Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

AP training... too grindy

Comments

• MarithMarith
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,005
    Tabari wrote: »
    Not for me, when ever I try and do that, the list resets the next time I log back in.

It only keeps the first 10 entries in a tab. All of them after that will get reset.
    WolfandWolfHindsight
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Dcat682 wrote: »
    Fireball's another nasty skill to AP level. I believe its over 100 for a small section between A and 9
    Why on earth would anyone AP level for Fireball though, it's one of the easiest skills to train
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    I honestly can't tell if this thread is serious or not. Clicking a button 10-15 times is nothing compared to hours and hours of grinding and all the button clicking you need to do for normally ranking a skill. People just...are people really complaining already?

i mean it would be nice to have a +1 and -1 button like the trans training menu so its less clicky and can get lots done in 1 go
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Tabari wrote: »
    Not sure if people know about this or not, but you can actually move skills around in your skill list, so skills for instance that are at the bottom of the list you can click and move it to the top kinda like how you would move a skill on your hotkeys

Not for me, when ever I try and do that, the list resets the next time I log back in.

you have to actually exit the game properly dont just press the red x or alt f4 it
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Dcat682 wrote: »
    Fireball's another nasty skill to AP level. I believe its over 100 for a small section between A and 9

fire ball is easy to train tho

just join Tail defence battle on hard and blow up like all 5-6 mobs in 1 go combine with snap cast for fasterness
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited May 19, 2017
    When even Splatulated trains Fireball faster and better than you do, you know you messed up.

No offense Splat. I could not resist.
    GretaZeo
  • AgentJeanAgentJean
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,775
    edited May 19, 2017
    Too Grindy?

I went from r6 Magic Craft to r5 Magic Craft in a few clicks.

And I might try maxing out cooking using this method too. To TNN with those Kitchen Dungeons.
  • kingjames488kingjames488
    Mabinogi Rep: 725
    it does make it more difficult to see what can be leveled up at a glance though, since all the skills have green buttons next to them now >.<
    Dcat682
  • NafrayuNafrayu
    Mabinogi Rep: 610
    2 questions:

1. You need at least 30 training done. Can you use Skill training (35) and then use AP to train ?
    2. For the skill training boost (+50% at lvl 100) does it count in the requirements or is this out of requirements like reforge or badge ?
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Nafrayu wrote: »
    2 questions:

1. You need at least 30 training done. Can you use Skill training (35) and then use AP to train ?
    2. For the skill training boost (+50% at lvl 100) does it count in the requirements or is this out of requirements like reforge or badge ?

Yes. You can use Training seals, and then AP regardless of the actual training count, even if none of them are filled. You can also use brioniac after AP training, as AP training specifically fills in categories of training requirements, enabling brioniac's usage/
    Hindsight
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    crying-laughing-emoji.jpg

To all the people complaining about ap training. You guys obviously don't trains hard skills that are far worse to train manually than to rank them up using ap.

Or you're salty because you did train them the hard way and now others don't have to.

Either way...if you don't like it..don't use it?
  • PiarkirePiarkire
    Mabinogi Rep: 820
    edited May 21, 2017
    Nafrayu wrote: »
    2 questions:

Yes. You can use Training seals, and then AP regardless of the actual training count, even if none of them are filled. You can also use brioniac after AP training, as AP training specifically fills in categories of training requirements, enabling brioniac's usage/

Bold: This is partially incorrect; it will not allow you to AP train requirements that have a maximum count of 11 or less. This is because it trains 20% of that training, which 20% of 11 results in 2 which is what you get on an active talent bonus.

As a note to everyone, I warn all of you that are using talent badges for training; the feature ignores them so you're getting the non-badge training when using AP training.
  • ShadoeShadoe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,090
    HOW DARE they expect me to actually log into the game to raise skill levels. ;)

you have to actually exit the game properly dont just press the red x or alt f4 it
    My game doesn't ever close properly, but maybe it will save if people change channels afterwards?
  • justshowingjustshowing
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,060
    I've finally got rank 1 of the harder skills I never touched before...
    lance charge, blaze, meteor, inspiration...

but... I'm bored now... this is boring :-o
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805

Blaze is hard...?

U w0t m8.
  • KagaKaga
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,170

You never touch blaze? that's just plain wrong.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Blaze isn't hard! Blaze is fun! I like the kind of grindy skills that are fun to use. Like fighter... that was really fun. :3
    Kaga
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,155
    edited May 22, 2017
    Kaga wrote: »

I've barely touched blaze. I never found the skill to be that useful since it's more like a risky close proximity counter. It's annoying and I just don't like it. Eventually though I will have to rank it for the int and minor str points. Bleh...
  • KagaKaga
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,170
    Gaea wrote: »

I've barely touched blaze. I never found the skill to be that useful since it's more like a risky close proximity counter. It's annoying and I just don't like it. Eventually though I will have to rank it for the int and minor str points. Bleh...

It's more useful than Judgement blade + rage impact
    how bout dah
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,155
    edited May 22, 2017
    Gaea wrote: »

It's more useful than Judgement blade + rage impact
    how bout dah

Yeah but the mob has to get too close to you (imo) for you to use it. I guess I'm just mainly a FH spamming dual gun wielder with fire magic on the side. We all have our niches. If it works it works. ^^;;;

Can't wait for that 3rd weapon slot. >_>;;;