Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Star piece event

Comments

• ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    Got four stars out of mindless tedious shadow mission spamming, bought the last three to get my whistle. Repeating the same short boring task over and over again drives me batty. I'm done with it.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Sherri wrote: »
    Hey, I got a question. My friend and I decided to take a break from the Star Piece event yesterday and didn't go SM running. Today when I got my attendance event gift, I didn't get the star chisels? My friend got hers fine. I tried relogging and waiting again but still have gotten nothing. This is ridiculous..

EDIT: Obviously I got them like 5 minutes later. LOL
    That freaked me out and ticked me off. xP
    Strange..

Did you by any chance cc after logging in? I did that one day and I didn't get my chisels until I logged out, logged back in and waited 36 more minutes.
  • FoolieCooleFoolieCoole
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
    This event has been pure gold. Drop rate of broken stars is insane.
  • TtheHeroTtheHero
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,410
    So who else wants this event to return?

...Yeah, me neither. I got my Cloud pet, and that's all I'm gonna get out of it.
    badnewsbarrett
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    edited March 7, 2017
    TtheHero wrote: »

...Yeah, me neither. I got my Cloud pet, and that's all I'm gonna get out of it.

I'd love for it to return if they made drop rates better, or made it monster drops like the Meowbinogi marbles v.v I only got like three coins, quit after that because I'm not strong enough :/ Would've loved to get the pet or suit though lol.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    TtheHero wrote: »

I'd love for it to return if they made drop rates better, or made it monster drops like the Meowbinogi marbles v.v I only got like three coins, quit after that because I'm not strong enough :/ Would've loved to get the pet or suit though lol.

defeat the crag cow on hard mode is easy. since the monsters are only in groups of 3 almost anyone can kill the monsters with a little planning and the drop rate for broken star pieces is high. if a new players are having trouble just join a party, there is usually 10 to 20 players at the shadow alter in tailteann. if this event returns they should give us more star chisels somehow to motivate players to farm it more. but yes I think the broken star pieces should be monster drops as well or at least have the end chest drop 3 or 4 pieces instead of 1 or 0. this event is more boring then difficult since not everyone wants to run 5 or more shadow missions for only 5 tokens and low chances of getting a star every day.
    [Deleted User]badnewsbarrettSherri
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    Its really easy for strong players to say "just do X shadow mission on hard, its really easy because I can do it".
    badnewsbarrett
  • ChaseuChaseu
    Mabinogi Rep: 510
    Aeolys wrote: »
    Its really easy for strong players to say "just do X shadow mission on hard, its really easy because I can do it".
    But it is pretty easy. My cumulative is around 500 and I have been getting the pieces just fine running missions on hard. It takes longer if you try to solo but it IS possible.
    I personally have been just been running conflict spams on hm with parties that are typically much stronger than me.
    SylviaWolfe
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    edited March 8, 2017
    Hurdur i can't get the star because i'm too weak

then get a party, a strong one, that does not mind your weak strength, then thank them
    GretaSherri
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    I complaint once because I thought this event is only efficient for strong players but it is actually isn't that hard. I'm around cumulative level 300 and can carry my own weight in conflict HM. I can even do the mission with players that seems weaker than me, although of course it takes longer and inefficient. Can't do the elite without significantly stronger player though lol

I like this event because it forced me to try conflict, of which I never would've do because I thought you need friends to do it. Didn't know you can just put a party up and random people will join lol Now I'm addicted to conflict because $$$$

• ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited March 8, 2017
    just be happy they don't make you run a roleplaying event that lasts like 30 minutes, with over 10 minutes of it just waiting for the timer to hit a certain time to get your stars. -glares at Belisha's mansion event-
    SylviaWolfe[Deleted User]
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Oh god, I hated that. The crash rate on that event is ridiculous...
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Hazurah wrote: »
    Hurdur i can't get the star because i'm too weak

then get a party, a strong one, that does not mind your weak strength, then thank them

You can't get carried in hard mode if you don't have a golden talent but you can for elite. Which has better rates than hard. Besides people have an entire event to do this. :U
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890

My thoughts exactly :/ I honestly don't see why people are looking down on weaker players for this event like they don't have a right to do it too. "Just get carried through the mission!" Except people have made it clear they don't want to do that

-sigh-
    SylviaWolfeSherri
  • FoolieCooleFoolieCoole
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
    I'm not really strong, so I got into a group spamming conflict hm. Got about 30 stars in an hour. It's really easy to complain, but easier to get stars.

SherriDaktaroGreta
  • OrkaneOrkane
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,365
    It's really easy to complain, but easier to get stars.

The sass is real.
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    It's really easy to complain, but easier to get stars.

Nailed it. Bravo!
  • ShadowsalyerShadowsalyer
    Mabinogi Rep: 625
    well for me this event is decent i did like 40 runs and got like 35 star pieces...and got 4 stars soo now i just need to spend like 30 coins and i get the pet...or better just do the runs and hopefully u get all the stars without spending the coins.....
  • ShadowsalyerShadowsalyer
    Mabinogi Rep: 625
    PS i got an old pc soo i can only solo crag cow HM without crashing lol
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited March 13, 2017
    I'm not really strong, so I got into a group spamming conflict hm. Got about 30 stars in an hour. It's really easy to complain, but easier to get stars.

So basically, do what -removed- of Alexina does and leech.
    That is actually a viable method, since most people do not care if one out of 3 people are strong enough to lullaby and bash things to death, or even 2 out of 4. I dislike it having this as the most viable method however. There should never be a real point where we encourage people to do so in order to accomplish something, but alas, the whole reason why Elites have no requirements is due to this.
    Greta