Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Mission Point End Date?

Comments

• BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    Greta
    Greta said:

nick022
    nick022 said:

It didn't help anyone that you attacked us by telling us it's our fault for not checking forums. Is it so much to ask for a little empathy? How would you feel if you were in our situation?
    I didn't attack anyone. You guys attacked forums when you realized your own mistake. If i were you i would be like "Omg i'm stupid.... Oh well.. Nothing to do there..". And go on with my life and not overQQ too much in forums, because i would acknowledge this as my mistake.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    edited December 21, 2016
    Berryswirl

I'm really not in the mood to play a game with you, @TNinja.

You've been warned about your saltyness from a regular player, that's all I can do.
    I'm not exactly in the mood to play games either, so yeah. Just leave it there if you want to perceive it that way.
  • nick022nick022
    Mabinogi Rep: 575
    You would seriously not care that you just wasted a month of your life? How insensitive.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited December 21, 2016
    nick022
    nick022 said:

It came off harsh and I perceived it as an attack, and it seems TNinja did as well but is attacking back. Anyway, I just assumed they extended it due to the people not being able to complete the "Rebirth 25 times" monthly mission. I tried checking the forums and main page about it being extended but couldn't find anything, so I just assumed it was extended. It's frustrating for us that we spent each day for the past month doing daunting tasks for rewards and due to an in game error, we got screwed out of our efforts.
    No mention about extensions = no changes in the event.
    Someone of GM's mentions anything about change = the change will happen.
    Pretty simple. Be more careful next time~ ^^
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited December 21, 2016
    Berryswirl

Greta
    Greta said:

nick022
    nick022 said:

It didn't help anyone that you attacked us by telling us it's our fault for not checking forums. Is it so much to ask for a little empathy? How would you feel if you were in our situation?
    I didn't attack anyone. You guys attacked forums when you realized your own mistake. If i were you i would be like "Omg i'm stupid.... Oh well.. Nothing to do there..". And go on with my life and not overQQ too much in forums, because i would acknowledge this as my mistake.
    I was referencing what i usually think about myself when i do anything bad. I didn't target directly at anyone with it.

Berryswirl
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Well alright, I'll be careful next time.
    Next time they do time limited events, I'll just assume that they would be too incompetent to actually make it work so I can never actually trust them.

I mean, I could do that, but I don't think that's how a game developer wants the community to be.
  • nick022nick022
    I'm just asking for a little bit of empathy is all, and I'd like to see something done about the miscommunication.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    edited December 21, 2016
    @nick022 I didn't waste a month of my life. I ranked up some skills, made some new friends running stuff, ran dungeons I haven't ran in ages, enjoyed running stuff with my guildmates. I don't see how it's a waste. Also I don't think anything will be done about the miscommunication.
  • nick022nick022
    Yeah, YOU didn't. I meant for the Mission Point Event. I spent every day forcing myself to do the tasks for red upgrade stones that I was going to get at the end since they expire only to have all my efforts worth nothing because of the monthly timer being off in game. The whole thing is really disheartening.
    Morold
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    And I meant for the mission point aswell.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    edited December 21, 2016
    FayeKaiba
    FayeKaiba said:

@nick022 I didn't waste a month of my life. I ranked up some skills, made some new friends running stuff, ran dungeons I haven't ran in ages, enjoyed running stuff with my guildmates. I don't see how it's a waste. Also I don't think anything will be done about the miscommunication.
    All that could have been done outside the event, but the only wasteful thing here, would be the extra effort you qeueeze in the time limit, I guess.

The "Oh damn the day's almost over but I forgot to finish these things" stress.
    Or do the thigns you absolutely don't want to do like making Corn Teas. I guess.
    Instead of the usual 2 hour a day, or 4 days a week, you made it once every day, 5 hours a day time specifically for this event.

That kind of waste?
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    edited December 21, 2016
    At the least, there could have been a notice on the patcher to clarify the event's end date, since the misleading time left in-game was a known issue. Nexon is not blameless here and they made a poor assumption to think everyone keeps a watchful eye on the forums.

I probably had a total of 40000 points across all my characters, lucky I spent them in time.
    Morold
  • nick022nick022
    That's why I'm asking for a little empathy. YOU didn't waste anything on Mission Points because you found out the real end date, whereas people like me and Jodhi seriously got screwed. I had about 8600 points, and Jodhi had about 11000 for chrissake.
  • nick022nick022
    That would have gone better, because I did check the patch notes to see if there was anything about the Mission Point end date.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    nick022
    nick022 said:

That's why I'm asking for a little empathy. YOU didn't waste anything on Mission Points because you found out the real end date, whereas people like me and Jodhi seriously got screwed. I had about 8600 points, and Jodhi had about 11000 for chrissake.
    Hey, watch as you are being blamed for not spending the points when you could.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    So even though you were aware there was two different dates and that something didn't add up, you only decided to check the post but you didnt think at all to check the forums or ask? Nexon isn't the only one at fault here.

Anyway, what's done is done, nexon will do anything. Move on, stop being salty. Thankfully red upg
    Greta
  • nick022nick022
    edited December 21, 2016
    I'm just a player, chill. You can't blame me for being misinformed. That's just wrong.

And I said I checked the forums and couldn't find anything.

It's not like I'm the only one either. :(
    Morold
  • EpicfailerEpicfailer
    Mabinogi Rep: 310
    There's no point in complaining. I never brought anything from the mission shop either and i had 17k points throughout my characters. Just take this unfortunate event as a reminder to always check the true end date of an event.
    Greta
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Yes, never trust the officials. Don't listen to the game. Always assume incompetence. Got it.
    Morold
  • VenezziaofArcadiaVenezziaofArcadia
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,270
    *Raises hand sheepishly* I also got caught flat-footed by this.

In my defense, since the start of the event it was easy to see getting 5000 for one of the top prizes was going to be next to impossible, or at least far harder than the first time the event ran, so when I saw we had an extra week I just thought Nexon had become aware of it and had given us extra time, and hence I didn't think to check here if it was true or some glitch. I sometimes am so trusting...

And I'm a person who waits until the very last day to cash in, in hopes of maybe getting the top prize in a box instead of spending a heckofalot of points on it, and then use all those freed-up points on even more boxes.

At least this time I can honestly say I ran out of time unaware, not like with the Ghosts events in which I did buy everything I wanted on the very last day... except the damned ghost pet whistle XD Them 300 old coins sure look purty in my bank vault!