Check out the patch notes for the September 10th update, Campfire Spirit: https://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/23685
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

9th Anniversary GM Event Day 1: Tarlach

Comments

  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 50,555
    Posts: 7,697
    Member
    edited March 29, 2017
    mintiel wrote: »
    Ah yes my favorite gm reasoning:
    Rw9Fczk.png
    Such an elegant and professional response to an innocent question.

    Thank you for that screenshot.

    I know I said I was done with this thread but...you get what you get. Don't ruin it for everyone else.

    -baps-

    Shout out to @Nkeona for getting it. We need you as our new mom. =P
    [Deleted User]
  • mintielmintiel
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,960
    Posts: 177
    Member
    Y'know if people weren't asking her honestly and they were attacking her, I'd agree with her. But when people ask you about something in earnest with no intention to harm and a GM of all people responds in such a manner, that's where it's questionable and flat out bad. Also if you think that's good parenting, no offense, you need to rethink your parenting methods. That's basically punishing people for asking why, not punishing people for demanding it.

    Which leads me to the question: Why would you ever punish people for asking "why"? Why would you praise unprofessional attitudes in response to people asking why? (well aside from needing to brownnose nexon for whatever they do that is.)

    That's what the issue here is.

    But I guess if you want to see the GMs ruin the games here in NA/Nexon Global by pretty much providing false promises and favoritism, then hey, whatever floats your boat. You can be Mabi's EunwolGAZED then or whatever. Hey, maybe He'll even make you a maplestory GM hat. Omg! You could be twins!
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 50,555
    Posts: 7,697
    Member
    edited March 29, 2017
    There is a reason for everything and MohawkGuy already explained it. I'm sorry you keep failing to see the reasons behind their actions. There is no brown nosing. I see there was only empathy for the customers of TARLACH.

    What kind of compensation would you have provided? None at all? Like in the past? These GM's are trying. We haven't been provided compensation for YEARS while under Sabina's care. Give them a chance and stop ruining it for everyone else. They are under constrictions and can only do something if it is approved, which was probably granted because Tarlach's server crashed.

    Tarlach's server crashed.
    Tarlach's server crashed.
    Tarlach's server crashed.

    -drills it into you-

    If Ruairi crashed I am pretty sure we would of been compensated too. Though this is not to encourage players to purposely crash the server for extra stuff. I said in in previous comments that actions like these needs to be disciplined. Also what others have said, abilities need to be disabled. Perhaps that has been hindsight with every GM event ever held. Maybe they don't have that ability? Maybe they have to deal with events with what they have available to them even when crap hits the fan. They are merely publishers after all.

    Wait, and perhaps they will provide some kind of fair solution down the road.

    Are you just afraid that you will never ever get that balloon? Never say never here.

    -pat pat-
    Greta
  • UzumeUzume
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    Posts: 6
    Member
    Yokkaichi wrote: »
    you never know when the balloons will be re-released, so be patient and quit being so whiny.

    "You don't know when the world will end, so buy your underground bunker immediately!"

    This logic is about the dumbest thing I've read in this thread. If you don't know when, or even IF, something is going to be re-released, HOW can you be "patient" for it? How long do you want them to be patient for again? Can you give me an indication if it'll even be coming back? I don't even really play Mabinogi but a friend sent me to this thread, and this singular argument is the most flawed thing here. Sorry, but no one should be patient for a bunch of uncertainties. It's like telling me to buy all the bread in my local grocery store because I never know when a snowstorm will just randomly happen.

    Please, use a different argument if you wanna speak back to others. By the way, that screenshot of the GM saying that? What a professional way to handle things! It's not like your job revolves around customer service, in which you should not be rude to your customers because they are what puts money in your pocket everyday. If anyone is being ungrateful, it's that GM being a jerk to their players, the people who give them MONEY, the people that might've RESPECTED them until that dumb comment.

    But I guess that doesn't matter to you or Gaea, because Nexon does nothing wrong. They can't be criticized, the players are always whining and complaining about nonsensical things. It isn't like just a while ago a GM gave a very rare sword to a player before, that wasn't a mistake on the GMs part no, not at all! Because they do nothing wrong in the slightest, they're little angels who deserve respect even if they don't respect me back!
  • mintielmintiel
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,960
    Posts: 177
    Member
    Gaea wrote: »
    These GM's are trying.

    RDHqScF.gif
    Okay whatever you say. I'm sure the instant something you dislike happens you'll be here with another QQ thread about Nexon.
    Uzume wrote: »
    But I guess that doesn't matter to you or Gaea, because Nexon does nothing wrong. They can't be criticized, the players are always whining and complaining about nonsensical things. It isn't like just a while ago a GM gave a very rare sword to a player before, that wasn't a mistake on the GMs part no, not at all! Because they do nothing wrong in the slightest, they're little angels who deserve respect even if they don't respect me back!

  • mintielmintiel
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,960
    Posts: 177
    Member
    Like I'm sorry "these gms are trying" is the best laugh I've gotten in my 12 years playing Nexon games
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 50,555
    Posts: 7,697
    Member
    edited March 29, 2017
    I come from a background where I had to deal with customer's like you all day. I will be the voice of the customer service rep, for them. It is true, we are not infallible. However we are at the mercy of our corporations and we attempt to serve you under the constraints of the procedures and policies we must follow to the best of our abilities for our livelihood. We offer and execute solutions at your requests, but often it is not good enough. It makes us feel like dirt and that dirt over time wears on us.

    The things you want take time. We try to make amends, always, because we are human just like you. We also get frustrated when we feel neglected or things don't pan out. Don't take it out on them, or anyone else...or they will eventually stop caring - just like every other csr (under whatever acronym) who serves you.

    Just...give them a chance guys. Provide them encouragement. They really need it.
  • UzumeUzume
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    Posts: 6
    Member
    Gaea wrote: »
    I come from a background where I had to deal with customer's like you all day. I will be the voice of the customer service rep, for them. It is true, we are not infallible. However we are at the mercy of our corporations and we attempt to serve you under the constraints of the procedures and policies we must follow to the best of our abilities for our livelihood. We offer and execute solutions at your requests, but often it is not good enough. It makes us feel like dirt and that dirt over time wears on us.

    The things you want take time. We try to make amends, always, because we are human just like you. We also get frustrated when we feel neglected or things don't pan out. Don't take it out on them, or anyone else...or they will eventually stop caring - just like every other previous GM or CM.

    I know things about customer service too, ya know. And what Nkeona said would be unacceptable. If you want to be a good representative for your company, you have to be the bigger person. Nkeona's words? That was immature, and you can't tell me otherwise. If you had worked in customer service then you should know that things like that would've gotten you fired.

    I know customers treat you like dirt, but that doesn't mean you treat them like dirt back. This entire situation would've gone down slightly better if there weren't GMs being immature and threatening to take away prizes from future events. That is not how you mediate a situation like this. The players might be responding harshly, but the GMs are not helping. If you are unable to see that, then it's clear to me you don't know what you're talking about.
    mintiel
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 50,555
    Posts: 7,697
    Member
    edited March 29, 2017
    Well they could just go with uh...some ambiguous generic response repeatedly. Would that be better?

    Don't tell me you never wanted to mouth off some belligerent customer in some kind of witty way even after you attempted to explain your disposition under policies? I think Nkeona was being extremely tame and humorous. Customers are WRONG. Even after we have explained everything you are still ignorant and selfish.

    But I guess we will lose another rep.

    RIP in Mabinogi.
  • UzumeUzume
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    Posts: 6
    Member
    edited March 29, 2017
    Gaea wrote: »
    Well they could just go with uh...some ambiguous generic response repeatedly. Would that be better?

    Don't tell me you never wanted to mouth off some belligerent customer in some kind of witty way.

    ...It'd be better than what they decided to say, in all honesty.
    (Also, sure I might wanna insult some annoying customers, but that doesn't make it right. Take your anger out by speaking to your friends in private, but not to the customer's face. Again, you'd be fired.)

    P.S. Please stop editing your post so much. Get your thoughts in order and then post. Makes it easier to reply.
  • mintielmintiel
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,960
    Posts: 177
    Member
    Gaea wrote: »
    Well we could just go with uh...some ambiguous generic response repeatedly. Would that be better?
    Um actually, yes because it would show at least a manner of professionalism that this company lacks, that for some reason you think that a bad bratty response is better. In the end of the day, Nexon is still a company. They aren't exempt from getting backlash for repeated poor treatment toward their user base, just like any other company gets, just because we like their games. I know there are times that people can get ridiculous. For example, the death threats sent out to Sabina? That is the community getting incredibly out of hand and that is poor treatment of the game's staff. This? This is people basically explaining their feelings, and then people coming in and saying why peoples feelings are stupid, and then another staff member saying "OH DONT FORGET WHY WE'RE HERE OR WE'RE JUST GOING TO REVOKE PRESENTS FOR SHOWING UP AT THESE EVENTS" which yknow, is incredibly bratty to say. I know people are not owed anything for showing up, but a response like this? That's going to cause conflict. It's like saying "OH IF YOU EXPECTED A FREE SAMPLE LIKE I GAVE THE OTHER GUY, I'M GOING TO STOP GIVING THEM BECAUSE OF REASONS I DON'T FEEL OBLIGATED TO EXPLAIN" when there's better ways of handling it, that are far more professional. Stop treating them like this is some free service and their paychecks aren't paid, that some players aren't giving the company revenue, because they are.
    UzumeDaktaro
  • mintielmintiel
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,960
    Posts: 177
    Member
    Stop editing your posts like 3 times

    Also just because you want to mouth off to a customer doesn't mean you should do it.
    Uzume
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 50,555
    Posts: 7,697
    Member
    edited March 29, 2017
    Uzume wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    Well they could just go with uh...some ambiguous generic response repeatedly. Would that be better?

    Don't tell me you never wanted to mouth off some belligerent customer in some kind of witty way.

    ...It'd be better than what they decided to say, in all honesty.
    (Also, sure I might wanna insult some annoying customers, but that doesn't make it right. Take your anger out by speaking to your friends in private, but not to the customer's face. Again, you'd be fired.)

    I don't do customer service anymore. People are just awful too often. I feel for these reps.
  • mintielmintiel
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,960
    Posts: 177
    Member
    Gaea wrote: »

    I don't do customer service anymore. People are just awful. That's all I am going to say.
    So, because you had bad experiences with customers, you support a company treating its playerbase poorly? I hope you get a good dose of getting Nexon'd one day then. I'm sure you'll be real pleased when that happens.
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,360
    Posts: 438
    Member
    The exact reason why you don't do customer service, it is because you do it awfully
  • UzumeUzume
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    Posts: 6
    Member
    Gaea wrote: »
    I don't do customer service anymore. People are just awful too often. I feel for these reps.

    I understand that. It is a hard job, and you gotta be as tough as you can be during the job. However, they applied for this job. They need to be the bigger person. It isn't optional. You can't just say whatever you please because people are being awful to you, again you have guidelines to follow and if you don't follow them you get fired.

    Players are allowed to express their viewpoint as much as they please. It's called feedback. Feedback is what the forums exist for, and Nexon is supposed to read and at least consider the more rational voices (and yes, there are rational voices in this situation. Because the way this was handled by Nexon was very poor, honestly.)

    I feel for these guys too, this community can get pretty irrational. But in this situation, I feel they're allowed to express their feelings because they are not being that harsh (like slashing someone's tires for instance). If they aren't allowed to at the very least express how they feel, then just delete the forums.
    DaktaromintielCarlizeIyasenuSenyuni
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 50,555
    Posts: 7,697
    Member
    edited March 29, 2017
    mintiel wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »

    I don't do customer service anymore. People are just awful. That's all I am going to say.
    So, because you had bad experiences with customers, you support a company treating its playerbase poorly? I hope you get a good dose of getting Nexon'd one day then. I'm sure you'll be real pleased when that happens.

    I use to be in your shoes dude. Caused a big ruckus in the old forums, both 1.0 and 2.0. But after 9 years of this game and 7 years of being a csr you start to wonder and then you eventually empathize with the rep. It is up to you to get stuff done, constructively.
    Uzume wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    I don't do customer service anymore. People are just awful too often. I feel for these reps.

    I understand that. It is a hard job, and you gotta be as tough as you can be during the job. However, they applied for this job. They need to be the bigger person. It isn't optional. You can't just say whatever you please because people are being awful to you, again you have guidelines to follow and if you don't follow them you get fired.

    Players are allowed to express their viewpoint as much as they please. It's called feedback. Feedback is what the forums exist for, and Nexon is supposed to read and at least consider the more rational voices (and yes, there are rational voices in this situation. Because the way this was handled by Nexon was very poor, honestly.)

    I feel for these guys too, this community can get pretty irrational. But in this situation, I feel they're allowed to express their feelings because they are not being that harsh (like slashing someone's tires for instance). If they aren't allowed to at the very least express how they feel, then just delete the forums.

    Fine, but they are still just balloons. It's not like it's the succubus queen outfit or a soluna blade. Pretty sure if they were offered something rare they would shut up. That's why it's petty and mundane.
    Greta
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,215
    Posts: 281
    Member
    edited March 29, 2017
    1. i don't think anybody who was upset about the altam balloon thing was ungrateful for the GMs putting some of their time aside to come and interact with players. i would assume that is always appreciated by the majority of players. the event itself and the issue of the exclusive (as of now) item and response from staff are different. if this same situation happened except an exclusive, sought after item was not given to one server, i believe it's reasonable to assume the response towards the event would be mostly positive asides from the server crash in tarlach specifically.

    2. the mindset of just blindly white knighting nexon NA scares me. if everyone just accepts any action from the staff even if they don't agree with it and reaches as far as they can to find excuses every time, it is just going to create distance (edit: and a toxic relationship) between staff and players. outright rudeness from players towards staff and vice versa should not be tolerated but no one is perfect, there is always room for improvement and constructive criticism time to time.

    3. there is enough vagueness and avoiding subjects from this company to justify uncertainty and worry from players. we have absolutely no idea if or when an altam balloon will be available to all servers and the excuse of "just be patient, it might come" in my opinion is not enough. the excuse of "it's just a balloon" is also not enough and is extremely close-minded and self-centered. i'm not too bothered about the balloon myself but i can appreciate the feelings of people who are, and it is also about the principle more than the item itself.

    note: i have also worked for a significant period of time in customer service so i have experience of what it's like on both sides.
  • mintielmintiel
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,960
    Posts: 177
    Member
    Gaea wrote: »
    mintiel wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »

    I don't do customer service anymore. People are just awful. That's all I am going to say.
    So, because you had bad experiences with customers, you support a company treating its playerbase poorly? I hope you get a good dose of getting Nexon'd one day then. I'm sure you'll be real pleased when that happens.

    I use to be in your shoes dude. Caused a big ruckus in the old forums, both 1.0 and 2.0. But after 9 year of this game and 7 years of being a csr you start to wonder and then you eventually empathize with the rep. It is up to you to get stuff done, constructively.

    >9 years
    Yeah cool I been playing these games for 12 years I remember when Nexon actually wasn't so bad of a company and back when a free to play game was an actual free to play game not a Free to sign up for, pay to actually progress and experience a story.

    Been doing Customer Service all my adult life as well while running dual jobs. It sucks, but stop pretending that it's so forgivable when a company treats its playerbase like absolute crap because you had a bad experience. Stop encouraging Nexon to give out bad experiences by continuously sympathizing where no sympathy should be given. Yes, there's times where there should be sympathy given. Give sympathy during those times not "Ur all bein brats cos i think ur bein brats bap bap bap thatll teach ya whippersnappers!! get off my lawn!"

    "It is up to you to get stuff done, constructively"

    By what, giving yourself CSR Stockholm syndrome?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 50,555
    Posts: 7,697
    Member
    edited March 29, 2017
    Uzume wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    I don't do customer service anymore. People are just awful too often. I feel for these reps.

    I understand that. It is a hard job, and you gotta be as tough as you can be during the job. However, they applied for this job. They need to be the bigger person. It isn't optional. You can't just say whatever you please because people are being awful to you, again you have guidelines to follow and if you don't follow them you get fired.

    Players are allowed to express their viewpoint as much as they please. It's called feedback. Feedback is what the forums exist for, and Nexon is supposed to read and at least consider the more rational voices (and yes, there are rational voices in this situation. Because the way this was handled by Nexon was very poor, honestly.)

    I feel for these guys too, this community can get pretty irrational. But in this situation, I feel they're allowed to express their feelings because they are not being that harsh (like slashing someone's tires for instance). If they aren't allowed to at the very least express how they feel, then just delete the forums.
    mintiel wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    mintiel wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »

    I don't do customer service anymore. People are just awful. That's all I am going to say.
    So, because you had bad experiences with customers, you support a company treating its playerbase poorly? I hope you get a good dose of getting Nexon'd one day then. I'm sure you'll be real pleased when that happens.

    I use to be in your shoes dude. Caused a big ruckus in the old forums, both 1.0 and 2.0. But after 9 year of this game and 7 years of being a csr you start to wonder and then you eventually empathize with the rep. It is up to you to get stuff done, constructively.

    >9 years
    Yeah cool I been playing these games for 12 years I remember when Nexon actually wasn't so bad of a company and back when a free to play game was an actual free to play game not a Free to sign up for, pay to actually progress and experience a story.

    Been doing Customer Service all my adult life as well while running dual jobs. It sucks, but stop pretending that it's so forgivable when a company treats its playerbase like absolute crap because you had a bad experience. Stop encouraging Nexon to give out bad experiences by continuously sympathizing where no sympathy should be given. Yes, there's times where there should be sympathy given. Give sympathy during those times not "Ur all bein brats cos i think ur bein brats bap bap bap thatll teach ya whippersnappers!! get off my lawn!"

    "It is up to you to get stuff done, constructively"

    By what, giving yourself CSR Stockholm syndrome?

    You sir have been doing it wrong. And no, csr companies drill empathy into you for the customers. But what about the reps? Did you lose respect for yourself? How many more years will it take you to wake up?
This discussion has been closed.