Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Music and sound issues? Fix incoming!

SaygoSaygo
Mabinogi Rep: 6,265
edited March 22, 2017 in Vault
Hi Everyone,

We have received tickets about players not being able to hear certain background music throughout Erinn. Other tickets have stated that certain sound effects weren't working anymore. We looked into the issue and noticed that they were correct! A recent update caused some audio files to not load to your client. If this is something you are experiencing, we have a fix for you!

Step 1: Close Mabinogi. THE MOST DIFFICULT STEP... but it has to be done...
JSkxbVM.png

Step 2: Open the Mabinogi Settings in the Nexon Launcher (NOTE: The settings button will not show up if you are in game)
yKAAFE0.png

Step 3: Hit Repair Installation.
XspeJSd.png

Step 4: Click OK. Your missing audio and music files will be added back onto your client
tFQDrn6.png

You should start a small update
FNxpqWR.png

Step 5: Log in again and start playing. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

That's it! Should be relatively simple. We will monitor future updates to make sure this issue does not occur again. Thank you for your patience

thumbsup.gif
LittleCeciDarkpixie99GretaSunnliKitsuyashaVitolan

Comments

• BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    Thanks Saygo! Though have my BGM off all the time Im sure the people who have it on will appreciate this
    Crimsọn
  • SaygoSaygo
    edited March 22, 2017
    I realize that others might be using Steam Launcher.

HERE WE GO!

Step 1: Close Mabinogi. You can jump back in right after this. I promise.
    JSkxbVM.png

Step 2 In your Steam Library Right Click Mabinogi and select Properties
    pJktjmr.png

Step 3 Click the Local Files tab and hit Verify Integrity of Game Files. (That sounds very very serious)
    MVchMos.png

You will start a small download. Click Close when finished.
    X6UuCWj.png

Step 4: Log back into Mabinogi. See that wasn't so bad.

tumblr_nx4h58N4W71tbio59o4_500.gif
    YoorahNegumikoKitimyuzuGretaClovis15HumiliatingKitsuyasha
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Tried that before the Launcher update and this post, so let's see if this fixes it. The first time I tried this, it restored one song, but not the rest.
    Saygo
  • SaygoSaygo
    edited March 22, 2017
    Leinei wrote: »
    Tried that before the Launcher update and this post, so let's see if this fixes it. The first time I tried this, it restored one song, but not the rest.

We just pushed the actual fix 30 minutes ago. It should resolve the issue now.
  • LeineiLeinei
    edited March 22, 2017
    Yes, we are back in business! Still no title page music, but I can totally live with that. Can you tell us what was causing the issue?

opm_saitama.png
  • RukiyaRukiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 850
    Yaaaaaaay!

Thanks so much~

Ah, musics~
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    it works

but can they at least announce the problem along with the solution in the NEWS PAGE!
  • LeineiLeinei
    edited March 23, 2017
    @Hazurah I went ahead and messaged Saygo directly asking if this would be a possibility. =3

It's so nice we can contact moderators like that directly now.
  • Clovis15Clovis15
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,780
    Thanks for the info, I've since went and had Steam fix everything.
  • RukiyaRukiya
    Hi!
    Don't mean to bump old threads but was wondering if the Title Music, when Mabinogi first pops up is still silent for anyone else? Even after you did the repair install?
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    I wanna say yes that there isn't an start screen BGM. I used these fixes for my client and all BGM works minus the start screen. I know others have inquired about it as well so I just assumed there wasn't one for it atm.
  • LeineiLeinei
    I don't have BGM for my title screen either. XD
  • RukiyaRukiya
    Okay thank you both for confirming just making sure its not just me ^^.
  • s4reenas4reena
    Mabinogi Rep: 620
    seems it's become mandatory now. I was forced to do a 640mb update today, but wasnt yesterday