Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Who will miss mabi if/when it shuts down?

dra011dra011
Mabinogi Rep: 2,010
in Town Square
I was listening to some of the old mabi login music and started thinking about how much i would miss mabi if it was shut down that also got me wondering how many others would too so i decided to do this.
  1. Would you miss mabi if it was to shut down?.58 votes
    1. yes i would.
       74% (43 votes)
    2. nope not at all.
       2% (1 vote)
    3. Maybe a little.
       21% (12 votes)
    4. I wouldn't really care either way.
       3% (2 votes)

Comments

• ZarozianZarozian
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
    I'd be fine if Peria Chronicles came out before that happens.

A lot of ex-Mabinogi players really look forward to that game....but it's taking extremely long.
  • XxazurekitexXxazurekitex
    Mabinogi Rep: 445
    Yes.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited February 19, 2017
    I've noticed that the official Peria Chronicles FB page has info in English... and they did have a page once with the same description of PC, but Korean text on the left with English text on the right. Aside from that, they did say there would be English because the coding is essentially the same for players giving items commands, and you can share the books you make. That being said, I am 100% positive that even if there were problems, we'd have plenty of forum users making guides. https://www.facebook.com/nexon.periachronicles/?fref=nf
  • RocisRocis
    Mabinogi Rep: 985
    i would miss it, reason why is this game was a big chunk of my childhood started to play this game when i was 10
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    I spent most of my high school years playing this game so it would be sad to know I could never log in again.
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    I dunno... But, I'll be there to see it.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Obviously. :'(
    This game is my fantasy life!
  • SunbeamtheGreatSunbeamtheGreat
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,290
    I would miss it, BECAUSE I SPENT A LOT OF $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ INTO IT! THIS MMORPG IS VERY MUCH THE IMAGE OF AN ANIME MMO!!!! Defining your own anime!

I doubt it may go out of business. Despite that some players are moving on...
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    edited February 21, 2017
    I would most definitely miss Mabinogi. I've been playing since 2009 and have rarely taken any breaks from it. I'm attached to each of my characters and most of my pets. I've met many different and amazing players throughout the years and have made so many friends. I also met my fiancé on Mabinogi back in 2010.

I've asked myself a few times in the past, what would happen if this great game vanished. I would be sad but at the same time just thankful for all the fun times, great memories, and cool people that it brought into my life. ^^
    SunbeamtheGreatSherriFilthyRedDevil
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    I'd definitely miss it, as it's one of the few MMOs my potato of a computer can still run (all of which are in terminal decline, sadly).

If the game keeps hemorrhaging 5% of its player base every month like it's been doing the last couple of years, the end may be closer than we think. The KR servers might live on for some time, but I have no illusions that Nexon NA won't put our servers on the chopping block if it comes to the point that there aren't enough whales to milk to pay the bills.
  • potionbrewpotionbrew
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    Even if I'm not playing the day that happens, I'd definitely miss it at least a little bit. I spent so much time here after all ^^

Peria Chronicles is something I'm also looking forward to though <3
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    edited February 23, 2017
    anyone know the planned publisher for Peria Chronicles?

Edit
    :i mean the English Version, or will it Nexon too?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited February 23, 2017
    I love Mabinogi, it is a game I consistently return to even after months or sometimes years. I am thankful for everything that it has provided and done over the years. But I will tell you this, I would be pissed if it shut down. So pissed I would go to El Segundo to protest in front of that big office building.

I would expect that when or if that time comes you will all be there to join me. My community, my family.

I mean it wouldn't even have to be a protest, just a gathering. ^_^
  • AxelrodAxelrod
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,165
    My vote was easy. Surprisingly, I'm the only one so far. I've met some great people, but they've all been on a server that is different from mine, which is fairly depressing. Unlike most of the voters, I don't have a reason to keep going back to Mabinogi.

If Mabi were to disappear, all of the mass-temptation would disappear along with it, which is a plus for me. I've bought enough art of my mabi character to have that as a keepsake outside of the game, and that won't disappear if the game were to. As a person who's blown their fair share of money on Mabinogi's cash grabs, I'm probably one of the only people who really would not mind if it disappeared forever. It's really quite a scar.

Not all is bad though. Most of the friends I've met in a smaller clan Discord have mostly come from Mabi, although the time we played actively is long long past. Now anytime we want to laugh or cringe, we use the "M" word. So I guess there's that.
  • XxBearslayerxXXxBearslayerxX
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,230
    Hah...I would probably fall into depression for a little, and chronicle all the adventures I can recall into a book. After which, I would be on the server until the servers finally shut down. This game took up a significant portion of my teen years. Many friends, many memories, have been made, before it shuts down. I'd like to be remembered. I was here. I was here from start to finish. I existed in this world. I fell in love with this world.
This discussion has been closed.