina characters to “Name+Alexina” and Nao character names will not be changed.

Why not give Nao players "Name+Nao"? I was happy to hear about the merge at first but Alexina gets the short end of the stick again. We were left out of the merge 2 years ago and now we can't even keep 12-year-old character names as long as a body exists in Nao with it.

It is unfair to us Alexinans because we automatically lose in the name situation, whereas the original Tarlachites, Ruairians, and Marians all had an equal shot at their names. It's not our fault that we were left out of that merge.

However, from the Naowegian point of view, it would mean that they would all have to face the situation for a second time while Alexinans would have only faced it once. It's not THEIR fault that Alexina was left out of the first merge.

Either way is unfair, when it comes to names. So, what it comes down to is which unfairness pisses off the lesser amount of people. In my own case I know that, on Tax day, my name WILL have the +Alexina tag, I know this because I own my name on Nao. We've had almost three years to make characters on Nao to preserve our names. I did. In my case, I can change my Nao character name, freeing it up, then change my Alexina character name. I have that option, but I'm not gonna take it because I'm proud to be an Alexinan and I'm looking forward to the tag in my name.
    Musicat
  • LyniLyni
    We've had almost three years to make characters on Nao to preserve our names.
    Since when was the Alexina playerbase supposed to copy their characters to Nao in psychic anticipation of a second merge?
  • LyniLyni
    In my case, I can change my Nao character name, freeing it up, then change my Alexina character name.

I don't think you can do this according to the patch notes:
    As of the March 24th maintenance, the following changes have been made, affecting Alexina and Nao servers:
    The Name Change page on the website will be unavailable for use until after the server merge on April 14th.
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited March 24, 2022
    We've had almost three years to make characters on Nao to preserve our names.
    Since when was the Alexina playerbase supposed to copy their characters to Nao in psychic anticipation of a second merge?

I'm sorry if I'm upsetting you; it was not my intention. I have been saying since the first merge that a final merge is inevitable. I'll be honest, the timing of this one did take me by surprise but that it is happening didn't. So, in anticipation of a final merge, whenever it might have been, I took the precautions, as soon as I could, to be prepared for it.
    In my case, I can change my Nao character name, freeing it up, then change my Alexina character name.

I don't think you can do this according to the patch notes:
    As of the March 24th maintenance, the following changes have been made, affecting Alexina and Nao servers:
    The Name Change page on the website will be unavailable for use until after the server merge on April 14th.

Not right away, of course, but I own all the names, so time is on my side. Eventually, the restrictions will be lifted and the change name service will go back into operation.
  • ViciFlameViciFlame
    Mabinogi Rep: 720
    May I suggest implementation of last/family names so first names can be kept?
    Musicat
  • HelsaHelsa
    ViciFlame wrote: »
    May I suggest implementation of last/family names so first names can be kept?

It's an idea but it just kicks the can down the road since as it is now there can only be one <Tony> <Stark> or <Son> <Goku> or whatever. I have already suggested what they should do to finally solve this and they should since there would be a market in it for them. I'll start on that quest after the merge though since for now I just want to enjoy the moment.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited March 24, 2022
    Greta wrote: »

P.S: At this point, i'm giving Mabinogi NA another ~5 years until it's demise. The merge to one server will really show how this game is going to turn totally dead months/years after and there will be no other way to save it anymore.

You know that's what they said 3 years ago during the first merge. "Oh mabi is only going to be around for a couple more years". Similar statements are said every year by someone.

Helsa wrote: »
    Negumiko wrote: »

My concern isn't about channels being too busy, my concern is what not having more channels indicates about the health of the game overall.

It really doesn't because everyone who jumped to Alexina jumped back. There won't be that much of a difference.
    Musicatdobleswor
  • MegapuffjonoMegapuffjono
    Mabinogi Rep: 635
    I agree, I am actually very upset about this bit of news. My main character has a name that I am very fond of that she has held for many years. I do not like how Alexina automatically has to change names regardless of how new, how old, or inactive another account is. If they share the same name, Alexina gets shafted without any exceptions and I am not okay with that. It should be, that whichever of the two accounts is OLDER gets to keep the name. I would even accept, whichever of the two accounts logged in first would get to keep it. Because If I didn't get the name, at least I would have had an equal opportunity to try for it. But this..... this is enough to make me cry because I know without a doubt that my name will be taken. I come and go throughout the year as I shift through games, but I always come back to Mabi because I have invested so much into the game and enjoy the time I spend. However, if I log in after maintenance and my name is taken I honestly think I won't be coming back. Yes, it is just a name. But its the principal that it just seems as if you guys are taking the easy way out of deciding who gets to keep what. That other ways would require more work or more coding and that this would be easier. Well, it may be easier but its not at all fair to anyone, not in the least.
    CyroccopawcalypseSlayexSherri
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I agree, I am actually very upset about this bit of news. My main character has a name that I am very fond of that she has held for many years. I do not like how Alexina automatically has to change names regardless of how new, how old, or inactive another account is. If they share the same name, Alexina gets shafted without any exceptions and I am not okay with that. It should be, that whichever of the two accounts is OLDER gets to keep the name. I would even accept, whichever of the two accounts logged in first would get to keep it. Because If I didn't get the name, at least I would have had an equal opportunity to try for it. But this..... this is enough to make me cry because I know without a doubt that my name will be taken. I come and go throughout the year as I shift through games, but I always come back to Mabi because I have invested so much into the game and enjoy the time I spend. However, if I log in after maintenance and my name is taken I honestly think I won't be coming back. Yes, it is just a name. But its the principal that it just seems as if you guys are taking the easy way out of deciding who gets to keep what. That other ways would require more work or more coding and that this would be easier. Well, it may be easier but its not at all fair to anyone, not in the least.

I heard people saying that "you should of nabbed a name during the first merge". How right they were.
  • MegapuffjonoMegapuffjono
    Mabinogi Rep: 635
    Crimsọn wrote: »

I heard people saying that "you should of nabbed a name during the first merge". How right they were.

Nabbed a name? Perhaps they were right, but why on earth should I have had to nab a name on another server in the first place. All other server merges I have been a part of for other companies have had equal opportunity for name merging. I had assumed that they would have put some thought into the mater instead of taking the easy way out. But I was wrong for that and that one was on me. Even still, it does nothing to lessen my anger. And so my husband and I stand united in this together. If we do not have equal footing for retaining our characters names, we walk and move on to other things. We have played for many years, have spent hundreds of dollars in pets, gatcha's and rebirth cards and have so many memories. So much invested. Its what kept us coming back all this time. But this, no. Something like this creates nothing more than a grudge against the company. It just leaves me deflated and sad, and I am just done.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Crimsọn wrote: »

Nabbed a name? Perhaps they were right, but why on earth should I have had to nab a name on another server in the first place. All other server merges I have been a part of for other companies have had equal opportunity for name merging. I had assumed that they would have put some thought into the mater instead of taking the easy way out. But I was wrong for that and that one was on me. Even still, it does nothing to lessen my anger. And so my husband and I stand united in this together. If we do not have equal footing for retaining our characters names, we walk and move on to other things. We have played for many years, have spent hundreds of dollars in pets, gatcha's and rebirth cards and have so many memories. So much invested. Its what kept us coming back all this time. But this, no. Something like this creates nothing more than a grudge against the company. It just leaves me deflated and sad, and I am just done.

Alexina has been particularly dead in 2022, so I suspect Nexon had to short-track taking the action to deal with it, and so did so before they were properly prepared. I said, before the first merge that the worst possible scenario was a partial merge. Yes, some of us on Alexina saw which way the wind was blowing from the get-go and took the action to safe guard control of our names. Now, if someone was lucky enough to nab, say, Goku or Kitsune, on Alexina they were likely S.O.O.L since, very likely, someone on Nao would already have it.

This can all be fixed. How has already been discussed on these forums. After the merge, implementing a good solution will be something I'll be beaching about here.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    OH THANK GOD I KEEP MY NAMES i am unable to handle another one of those name fiascos, literally cannot even imagine it
    anyway.. this merge surprised me as well, im shocked we're getting it
    felt just like yesterday i came back after a hiatus to find Mari, Tarlach and Ruairi merging...
  • WanderIustWanderIust
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,490
    edited March 24, 2022
    I'm relieved to hear that Nao players are not forced to change their names again.
    I spent a LOT of money on Name Changes and Pet Medals to remove +Server tags after the Nao merge.
    There were names I lost because of the merge. I definitely don't want to go through that hassle all over again.