Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Star piece event

Comments

• SutaruSutaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,715
    So do you get the same color star as the broken star piece?? Or is that random as well???
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited March 3, 2017
    Sutaru wrote: »
    So do you get the same color star as the broken star piece?? Or is that random as well???

It's random. Today i tried to repair dark blue colored star piece and got green star piece from it.
    Sutaru
  • SutaruSutaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,715
    Greta wrote: »
    Sutaru wrote: »

It's random. Today i tried to repair dark blue colored star piece and got green star piece from it.

Ok thanks!! I must just have bad luck then. I've gotten 3 blues and was starting to wonder if it was because I keep getting blueish star pieces.
    Kryo
  • ShugshugShugshug
    Mabinogi Rep: 570
    Well I guess I'll buy if possible if not I won't participate in this event. I hate sms, I hate spamming, and I don't like having to party up for events. Suks for me lol
    badnewsbarrett
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    Bugbear wrote: »
    Am I the only one who didn't get today's chisels after the 7 am reset?

i didn't either.. just got the attendance event prize for staying logged an in-game day so technically should have got the chisels too but they didn't appear :'(
  • AutographAutograph
    Mabinogi Rep: 970
    Shugshug wrote: »
    Well I guess I'll buy if possible if not I won't participate in this event. I hate sms, I hate spamming, and I don't like having to party up for events. Suks for me lol
    Can I ask what you actually do on this game, then? I'm honestly curious.

Greta
  • ShugshugShugshug
    Mabinogi Rep: 570
    edited March 3, 2017
    Autograph wrote: »
    Shugshug wrote: »
    Can I ask what you actually do on this game, then? I'm honestly curious.

Sure you may. xD I train skills, (not in sms) I do events, I buy sell trade,i do quests, including Gquests, i do festia, i do renown i have friends i hang out with SOMETIMES I just dont expect everyone wants to do what i do all the time. I am selective with friends i believe in quality not quanity. I play the game, i just dont believe you need to take 6 people with you everywhere you go and i dont think people should be forced to party up in order to do an event.
    May I ask what you do on the game? sms, and raids?
    SylviaWolfe
  • MediaKleptoMediaKlepto
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,865
    edited March 3, 2017
    Leinei wrote: »
    Tsumikki wrote: »
    Alright! I think hard missions really have 100% rate on star pieces.
    9 Shadow Warrior hard gave me 9 pieces. To think, this mission is doable with just r1 Smash and r1 Lullaby + maybe lvl 30 horse to smack the boss along with you. Manageable for a total newbie since one can keep collecting the daily chisels while training the skills, to run all the SMs later. Both could be trained in the new Music mini-Math dungeon.
    Now, with the actual star drop rates from the pieces it's either the suit or the pet pretty much. With pieces dropping 1 star per 7-10 pieces?... I'll try to not open the same color pieces to not waste the chisels I guess and trade/sell those in a small hope to get to both.
    Yeah I'm starting to notice each time I do a Hard Their Method, I get a piece.
    I can confirm that hardmode missions are not a 100% drop rate. I ran 7 solo hard BFT2s and about 12 with a friend, and came away with a total of 6 broken stars for me and 4 for him. The rates SEEM to be higher though, since friends running on int/adv aren't getting even that many. Elites definitely aren't 100% either as I've run about a dozen of those in the last few days and gotten maybe 3 from them.

Really sad I keep getting duplicate colored pieces I can't do anything with though. :C Out of the 3 I got today, all 3 were dupes.

Aeolys wrote: »
    Looks like Nexon is telling us a message. I'm hearing "everyone that ain't strong with them level 20 reforges and 10k total levels better stop playing! We only want the bestest players here. Everyone else can piss off!"
    ._. Really kind of hoping this is sarcasm. Once you're at the talent rank associated with hard level, with basic combat as your only staple, there are at LEAST a handful of missions that are quite easy with even basic/halfway decent completely unupgraded equipment.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    So logging in for one full game day is the only way for chisels? Aww poop.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    At least they could of made it so you don't get duplicates of coloured stars that you have already got. :/
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    Aeolys wrote: »
    Looks like Nexon is telling us a message. I'm hearing "everyone that ain't strong with them level 20 reforges and 10k total levels better stop playing! We only want the bestest players here. Everyone else can piss off!"

I literally lulzed. You can't be serious or even close. HMs aren't that demanding.

I think he's referring specifically to conflict spam, which seems to be the quickest way to gather star pieces.
  • Nicostlx087Nicostlx087
    Mabinogi Rep: 600
    So what to do if you got 2 same color stars ?
  • MizukoMizuko
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,315
    So far. The first 10 coins, I got 3 of the 7 colored stars in the collection book. Did not get a colored star the next day and the day after that.

It is best not to rush to complete the collection book until the 18th of March.

I rather focus on getting the pet than the outfit.

Just spam Conflict. It is based on RNG. Not difficulty.
  • Nicostlx087Nicostlx087
    Mabinogi Rep: 600
    Mizuko wrote: »
    So far. The first 10 coins, I got 3 of the 7 colored stars in the collection book. Did not get a colored star the next day and the day after that.

It is best not to rush to complete the collection book until the 18th of March.

I rather focus on getting the pet than the outfit.

Just spam Conflict. It is based on RNG. Not difficulty.
    I got 4 different color now and i got another indigo. Should i drop this or wait for nexon to update this ?
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    I tried doing conflict hm for the first time ever to see if I'm strong enough for it and wow I got lots of broken star pieces without realizing. So this is why conflict got so much hype. But I'm not strong enough to run it without gears, that repair fee and the possibility of getting my gears broken by npc gonna hurt..
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited March 4, 2017
    I wound up not getting my tools for today. I had to change channels to help a friend though, so I wonder if that messes up the counter. Trying reloading the game and waiting the day to see if it works.

Update: Reloading the game altogether works.
  • PannyaPannya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,710
    we should be able to get at least 1 outfit and the pet, idk why nexon expect us to recommend this game with such a trolling events, and guys, stop complaining about conflict hm, join in to the freaking parties, doesnt matter your lvl as a long and you can actually go in to the mission, there is a lot of strong players right now that can solo the entire thing, i dont mind to carry a couple of newb players and a lot of ppl i know do the same.
    GretaXiokunSherri
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    Pannya wrote: »
    we should be able to get at least 1 outfit and the pet, idk why nexon expect us to recommend this game with such a trolling events, and guys, stop complaining about conflict hm, join in to the freaking parties, doesnt matter your lvl as a long and you can actually go in to the mission, there is a lot of strong players right now that can solo the entire thing, i dont mind to carry a couple of newb players and a lot of ppl i know do the same.

I don't think it's fair to tell people to stop complaining when there are some players who actually like to run the missions themselves and not be carried through the entire thing.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100

I don't think it's fair to tell people to stop complaining when there are some players who actually like to run the missions themselves and not be carried through the entire thing.

I don't think I can tell people to stop complaining either because then I'd start complaining about people complaining.
    Then I'd be a hypocrite. </3

But hey, I like this event far more than the Caravan Joe event. And I LOVE the daily attendance event! :3
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805

Then why choose an online game where you will always find such event/quest that will require you to be in a group of players to make it easier and faster for everyone... But there will be always a person who will blame Nexon that they made another crappy event... I'm kinda happy it's not another dumb AFK event, because that's the most common type of event we get usually.