Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

AP training... too grindy

Comments

• chandroochandroo
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    does anyone know if the AP spent in in AP training is refunded if a skill is reset?
  • Arch's NestArch's Nest
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    chandroo wrote: »
    does anyone know if the AP spent in in AP training is refunded if a skill is reset?

I was just thinking about this and will test it on an alt.
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    There are some skills I'd rather spend 200 AP on than spend 200 hours tediously training it out.
    Vimi
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665

Skill resets should only give back the ap you spent to rank up.
    Dcat682
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    edited May 17, 2017
    TheNyanCat wrote: »

Skill resets should only give back the ap you spent to rank up.

But using AP to train a skill is using AP to rank it up. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • Arch's NestArch's Nest
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    You do not gain back any AP spent on ranking up the skill if you reset your skills. It is lost to the netherverse.
  • FoxgirlkatieFoxgirlkatie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,055
    Xiokun wrote: »
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    I honestly can't tell if this thread is serious or not. Clicking a button 10-15 times is nothing compared to hours and hours of grinding and all the button clicking you need to do for normally ranking a skill. People just...are people really complaining already?

I don't care what people say about this thing. This AP training is a blessing for me. Rank 1 Blacksmithing and Tailoring here I come!

i have one thing to say to this.

Oh yes. Im going become a rank 1 blacksmither finally :D

this AP training is a god send.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    I wouldn't have expected that to work anyway. It'd be a huge exploit because you can re-rank untrained skills at any time by just spending the ap.
  • ちょびっツちょびっツ
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,010
    nevyn25 wrote: »
    really, the only downside to this ap training stuff is the constant scrolling you need to do, because the skill list reverts back to the top everytime. otherwise it's a pretty neat system

Not sure if people know about this or not, but you can actually move skills around in your skill list, so skills for instance that are at the bottom of the list you can click and move it to the top kinda like how you would move a skill on your hotkeys
    badnewsbarrett
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    edited May 17, 2017
    I already capped/r1'd all the skills few weeks ago so while the AP training is nice... it's useless for me unless you can use that to master skills...

Memento when??
  • TabariTabari
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,590
    Not sure if people know about this or not, but you can actually move skills around in your skill list, so skills for instance that are at the bottom of the list you can click and move it to the top kinda like how you would move a skill on your hotkeys

Not for me, when ever I try and do that, the list resets the next time I log back in.
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    Mind like 'I've done this in haaaaaard way so you must suffer as well' should be vanished...
    I kinda like this ap training. It actually require like two digits AP to train certain amount for high ranks/hard-to-train skills so, sounds fair enough.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    nevyn25 wrote: »
    really, the only downside to this ap training stuff is the constant scrolling you need to do, because the skill list reverts back to the top everytime. otherwise it's a pretty neat system

@ちょびっツ

ちょびっツはぼくの四目好きなアニメだよ! :3
    [Chobits is my fourth favorite anime.]

Sorry as soon as I saw your name I had to say that. <u<
    Ellisya wrote: »
    Mind like 'I've done this in haaaaaard way so you must suffer as well' should be vanished...
    I kinda like this ap training. It actually require like two digits AP to train certain amount for high ranks/hard-to-train skills so, sounds fair enough.

Exactly Ellisya. This game isn't about bragging about who suffered the most. I think this update was needed. We should all respect those who endured the training before all these enhancers to make things easier and do-able, but calling for everyone else to suffer to make oneself feel better is a little selfish in my eyes. I'll always respect those who were the first pioneers of Mabinogi or those who managed to do G1 without much help or even managed to solo Tir Na Nog by themselves way back in the day. (I know someone has had to. At least one.), but now really grindy skills like blacksmithing and tailoring lack the incentive to train with the exception of super duper rare scrolls with even rarer materials, and thus the will to train them has dropped significantly. At least now this will boost the enthusiasm with a mindset of, "hey, I got spare AP, and a 30 training point prerequisite doesn't sound TOO bad so why don't I give this a try? :)"

Also could someone calculate how this AP cost is? If someone has already could someone direct me to it? Tailoring cost me about 60 AP for very good successes, yet getting hillwen ore for rank 3 mining only cost me 4 for a very good chunk.
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    All This clicking training on all these skills to ap train is too grindy.

I agree. Why don't we get complete skill training for a random rank 2 or lower skill every day we log in?

Getting tired of KR keeping so many updates away from us.
    Back when I played KR-Test, they gave us all rank 1 skills sometimes after a wipe for testing.
    I used to whine about having to close all those countless "Skill Level Up" dialogs that took forever. :'D
  • TtheHeroTtheHero
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,410
    I finally got around to ranking up Alchemy Mastery, and shedding those outdated training requirements. You will click to rank up those skills with AP, and you will LIKE IT, buddy!
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    Xiokun wrote: »
    Also could someone calculate how this AP cost is? If someone has already could someone direct me to it? Tailoring cost me about 60 AP for very good successes, yet getting hillwen ore for rank 3 mining only cost me 4 for a very good chunk.

Not sure exactly how this work but according to player on KR server,
    Hillwen Engineering rank D to Rank 1 took 1261 AP

• Dcat682Dcat682
    Mabinogi Rep: 880
    Would be rather broken if you can get the ap back that you converted to xp as well as the ap to level up with a skills reset. Resets should probably just stick with refunding level up AP unless Nexon can both keep track of AP through AP training AND balance the reset so it doesnt give an advantage to users playing with that method over regular players.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,155
    Policroma wrote: »
    Yeah, if people don't like this... well, sorry, I love it. I've been trying to rank handicraft FOREVER!

-cringes-

I really wish they would make some skills easier. Like hillwen mining and magic craft.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    It seems harder skills require more AP. Cannot very well have everyone spend 200 AP for Rank 1 Hillwen Engineering.
  • Dcat682Dcat682
    Mabinogi Rep: 880
    Fireball's another nasty skill to AP level. I believe its over 100 for a small section between A and 9